Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason "Teflon don Campbell

Shanny&Danny

they were eyeing vince young too. and campbell isnt out for the year yet, they changed his status to 6 weeks, and with the raiders bye thats 5 games? even a meh QB like vince young can go 3-2 with that run game and defense in that time, and then have campbell come back and play.

the point is the raiders wanted more for their QB position and were willing to trade the farm to get a real QB. had campbell been in their long term plans this trade would never have been made.

vince young was there backup plan if palmer fell through.

your mind is just so set on hating campbell that you're making stuff up though.

if campbell didn't matter, then they don't sign anyone. they let kyle boller hand the ball off all game long.

but campbell does matter and they had to go out and give up the future for a guy to come in and play instead of boller.

you are obviously delusional, which is funny because you would figure all you crazy people think alike and you could understand the raiders.

riddle me this BLC:

if the raiders needed a real QB why didn't they make this deal until their starting QB went down?

the point is they didnt value him as a starter at all. if they had, theyd have gone with a stop gap QB for these next 6-7 games or even for the season.

There is absolutely NO way you can know that.

As a team in contention for the playoffs this year, on the heels of their long time owner dying, its safe to assume they are desperate for the playoffs. The fact of the matter is, without this injury, they would not have traded for Palmer.

Only after Campbell was injured and their playoff chances diminished, did they swing for the fences.

Now, the price they paid indicates that they are hope to get multiple starting years out of Palmers, so in turn, they probably won't resign Campbell, but this move was prompted by Campbell's injury, not his performance.

The end result is Campbell is out of the picture, but not for the reasons you wish.

considering all they do is run the ball and throws dump offs and screens they didnt need anyone that good (yes boller is that bad lol).

180 passes (same as us), 190 rushes.

6.8 ypa - good for 13th in the league (Better than the Stafford/Megatron Lions)

The only important thing to look at here is trading for Palmer means the Raiders don't resign Campbell as a starter in 2012.

I think that depends on how well Palmer does and if he isn't injured.

If the Raiders had the lack of faith in JC some people on this board think they have, then JC wouldn't have been starting this year. They would have already traded for another quarterback. I know the Raiders run game is more effective than Jason' quarterback skills, but with JC the Raiders swept their division last year and went 8-8, the best record in 8 years. This is a panic move to save what appears to be a very promising season. What it shows is a complete lack of faith in Boller

Romo sits to pee was out for the season last year after week 7 and he brought his collarbone on the his NON- throwing shoulder. For JC to return in 6 weeks would be a very optimistic timeline.

I think that depends on how well Palmer does and if he isn't injured.

He's taking a physical right now. Of course he can get reinjured, but it's pretty dumb to give up a 1st round pick + pay a player $7 MM + for 10 games.

They don't make this trade to test him out. They make this trade for a 3 year run.

He's taking a physical right now. Of course he can get reinjured, but it's pretty dumb to give up a 1st round pick + pay a player $7 MM + for 10 games.

They don't make this trade to test him out. They make this trade for a 3 year run.

would you really be surprised if the raiders cut him after this year if they miss the playoffs and run the option with pryor/heyward-bey/dmac and all the other speed guys they have?

nothing surprises me about what that team does, well besides winning.

vince young was there backup plan if palmer fell through.

your mind is just so set on hating campbell that you're making stuff up though.

if campbell didn't matter, then they don't sign anyone. they let kyle boller hand the ball off all game long.

but campbell does matter and they had to go out and give up the future for a guy to come in and play instead of boller.

you are obviously delusional, which is funny because you would figure all you crazy people think alike and you could understand the raiders.

riddle me this BLC:

if the raiders needed a real QB why didn't they make this deal until their starting QB went down?

if campbell mattered (and by mattered i mean in their long term plan as a growing team) they wouldnt have traded for palmer.

there had been no talks of campbell being resigned due to him becoming a FA after this season. hes been a meh QB in oakland, and all he does is lean on his ground game, which is all he did here.

there was no deal to make before now. palmer has been 100% not available until this morning. who else were they gonna get? campbell was meh enough to run that offense and not screw up. cause thats all he can do, play not to lose and hope the ground game and D take over. its all hes ever done.

