Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason "Teflon don Campbell

Shanny&Danny

All Seabass,huh?

Did JC make any plays this game?

Like the go ahead TD?

of course he made a few. he had a couple td passes.

overall though he did a poor job of taking advantage of what he was given. the raiders relied on their kicker, who make 3 straight field goals of 50 plus yards as well as a 42 yarder. he was awesome and kept them in the game.

Hell next week it will be the water boy winning the game because he kept the players hydrated

whatever dude. i am consistent on Campbell. i always have been. i dont think he is a good qb but i think a team can be successful with him if they have a very strong running game and good parts elsewhere.

i give him credit where credit is due, and because he was always classy in DC, i hope he does well.

i want him to become a better player and attempt to fix his weaknesses, but until he does so, he will never go far in the NFL.

this thread is about JC's performance, and any unbiased person could tell he had a rough day. fortunately for him, his team (specifically the kicker) balled out today.

whatever dude. i am consistent on Campbell. i always have been. i dont think he is a good qb but i think a team can be successful with him if they have a very strong running game and good parts elsewhere.

i give him credit where credit is due, and because he was always classy in DC, i hope he does well.

i want him to become a better player and attempt to fix his weaknesses, but until he does so, he will never go far in the NFL.

this thread is about JC's performance, and any unbiased person could tell he had a rough day. fortunately for him, his team (specifically the kicker) balled out today.

so you're with him at practice and during the offseason?

i mean you must be to make a statement saying that he isn't attempting to fix any of his weaknesses.

trust me, no one is ever going to accuse you of being unbiased. the fact that you feel compelled to come to this thread and bash a guy who just won an emotional road game against a pretty good team and give all the credit to a kicker says that you're anything but unbiased.

he's always been a love/hate guy, but don't pretend to be neutral when your posts aren't even close to that.

so you're with him at practice and during the offseason?

i mean you must be to make a statement saying that he isn't attempting to fix any of his weaknesses.

trust me, no one is ever going to accuse you of being unbiased. the fact that you feel compelled to come to this thread and bash a guy who just won an emotional road game against a pretty good team and give all the credit to a kicker says that you're anything but unbiased.

he's always been a love/hate guy, but don't pretend to be neutral when your posts aren't even close to that.

obviously i havent been at practice, i dont play for the oakland raiders. i have not seen much to say that JC has improved. i do like that he is taking some shots downfield, whether he is hitting them or not. he needs to continue to work on that.

im not bashing JC.. this thread is about JC's performance, and frankly, he was not very good today. if the eagles win today, does that mean that vick had a good game? no, it doesnt. im calling it like it is, just as i would for any qb in the league.

Campbell was let go prematurely in my opinion, but I understand why. He would have been nothing but a distraction and he obviously didn't have the faith of the coaching staff. I would have loved to have seen what Campbell can do with some protection and a functioning running game, because typically, when he had those things, he looked pretty darn well.

obviously i havent been at practice, i dont play for the oakland raiders. i have not seen much to say that JC has improved. i do like that he is taking some shots downfield, whether he is hitting them or not. he needs to continue to work on that.

im not bashing JC.. this thread is about JC's performance, and frankly, he was not very good today. if the eagles win today, does that mean that vick had a good game? no, it doesnt. im calling it like it is, just as i would for any qb in the league.

So, nevermind he threw 2 TD's. So what he passed under 50%, they won without a ground TD. Yes Seabass kicked four FG's, but without JC's 2 TD's, they would have lost. NFL is not about style points, it's about how you finish. I have a question for you, do you think the win last week vs. the Rams was pretty? Oakland is sitting 3-2, and pretty much in the hunt for the AFC West after 5 weeks.

