• Under 40 - Sofia Vergera
    • Under 40 - Jeisa Chiminazzo
    • Over 40 - Catherine Zeta-Jones
    • Over 40 - Naomi Watts
    • Olympic - Romy Tarangul
    • Olympic - Alona Bondarenko
    • Reality Star - Katherine McPhee
    • Reality Star - Mallory Snyder

Athletes can be forgiven ANYTHING as long as they are good and they win.

People will love LeBron again once he matures and wins a few rings.

Remember how much people hated Kobe Bryant about 7 years ago?

Yes because I still hate him... just not as much as I hate Lebron. :)

This video right here could tell us a lot about what type of person Lebron is:

He tells his mom to sit her butt down, which is not cool at all. However, he then daps up Paul Pierce and shows some maturity. To me Lebron gets it, but he doesn't get it.

I think he is a student of the game, but he refuses to do the things that great players have done in the past; which is get better year after year. Off the court he seems to be even worst at growing up. The comments he made last night proves that he hasn't fully grasped the concept of being humble. After losing the Finals, you shouldn't even be worried about "haters", you should be focusing on you, your teammates, and the other team. :2cents:

---------- Post added June-13th-2011 at 02:53 PM ----------

[/color]

Project for anyone who wants to figure it out? A list of predictions from ESPN and the national media of people who picked Miami versus people who picked Dallas? Any takers?

I remember the ESPN Countdown crew (Magic, Wilbon, etc) applauding Jon Barry because he was the lone one to predict Dallas winning in 6

I don't watch much basketball any more and didn't see LeBron until the finals this year, but to me the problem is he's a player that likes to drive, but against a team that's committed to stopping it and refs that will call offensive fouls (which they did a pretty good job of in the finals), he's not good enough to do that on a regular basis.

He's quick, but he's quick for a man his size. He doesn't have the ability to beat his man at the perimeter, and then weave through the help defenders like smaller players.

Maybe he was just playing slow this series, but that's the way I saw it.

This video right here could tell us a lot about what type of person Lebron is:

He tells his mom to sit her butt down, which is not cool at all. However, he then daps up Paul Pierce and shows some maturity. To me Lebron gets it, but he doesn't get it.

I think he is a student of the game, but he refuses to do the things that great players have done in the past; which is get better year after year. Off the court he seems to be even worst at growing up. The comments he made last night proves that he hasn't fully grasped the concept of being humble. After losing the Finals, you shouldn't even be worried about "haters", you should be focusing on you, your teammates, and the other team. :2cents:

This is the one aspect of Lebron's life that I actually feel sorry for him....Gloria James is a HORRIBLE mother and role model. Easier said than done, but he should cut her off financially until she gets herself together. She's an embarassment and no son should have to babysit his mother due to HER immaturity. Son raising the mom.....She needed to be put in place in that situation w. the Cs.

This is the one aspect of Lebron's life that I actually feel sorry for him....Gloria James is a HORRIBLE mother and role model. Easier said than done, but he should cut her off financially until she gets herself together. She's an embarassment and no son should have to babysit his mother due to HER immaturity. Son raising the mom.....She needed to be put in place in that situation w. the Cs.

His mom should be placed in jail and kept there

I somehow think I am on KB's side on this one. I have a few more posts to read though.

Hate is embraced, ignored, or overcome.

You guys don't remember the hate that Jordan got ? Bird ? Rodman, etc ???

Please.

I don't remember Jordan or Bird being particularly hated. Jordan was feared and treated with awed respect. Bird was white, and that helps.

I don't remember Jordan or Bird being particularly hated. Jordan was feared and treated with awed respect. Bird was white' date=' and that helps.[/quote']

Both were hated.

Respected indeed. But hated.

Bird overrated.

Jordan a selfish player.

Both ego maniacs.

Both with difficult personality flaws.

Loved by their cities... respected, but hated by most others.

And that's the thing...Lebron is NOT respected. All of those guys like Jordan, Bird, even Kobe....as much as people didn't like them, respect was given. They are all uber-competitive and played the game the right way (sorry about speaking in past-tense about Kobe). You'd NEVER see an opponent wear a shirt saying "Hey Lebron...How does my Dirk taste?" or anything along those lines. It all goes back to respect, which for all his talent, is something Lebron does not have.

Too many of y'all hate on Lebron... it really is sickening and pathetic to say the least. I wanted to see Wade get another ring because I admire him as a player but the Mavs were just more talented and emphatically hungrier.

So, congradulations to the Mavericks and especially Dirk... notice that I didn't even include the state name.

I declare, LeBron fan boys are about as thick as they come.