I agree. I'll back up to say I have no doubt Jason will not be resigned next year as the starter regardless of how Palmer plays. The only reason would be a CP injury.

It's disheartening. Anyone who had watched the Raiders this year could see this was Jason's team.

180 passes (same as us), 190 rushes.

6.8 ypa - good for 13th in the league (Better than the Stafford/Megatron Lions)

campbell had 165 attempts, which is 23rd in the league

he was 18th in QB rating

22nd in TD passes

195 yards a game, good for 28th in the NFL

hes the most meh QB ever. the raiders clearly wanted an upgrade, and his injury just accelerated the need.

if campbell mattered (and by mattered i mean in their long term plan as a growing team) they wouldnt have traded for palmer.

there had been no talks of campbell being resigned due to him becoming a FA after this season. hes been a meh QB in oakland, and all he does is lean on his ground game, which is all he did here.

there was no deal to make before now. palmer has been 100% not available until this morning. who else were they gonna get? campbell was meh enough to run that offense and not screw up. cause thats all he can do, play not to lose and hope the ground game and D take over. its all hes ever done.

if al davis called cincy because he was so desperate for a qb because he hated JC that much at the beginning of the season and offered 2 first round picks, palmer wouldn't have been available?

listen BLC, there is no logic in what you're saying. JC is playing like a middle of the pack QB (and a lot better than the one we have here) and has his team off to their best record since 2002 or something ridiculous like that. i don't think he's lost a division game since he's been there and they were in contention for the playoffs.

now you want to tell me why they let gradkowski go and made no attempt to bring in any competition for JC?

you can hate campbell as much as you want, but he was doing well and winning in oakland.

if they "wanted a passing game" as you put it, they would have signed someone else.

if they "just hand the ball off and play defense" they would have let boller start.

keep living in your delusional little world man.

the raiders clearly wanted an upgrade, and his injury just accelerated the need.

And you know this because????? Give me one concrete proof of evidence that the Raiders were already wanting/looking for an upgrade. You don't have even one remark by a coach, a GM or in the media to back this statement up. Not even a twitter that the Raiders this year had inquired about another quarterback.

if al davis called cincy because he was so desperate for a qb because he hated JC that much at the beginning of the season and offered 2 first round picks, palmer wouldn't have been available?

listen BLC, there is no logic in what you're saying. JC is playing like a middle of the pack QB (and a lot better than the one we have here) and has his team off to their best record since 2002 or something ridiculous like that. i don't think he's lost a division game since he's been there and they were in contention for the playoffs.

now you want to tell me why they let gradkowski go and made no attempt to bring in any competition for JC?

you can hate campbell as much as you want, but he was doing well and winning in oakland.

if they "wanted a passing game" as you put it, they would have signed someone else.

if they "just hand the ball off and play defense" they would have let boller start.

palmer hasnt been available. you call me delusional then claim palmer has been available? how many reports of "hes retired" do you need to read before you believe that? then all the sudden, 5 hours before trade deadline he becomes available, and the raiders trade 2 1sts.

again, if they cared about keeping campbell, this move wouldnt have been made. theyd have said "jason is our guy and we're gonna gut it out until he comes back because we value him". clearly that aint the case, and they didnt value him and just cut bait with him. think of any good QB in the league, when they get injured mid season does their team go out and trade the farm for another QB? no, they let they find a decent solution to get them though. they dont just sell the entire farm to get someone else.

call me delusional all you want, billion dollars says the raiders coaching staff is sick of seeing all their receivers go to waste with campbell throwing the ball. i already posted his numbers, theyre all bottom of the QB pack (as usual) for full time starters and he wasnt improving. this was their chance to get a legit QB and they went and got one.

and again, boller is terrible. hes another turnover monster couldnt even complete effective screens or checkdowns lol.

