Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per SI: Gay softball league can limit straight players

Popeman38

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/wires/06/02/2080.ap.sof.gay.softball.1st.ld.writethru.0621/

gay softball organization can keep its rule limiting the number of heterosexual players on each team, but allegations by three players who say they were disqualified from a tournament because they weren't gay enough can proceed to trial, a federal judge said.

The North American Gay Amateur Athletic Alliance oversees gay softball leagues in dozens of U.S. cities and runs an annual tournament called the Gay Softball World Series. Three men claim in a lawsuit filed last year that their team's second-place finish in the 2008 tournament in Washington state was nullified because they are bisexual, not gay, and thus their team exceeded the limit of two non-gay players.

U.S. District Judge John Coughenour ruled Tuesday that the organization has a First Amendment right to limit the number of heterosexual players

but allegations by three players who say they were disqualified from a tournament because they weren't gay enough can proceed to trial, a federal judge said.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

wait, is this serious?

I'm enjoying the idea of two guys filing a federal lawsuit, claiming that they were harmed because somebody said that they weren't gay.

I'm going to try to be optimistic, and say that this is progress.

ahhh, I didnt realize the kickball league you joined was for gays :paranoid:

seriously Toaster. this is my league check it out happyhourkickball.com

You will meet so many women there lol. let me know if you wanna play with us in the fall or next summer. 3 parties throughout the season, all you can drink for free! 14 week regular season. and NCAA style playoff day

but allegations by three players who say they were disqualified from a tournament because they weren't gay enough can proceed to trial, a federal judge said.

So, how does a softball league go about determining your level of gayness ?

seriously Toaster. this is my league check it out happyhourkickball.com

You will meet so many women there lol. let me know if you wanna play with us in the fall or next summer. 3 parties throughout the season, all you can drink for free! 14 week regular season. and NCAA style playoff day

actually i think my boy plays in ya'lls league

Not sure why straights would want in on that action in the first place :/

Probably because they are scrubs, lacking in talent, who couldn't make the team on a regular adult softball league, and figured they had a better chance at a gay league, so being denied twice probably hurts quite a bit.

Archived