So, nevermind he threw 2 TD's. So what he passed under 50%, they won without a ground TD. Yes Seabass kicked four FG's, but without JC's 2 TD's, they would have lost. NFL is not about style points, it's about how you finish. I have a question for you, do you think the win last week vs. the Rams was pretty? Oakland is sitting 3-2, and pretty much in the hunt for the AFC West after 5 weeks.

no i dont think it was a pretty win.

simply put JC had a bad performance today, and was bailed out by his team (specifically the kicker). this scenario does happen in the nfl.

but there's a difference between he still has things to work on and what you said which reads as "he's not working to improve himself" like he's mcnabb or something. i doubt campbell has the leash or ego to be a guy who doesn't work on improving his game.

if your quarterback does this in the 4th when you're trailing:

(Shotgun) J.Campbell pass short left to C.Schilens for 18 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

especially one as maligned as campbell for not having any comeback ability when he was here. btw, he had 2 last year against division foes.

but again, what qualifies as doing well has changed from:

stats (he doesn't put up good enough numbers)

to

w/l (psh, those are just garbage stats)

to

stats (the running game/defense/kicker matter more than the qb)

to

comeback ability (he can't bring us back from a game)

to

turnovers (he fumbles all the time, we can't have a qb who does that)

to

taking shots downfield (he doesn't take enough risks, if you turn the ball over, so what)

to

having the perfect team carry you (oh look at the bastion of nfl success that is oakland, how lucky can one guy get)

to

etc.

i won't go on because it is just absurd. i don't think anyone on here has said he was more than an average qb. maybe someone has said he's slightly above average, but that pales in comparison to the amount of people who say he's the bottom of the barrell/bottom 5 qb in the league.

Campbell was let go prematurely in my opinion, but I understand why. He would have been nothing but a distraction and he obviously didn't have the faith of the coaching staff. I would have loved to have seen what Campbell can do with some protection and a functioning running game, because typically, when he had those things, he looked pretty darn well.

I think he would've done everything the Shannahan's asked of McNabb, which would have given him an advantage over McNabb last year

Deep ball was awful and his incompletion-fest in the fourth quarter almost cost them the game. Not to mention his deep ball's always drag the WR's out of bounds.

he won ...

HE WON ...

Jason Campbell won ...

He's the QB

so ...HE WON THE GAME.

THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS, THE QB WON THE GAME

;)

campbell haters are a breed unto themselves ... :ols:

he won ...

HE WON ...

Jason Campbell won ...

He's the QB

so ...HE WON THE GAME.

THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS, THE QB WON THE GAME

;)

campbell haters are a breed unto themselves ... :ols:

That's not enough. Must. Obsess.

Seems like Grossman has regressed every game since Week 1. I'd love for him to have Campbells arm. At least he's capable of making every throw.

Grossman has more skill than Candle. Grossman hasn't been performing as well as Campbell...yet. That's the nuance.

and what are these skills that you're talking about?

it certainly isn't anything below the neck, and to be honest grossman isn't exactly the surgeon people made him out to be before the season.

in case you haven't noticed he tends to make very bad decisions at very bad times.

and what are these skills that you're talking about?

it certainly isn't anything below the neck, and to be honest grossman isn't exactly the surgeon people made him out to be before the season.

in case you haven't noticed he tends to make very bad decisions at very bad times.

You are referring to his mental skills, a classic cookie cutter response. But Candle never was that cerebral either, especially on his rollouts, as he somehow didn't realize he was going near the out of bounds marker a couple times and then he suddenly realizes it. Also, he had an intentional grounding earlier this season even with room to move out of the tackle box and then throw it. Candle wins, but not by as much as you think.

Physically, even with Grossman's tendency to throw ducks while at it, Grossman throws a catchable deep ball(it doesn't take much to make one catchable, and almost every QB is better than Campbell at this), knows how to throw timing patterns, and can snipe it on intermdiate and short routes.

That WIDE OPEN long ball on the 1st-quarter flea-ficker that Candle overthrew by 10 yards was so typical of JC. It's unforgiveable for him to miss that throw at this stage in his career. Absolutely no touch.

Thank God he's gone from DC. And lucky for the Raiders they have an all-world running game and an inhuman kicker.

The best I can say about Candle is that he probably would have been better for us last year than McPuke.

Archived