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 12:04 PM ----------

And you know this because????? Give me one concrete proof of evidence that the Raiders were already wanting/looking for an upgrade. You don't have even one remark by a coach, a GM or in the media to back this statement up. Not even a twitter that the Raiders this year had inquired about another quarterback.

2 first rounders for a QB isnt proof enough?

what more do you want? a written statement from the raiders saying "we needed/wanted a better quarterback"? lol

this is a funny argument. i mean its difficult to even tell what you guys are arguing about. is it whether campbell is a good qb? is it whether the oakland's management has faith in him?

i dont think campbell is a good qb, but he was a good fit for the raiders system and could have taken them to the playoffs. however, its quite obvious that oakland management is not too high on him. they are in desperation mode. if campbell really is the answer for the raiders, then why not wait a season, use that first rounder on an impact player, and make it happen next year?

im just going to come out and say it. the trade speaks volumes imo about JC and also hints that those who dont like his style are correct for thinking that way. he isnt the answer, and never was the answer. teams will always be looking for an upgrade to JC because there is so much he cant do.

This is almost funny. BLC, they did not trade for Palmer because JC couldn't preform, they were desperate because it's been 9 seasons since they have been in some real playoff talk. I bet they were going to re-sign Jason after the season ended. Just because he's not putting up Brady or Rodgers type numbers, doesn't mean he was performing well. Hell they even went after Garrad, and Luke McKown just so they could not start Boller for a long time. Someone pointed it out, but Lechler had a passing TD on a fake punt. This is not a performance issue, this is a injury issue, and want to make the playoffs. They even have a real shot to win the division this year. It actually sucks for Jason, because he found a home finally.

This is almost funny. BLC, they did not trade for Palmer because JC couldn't preform, they were desperate because it's been 9 seasons since they have been in some real playoff talk. I bet they were going to re-sign Jason after the season ended. Just because he's not putting up Brady or Rodgers type numbers, doesn't mean he was performing well. Hell they even went after Garrad, and Luke McKown just so they could not start Boller for a long time. Someone pointed it out, but Lechler had a passing TD on a fake punt. This is not a performance issue, this is a injury issue, and want to make the playoffs. They even have a real shot to win the division this year. It actually sucks for Jason, because he found a home finally.

teams do not cut bait with guys because they brake their collarbone and need 6 games to recover.

what team that is content with a position trades 2 1st rounders for a guy at the same position, because the starter needed a 6 week recovery time? Romo sits to pee gets **** on a lot, did the cowboys go out and trade 2 1st rounders for a QB when he went out last year (same injury if i recall)? teams dont do that.

long story short: raiders saw an opportunity to get a much better QB on to their team and they took it. had they cared about keeping campbell at all theyd have gotten a stop gap and resigned campbell long term. this isnt what happened.

palmer hasnt been available. you call me delusional then claim palmer has been available? how many reports of "hes retired" do you need to read before you believe that? then all the sudden, 5 hours before trade deadline he becomes available, and the raiders trade 2 1sts.

again, if they cared about keeping campbell, this move wouldnt have been made. theyd have said "jason is our guy and we're gonna gut it out until he comes back because we value him". clearly that aint the case, and they didnt value him and just cut bait with him. think of any good QB in the league, when they get injured mid season does their team go out and trade the farm for another QB? no, they let they find a decent solution to get them though. they dont just sell the entire farm to get someone else.

call me delusional all you want, billion dollars says the raiders coaching staff is sick of seeing all their receivers go to waste with campbell throwing the ball. i already posted his numbers, theyre all bottom of the QB pack (as usual) for full time starters and he wasnt improving. this was their chance to get a legit QB and they went and got one.