I'll repeat this ONE. MORE. TIME.

Most folks have no problem with the fact that he left for Miami. Did it taint his legacy a bit? Probably, but that isn't the big issue. It's the way he went about it. He went on national TV, had an hour long special, to make an announcement that took all of 5 seconds to make. He didn't even tell his employer.

Then, he, Bosh, and Wade have that big, ridiculous spectacle.

"Not two. Not three. Not four..."

Admit it. Your boy had about as much class a nickle whore.

I declare, LeBron fan boys are about as thick as they come.

I'll repeat this ONE. MORE. TIME.

Most folks have no problem with the fact that he left for Miami. Did it taint his legacy a bit? Probably, but that isn't the big issue. It's the way he went about it. He went on national TV, had an hour long special, to make an announcement that took all of 5 seconds to make. He didn't even tell his employer.

Then, he, Bosh, and Wade have that big, ridiculous spectacle.

"Not two. Not three. Not four..."

Admit it. Your boy had about as much class a nickle whore.

So why aren't people killing Pat Riley? That disaster had to have his endorsement since the janitor doesn't clean a urinal in that building without his sign-off.

Steve Kerr says LeBron more Pippen than Jordan

Kurt Helin of NBC Sports

Full Article: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/13/steve-kerr-says-lebron-more-pippen-than-jordan/

“The irony to me is that LeBron is not Michael. LeBron is actually Scottie,” former Bull and current television analyst Steve Kerr said Monday on “The Waddle & Silvy Show” on ESPN 1000. “He’s so similar to Scottie in that defensively he was just a monster, could guard anybody, really more of a point forward than scoring guard. Scottie always loved to distribute the ball. That’s really where LeBron’s preference is.

“Phil Jackson used to call Scottie a ‘sometimes shooter.’ Sometimes they would go in, sometimes they wouldn’t. That’s how it is with LeBron. He’s a great talent and a great player but you can see his flaws as a basketball player. He doesn’t have an offensive game that he can rely on: no low-post game, no mid-range jump shot so when the game really gets tough he has a hard time finding easy baskets and getting himself going. That’s what Michael did in his sleep so that’s why the comparison is wrong.”

So why aren't people killing Pat Riley? That disaster had to have his endorsement since the janitor doesn't clean a urinal in that building without his sign-off.

Because LeBron, who is a very prominent figure in North American sports, could have said one very small, but important word.

"No."

He could have said "no," to the Decision special. He could have said "no," to the big celebration that occurred in Miami. He could have just went about his business and not made such a big deal out of it. The media did play a big part in it, of course, but don't you think he could have downplayed it a bit?

And that's the thing...Lebron is NOT respected. All of those guys like Jordan, Bird, even Kobe....as much as people didn't like them, respect was given. They are all uber-competitive and played the game the right way (sorry about speaking in past-tense about Kobe). You'd NEVER see an opponent wear a shirt saying "Hey Lebron...How does my Dirk taste?" or anything along those lines. It all goes back to respect, which for all his talent, is something Lebron does not have.

I agree. Respect is earned. He has not earned it to the level of those guys.

And because of the hype before the ring...I doubt he will ever live up to it.

Although, I am a person that puts Favre, Namath, and even Bradshaw in that category of more hype than greatness.

Because LeBron, who is a very prominent figure in North American sports, could have said one very small, but important word.

"No."

He could have said "no," to the Decision special. He could have said "no," to the big celebration that occurred in Miami. He could have just went about his business and not made such a big deal out of it. The media did play a big part in it, of course, but don't you think he could have downplayed it a bit?

To be fair to Lebron,I would have not said no to Pat Riley. Riley should have been the one to say no to however thought it would be cool to have a parade.

---------- Post added June-13th-2011 at 03:51 PM ----------

Although, I am a person that puts Favre, Namath, and even Bradshaw in that category of more hype than greatness.

I agree with Namath and maybe Bradshaw. Can't say the same about Farve. That man was a beast.

Bradshaw is EASILY the most over-rated of the three. He was an adequate QB surrounded by an awesome team.

He didn't say No to any of those things because he isn't a grounded person. He couldn't spell HUMBLE if he was doing the Soul Train scramble.

The sports figues who have what it takes to win it all (Tiger, Jordan, Kobe, Federer, Brady) all had what appear to be strong father-figures in their lives. LeBron James and his mom agreed that Miami "would make him happy." See what I mean? He hasn't heard the word No since he was 14 years old. He is surrounded by enablers and Yes men who have given him very bad advice.

He doesn't have the make up of a champion. And 8 years into his career at this point, I'm not sure he ever will.

Archived