Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Westboro Baptist Church “Thanks God” for Joplin Tornado Victims & plans protest.

'Skins_&_'Stons

];8320606']Serious question- how come nobody has ever attacked the protestors? I know what they're doing is legal and all' date=' but considering the sensitivity of the situations they place themselves, it is a little surprising that not even one person has thrown a heavy object at them.[/quote']

I could be wrong but I think that there is normally some sort of police presence during their protests.

];8320606']Serious question- how come nobody has ever attacked the protestors? I know what they're doing is legal and all' date=' but considering the sensitivity of the situations they place themselves, it is a little surprising that not even one person has thrown a heavy object at them.[/quote']

My question also. I think they choose their protests on who they think they can make the most money on for some sort of assault claim without getting taken out.

];8320606']Serious question- how come nobody has ever attacked the protestors? I know what they're doing is legal and all' date=' but considering the sensitivity of the situations they place themselves, it is a little surprising that [b']not even one person has thrown a heavy object at them[/b].

.....like South Dakota

There need to be some exceptions for exceptional circumstances that would allow the whole group to be punished severely, like being tied to a pillar and forced to listen to Vogon poetry, something fitting.

The question I have is how can you warp reality so badly that you celebrate each tragedy and have no love or mercy for the suffering. On a spiritual level, it's so completely the opposite of what I have been taught and believe. Has no one in their Church ever gotten cancer or been in an auto accident? Have they completely lost the capacity to have empathy... or even be human?

It just boggles the mind how hate can so warp not only a mind, but a community. I guess it shouldn't be this hard to believe, after all, we see it all over the place as humans find reasons to hate and destroy each other, but this is a special kind of sickness. Doesn't anyone have the authority to disband this church... to unsanction it? Isn't there a governing body that can say... you can call yourself a church, but you are not affiliated with _____________. I would think if I were a Christian, Methodist, Catholic, or anyone who believes in Jesus Christ I would want these people excommunicated from my faith.

The question I have is how can you warp reality so badly that you celebrate each tragedy and have no love or mercy for the suffering. On a spiritual level, it's so completely the opposite of what I have been taught and believe. Has no one in their Church ever gotten cancer or been in an auto accident? Have they completely lost the capacity to have empathy... or even be human?

It just boggles the mind how hate can so warp not only a mind, but a community. I guess it shouldn't be this hard to believe, after all, we see it all over the place as humans find reasons to hate and destroy each other, but this is a special kind of sickness. Doesn't anyone have the authority to disband this church... to unsanction it? Isn't there a governing body that can say... you can call yourself a church, but you are not affiliated with _____________. I would think if I were a Christian, Methodist, Catholic, or anyone who believes in Jesus Christ I would want these people excommunicated from my faith.

I hear Bapitists lack a central body to give these sorts of folks the boot

These folks in the end are no different than others who use the religous texts to justify their hate

Mississippi town figures out simple, effective way to stop Westboro Baptist Church funeral protest

Brandon, Mississippi will go down in history as the town where the Westboro Baptist Church met its match.

The lunatics showed up to protest at the funeral of local hero Staff Sgt Jason Rogers who was killed in Afghanistan, but left town without making a peep. They may have made a few moans and groans, but no peeps.

Westboro Baptist is really more of an asylum than a church

The Hayride has the righteous report:

A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened...

Continued at link...

Hate is a word my mom taught me to never use. And to this day I rarely do. But I truly, deeply, with every ounce of my soul, hate these mother ****ers.

Absolutely. I just hope when one of the founding members dies, hopefully in a very painful manner, an enormous crowd gathers in celebration. I have to believe someone is tracking them to do such a thing. Hate begets hate and I do believe in forgiveness, but these are special circumstances. These people are utter vile scum.

The sport of Extreme Fundraising. They hope to get it into the Olympics.

They should be ignored by the media and everyone else. They thrive on the negative attention, just like children who don't get enough attention from their parents so they act out in an extreme way to get any kind of attention. Also, no media attention, no new recruits who give the Phelps their life's fortune. They are nothing but a cult.

Would it be wrong if I wanted to get them all together at a undisclosed location for a false funeral, and then send a Tomahawk coming towards em? I remember these fools came around Ft. Meade for a protest about a month ago, and a lot of people around there including the Hell's Angels lined up against em.

Would it be wrong if I wanted to get them all together at a undisclosed location for a false funeral, and then send a Tomahawk coming towards em? I remember these fools came around Ft. Meade for a protest about a month ago, and a lot of people around there including the Hell's Angels lined up against em.

As sweet as that would be, you'd only make the martyrs in their eyes.

Hypothetical - if you knew you were not going to get sued or arrested and the only Westboro freaks that showed up were the adult females, would you or could you punch one of them in the face?

Hell, with no fear or repurcussion, i'd kick the teeth out of every one of their kids, too.

They're nothing more than diseased animals in my mind.

~Bang

Damn Bang, I don't think I could punch one of the children, I'm pretty sure I could give the females a beating.

A rabid animal is a rabid animal, my man. Putting them down would not offend my sensibilities.

~Bang

I wish we'd stop paying attention to these freaks. Who gives a **** what these clowns have to say?

Want a controversial opinion? Give me a mic and a camera I could get one for you in less than 5 minutes. Not sure what it would prove.

Archived