and again, boller is terrible. hes another turnover monster couldnt even complete effective screens or checkdowns lol.

so if darren mcfadden went down and they traded for chris johnson, then they hate darren mcfadden and anyone can do his job?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas;8620174

2 first rounders for a QB isnt proof enough?

what more do you want? a written statement from the raiders saying "we needed/wanted a better quarterback"? lol

Good God, man. You are serious? The raiders never made one move for another quarterback until AFTER JC's injury. Do you really think the Raiders would have given anything for Palmer if JC had not been injured. You are trying to say that trading for Palmer AFTER JC's injury shows they were wanting Palmer or another quarterback before JC's injury. That's simply not the case and you have nothing to back that up. You are absolutely 100% wrong in the way you are trying to twist the timeline of the Raiders hunt for another quarterback, although I'm sure you will never admit it.

this is a funny argument. i mean its difficult to even tell what you guys are arguing about. is it whether campbell is a good qb? is it whether the oakland's management has faith in him?

i dont think campbell is a good qb, but he was a good fit for the raiders system and could have taken them to the playoffs. however, its quite obvious that oakland management is not too high on him. they are in desperation mode. if campbell really is the answer for the raiders, then why not wait a season, use that first rounder on an impact player, and make it happen next year?

im just going to come out and say it. the trade speaks volumes imo about JC and also hints that those who dont like his style are correct for thinking that way. he isnt the answer, and never was the answer. teams will always be looking for an upgrade to JC because there is so much he cant do.

hey look, reality!

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 12:15 PM ----------

so if darren mcfadden went down and they traded for chris johnson, then they hate darren mcfadden and anyone can do his job?

i cant even respond to that because it doesnt even make sense lol.

It is humorous how when Campbell was here it was a team effort and not his fault that we played so poorly. Now, that the Raiders have success, it is because Campbell led them there? Never mind the best running back/line in the league is on the field with him to take the pressure off of him and he still is not capable of consistently making big plays with his arm, he has led them there. We should be better than that around here.

Al Davis had a weird infatuation with Campbell. He publicly stated that he believed Jason was the second coming of Jim Plunkett. Everyone who has paid any attention to the NFL over the last three decades knows that once Al Davis makes up his mind on something, regardless of how insane it is, he will stick to it. Now that he is gone, they have no one to stand in the way of rational decision making. Al has only been gone a little over a week, and this injury has set up what must have been in discussion between the coaching staff and some of the other members of the front office. All the decision for this team were Al Davis's and his alone up into ten days ago. That's why all of the "Why did they let so-and-so go, why didn't they bring in this guy before" questions go completely out the window.

Good God, man. You are serious? The raiders never made one move for another quarterback until AFTER JC's injury. Do you really think the Raiders would have given anything for Palmer if JC had not been injured. You are trying to say that trading for Palmer AFTER JC's injury shows they were wanting Palmer or another quarterback before JC's injury. That's simply not the case and you have nothing to back that up. You are absolutely 100% wrong in the way you are trying to twist the timeline of the Raiders hunt for another quarterback, although I'm sure you will never admit it.

so the raiders were very happy with campbell, and hes projected to be out 6 weeks, so they trade 2 1st rounders for a completely different quarterback (thats a major upgrade)?

again, and nobody is refuting this: if they were happy with campbell in this offense, this trade never gets made. ever. not in a million years.

raiders saw opportunity for a major upgrade, and jumped on it.

teams do not cut bait with guys because they brake their collarbone and need 6 games to recover.

what team that is content with a position trades 2 1st rounders for a guy at the same position, because the starter needed a 6 week recovery time? Romo sits to pee gets **** on a lot, did the cowboys go out and trade 2 1st rounders for a QB when he went out last year (same injury if i recall)? teams dont do that.

long story short: raiders saw an opportunity to get a much better QB on to their team and they took it. had they cared about keeping campbell at all theyd have gotten a stop gap and resigned campbell long term. this isnt what happened.

