Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Google+

MattFancy

Unless I'm just not seeing it, I am a little disappointed there is no built in messaging system.

This may be a roundabout way, but if you want to post something to only 1 persons wall, simply delete whatever "circle" the message will be sent to, and type in the person's name.

Should work :)

This may be a roundabout way, but if you want to post something to only 1 persons wall, simply delete whatever "circle" the message will be sent to, and type in the person's name.

Should work :)

I've done this, it's making a post only they can see, I figured this was the part of the design. Even better it's cool to just make a post that only a few friends can see and post on.

what spam is there on facebook? i guess none of my friends do any of that bull****. i like facebook alot lol

There's TONS of spam.

So and so answered a question about you...click here to see what they said.

Farmville/Mafia Wars/etc invites

Stupid group invites

Another thing I hate about Facebook was the combining of chat transcripts and private messages. It just got jumbled and confusing.

Google+ is doing it right, and once more and more people start signing up for it Facebook will be dead.

Is Google+ only for phones or is there an internet app?

Where can I take a look at it? I haven't been able to find anything.

Android has an app for it. iPhone's Google+ app is going through approval from what I hear. I'll be using Google+ more than FB once the app is approved.

I think the iPhone app is actually available in the iTunes store today, but it was buggy and crashing. They've already updated the app, which supposedly helped. Here's the link for that. I haven't checked it out yet.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/google/id447119634?ls=1&mt=8#

Also, a link from one of my favorite websites with a couple of Google+ "cheat sheets":

http://www.howtogeek.com/news/use-your-google-account-like-a-pro-with-these-two-awesome-cheat-sheets/5726/

There's TONS of spam.

So and so answered a question about you...click here to see what they said.

Farmville/Mafia Wars/etc invites

Stupid group invites

Another thing I hate about Facebook was the combining of chat transcripts and private messages. It just got jumbled and confusing.

Google+ is doing it right, and once more and more people start signing up for it Facebook will be dead.

Facebook is going nowhere anytime soon. Just like all the sites that supposedly could challenge Youtube which has made unnecessary changes. I miss Youtube when it was just Youtube, not Google's Youtube.

Facebook went the way of MySpace. Not quite THAT bad but the unnecessary new features, fixing what isn't broken and the stupid apps and games.

Facebook is no where close to Myspace... are you kidding? Facebook is constantly staying ahead of the game *because* of their new features. People hate change, but most of the time Facebook has made the correct decisions with their updates. The apps are annoying, but they can be easily blocked. Myspace NEVER changed or created better features for their users, which was their problem. Facebook has made social media simple, which is why so many people have profiles.

I'm still not sure what impact Google+ will have or if I want to get into it right now (even though I have a profile with my gmail account). Doesn't really interest me too much at this point.

I deleted my facebook about a week ago. I love using twitter, but I don't know if I'll sign up for Google+. I feel like Facebook started to go downhill once they opened its site up to the public without needing a college email address or an invite.

I deleted my facebook about a week ago. I love using twitter, but I don't know if I'll sign up for Google+. I feel like Facebook started to go downhill once they opened its site up to the public without needing a college email address or an invite.

Then Google+ is definitely for you!

---------- Post added July-20th-2011 at 08:03 AM ----------

we should start a google+ extremeskins group.

That would be interesting. Could do gameday chats in there...

I'm feeling that Google+ won't reach the height that Facebook has to this point. I feel like facebook has been dominant for long enough that a large amount of people are not going to want to have to start over with all the friends and pictures and videos they've uploaded to this point. Google+ replacing facebook isn't going to happen. However, i feel as though google can go after a more specified market, such as the older working population (who emails more than college kids, teenagers), than everyone. The company itself has enough name recognition and money already to not necessitate such catering to the younger population.

Anyone who expected facebook to stay just the college website email invite site it was in the past was dreaming. As soon as something like that takes off you open it up to the most amount of people possible, and get the most amount of hits, to get the most amount of money. If I was the owner or creator of facebook, i wouldn't have stopped and just accepted less money.

Archived