Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Google+

MattFancy

I thought I sent one out to you last night

Got mine and signed up, THANK YOU

In turn, I will hand out as many invites as I can. PM with your email if you want one, I'll try and get as many as I can out

Yeah Slacky was telling me the same thing last night. Hopefully they'll let you guys in soon. This thing has so much potential, its awesome. The video hangouts are amazing. You can use that for so many different things. Imagine having an ES group video chat during a game!

Just got in Matt!! Thanks a ton for the extra effort for us! If there is ever anything I can do to repay the favor, just ask!

I gotta confess, I think Google did it right this time. Given as tightly as my life is already integrated with Google, as long as people pretty much move over en masse, I have a hard time believing that it won't pretty much take over facebook for me. Just so much easier being able to segment everything.

I gotta confess, I think Google did it right this time. Given as tightly as my life is already integrated with Google, as long as people pretty much move over en masse, I have a hard time believing that it won't pretty much take over facebook for me. Just so much easier being able to segment everything.

Gotta agree there. It sure looks like it has great potential.

Im going to try and put the app on my xoom later tonight too, the front and back camera will make a great "hangout" experience!

I'm on this. Not a big difference than Facebook. Kind of boring right now, with few people on there.

Yeah I was telling my friend the same thing, it's boring right now with so few users, it makes it hard to tell exactly what how to use the features that are available. I'm hoping they start allowing more and more people soon so we can get it filled out a little bit.

I'll leave the fresh takes, ingenuity and originality to the pros. Like Google+.

I haven't seen anyone claim that Google invented social networking and that this is a brand new idea. They do, however, have some new ideas that they've implemented into a proven system that MySpace and Facebook paved the way for. Not sure why progress is such a horrible thing, or should we just turn the keys to social networking over to Facebook and be done with it? This is competition, which raises the bar for everyone, it will keep Facebook from getting stale (think EA sports), and give people another option.

What's to complain about? You could always just not bother reading this thread, as it clearly doesn't apply to you, and not sign up for Google+, as you clearly don't want it, and then continue through life unimpacted.

Or complain, whatever makes you happier.

So what do you guys think so far?

I can see it's potential but it's kind of boring until more people get on there.

I wish this could be some sort of Google/Facebook joint venture because it's going to be really annoying to have to friend everyone all over again and have the inevitable 10-20% of users delete their Facebook so then you have some friends on one network and some on the other.

Matt, how did you find the invites? I wanna get people on here too! And where is this "hangout" feature located? I'm primarily using the Android app and it's supposed to do everything!

Both are on the right hand side of the Stream page

---------- Post added July-8th-2011 at 04:08 PM ----------

I can see it's potential but it's kind of boring until more people get on there.

I wish this could be some sort of Google/Facebook joint venture because it's going to be really annoying to have to friend everyone all over again and have the inevitable 10-20% of users delete their Facebook so then you have some friends on one network and some on the other.

Yeah once more people get on it will be better. There is definitely a ton of potential.

Archived