it's the ****ing raiders!

i mean you act like this is the patriots front office making a statement by using 2 first round picks.

they tried to get garrard (a stopgap just like you said they would if they liked campbell) but he was injured and couldn't play.

the raiders use draft picks worse than any team in the NFL and now you want to pretend that someone giving up two first rounders says something more than they were desperate after their starter went down?

and you want to brag about their receivers who everyone has made fun of since they took DHB in the first round as some sort of asset?

you have no logical though in this, otherwise you would say what thetris said, which is campbell probably won't be resigned because of this move.

that's a logical conclusion based on what is going on.

an illogical conclusion is that the raiders have hated campbell all along and yet for some reason kept him around until he got hurt and used it as their cover for finally getting the qb they always wanted.

it's the ****ing raiders!

i mean you act like this is the patriots front office making a statement by using 2 first round picks.

they tried to get garrard (a stopgap just like you said they would if they liked campbell) but he was injured and couldn't play.

the raiders use draft picks worse than any team in the NFL and now you want to pretend that someone giving up two first rounders says something more than they were desperate after their starter went down?

and you want to brag about their receivers who everyone has made fun of since they took DHB in the first round as some sort of asset?

you have no logical though in this, otherwise you would say what thetris said, which is campbell probably won't be resigned because of this move.

that's a logical conclusion based on what is going on.

an illogical conclusion is that the raiders have hated campbell all along and yet for some reason kept him around until he got hurt and used it as their cover for finally getting the qb they always wanted.

ah, so now instead of looking at the reality that Al Davis was probably the only one in campbells corner, and now hes dead, and campbell is essentially gone as their starter 2 weeks after his death, the response is:

BUT ITS THE RAIDERS!

btw, do you know happy their fanbase must be about this? my coworker is flipping out in excitement that campbell is gone and palmer is in there.

Al Davis had a weird infatuation with Campbell. He publicly stated that he believed Jason was the second coming of Jim Plunkett. Everyone who has paid any attention to the NFL over the last three decades knows that once Al Davis makes up his mind on something, regardless of how insane it is, he will stick to it. Now that he is gone, they have no one to stand in the way of rational decision making. Al has only been gone a little over a week, and this injury has set up what must have been in discussion between the coaching staff and some of the other members of the front office. All the decision for this team were Al Davis's and his alone up into ten days ago. That's why all of the "Why did they let so-and-so go, why didn't they bring in this guy before" questions go completely out the window.

as much as i dislike campbell, it wasnt an insane al davis idea. it was a great trade for the raiders (and i thought so when the trade occured). they had just gone threw a stint with quite possibly the worst qb ever in jamarcus, and badly needed an upgrade. there was a good chance that campbell would outperform gradkowski and start until they found a better option at qb. that is well worth a 4th round pick and a manageable contract.

and it's a move that was miles better than the one they made today.

so the raiders were very happy with campbell, and hes projected to be out 6 weeks, so they trade 2 1st rounders for a completely different quarterback (thats a major upgrade)?

again, and nobody is refuting this: if they were happy with campbell in this offense, this trade never gets made. ever. not in a million years.

raiders saw opportunity for a major upgrade, and jumped on it.

Google Campbell out 6 weeks and see what you find. Every quote is from Campbell saying he is hoping to be back in 6 weeks. Not the Raiders organization or a team doctor saying JC will be back in 6 weeks. There was no guarantee that JC would be out only 6 weeks. No way a team in contention for the play-offs can take a wait and see approach.

cant imagine hes gonna start on a team next year. maybe one of the QB hungry teams will take a shot. but thats another system, another coaching staff. he'll need at least 3 years to show them he can do it!

My gut says he'll be a FA pickup for one of the teams that drafts a 1st round QB. He'll simply be a placeholder until the teams bye week, or their season is lost, or whatever. Probably Miami.

Archived