• Under 40 - Sofia Vergera
    • Under 40 - Jeisa Chiminazzo
    • Over 40 - Catherine Zeta-Jones
    • Over 40 - Naomi Watts
    • Olympic - Romy Tarangul
    • Olympic - Alona Bondarenko
    • Reality Star - Katherine McPhee
    • Reality Star - Mallory Snyder

Lebron is dealing with something that people like Jordan, Bird, and Magic haven't had to deal with when they were playing. A better, more lethal media and an extremely more informed public. I am not saying that those three would have been worst if they had to deal with that stuff, I am just saying that Lebron's life is more noticeable than theirs.

Still doesn't mean that Lebron should be left off the hook because even though the media and public are more advanced, the player has advanced as well. With the status that he has and the resources around him, he should no how to handle things. This last year has been a PR nightmare for Lebron.

I know I'm late to the party, but Magic choked away the 1984 Finals against Boston, and for a whole year, he was called "Tragic Johnson". He dealt with it, and came back and beat them the following year.

Also, you all have to hear the interview w/Charles Barkley about Lebron on the Mike Lupica show

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?rd=1#/podcenter/?id=6657656&autoplay=1&callsign=ESPNRADIO

But I thought Charles loved Lebron :whoknows:

Honestly, I would pay 1k for a Redskins Super Bowl or a Wizards Championship.

I'm with you on that LOL

Well, the Redskins anyway. I'm a Wizards fan, always have been, but they don't feel like part of my family. The Redskins are the most important thing in my life. :)

I get to reiterate my statement from much earlier in the playoffs:

Dirk is better than Kevin Garnett and should rank higher on the list of all time great PFs.

---------- Post added June-14th-2011 at 09:28 AM ----------

The Redskins are the most important thing in my life. :)

I really hope that's not true.

Dirk is a great shooter. Garnett has a good outside game and is a elite defender...Garnett is better hands down...

Garnett will also NEVER take the big shot when it counts....this goes back to his days in Minnesota. If anything, it's a wash between the two. I don't see how you can rank one ahead of the other. For as good as Dirk is on offense, he's not as good a defender as Garnett....and for as good as Garnett is on defense, he's not as good on offense as Dirk.

Dirk is a great shooter. Garnett has a good outside game and is a elite defender...Garnett is better hands down...

You can win a championship with a team built around Dirk and a bunch of ancient washed up guys, backups, and misfits that nobody else wanted.

You can lose in the first round using the same formula with Garnett.

---------- Post added June-14th-2011 at 09:56 AM ----------

Garnett will also NEVER take the big shot when it counts....this goes back to his days in Minnesota. If anything, it's a wash between the two. I don't see how you can rank one ahead of the other. For as good as Dirk is on offense, he's not as good a defender as Garnett....and for as good as Garnett is on defense, he's not as good on offense as Dirk.

Defense will never be even close to as important as offense in the NBA. Ben Wallace and Dikembe Mutumbo were phenomenal defenders but they'll never get mentioned in the same strata as Dirk despite the fact they were probably as good at defense as he is at offense and he's as ho hum on defense as they were offensively. Only being a great defender doesn't get you in the HoF.

An elite scoring 7 footer is more valuable than anything else in basketball. It's basically the only one player format that can win a championship in the modern era. Hakeem won one too (although he was an elite defender as well).

I'll tell you why LeBron was hit with those kinds of questions after Game 6 and its quite simple really. When you make a spectacle about where you're going as a FA and then hold a championship-type pep rally the next night, boasting about winning multiple titles, before you've won a single game, you've set yourself up for this.

Durant was treated different because he's a humble guy, as far as we see in the public. He signed his extension and annouced it on Twittter with little fanfare. He didn't wait until the last minute, hold a lame TV special and leave his team standing there holding their Charles Dickens.

Hollinger's numbers analysis on the Dirk legacy has him placing Dirk sixth all time among PFs behind:

1.) Malone

2.) Duncan

3.) Barkley

4.) Garnett

5.) Pettit

6.) Dirk

Throw out Pettit since he played in the 50's and is too ancient to properly compare. After he's out, I think it's interesting that Duncan is the only other great PF who led his team to a championship. Garnett had to go play a reduced role on Paul Pierce's team to get one. Malone and Barkley never got over the hump.

Here's a way of simplifying the argument that I like to use: if you had a chance to build around any one of these guys as rookies knowing what their ceilings are, what would be your order of perference?

Here's mine:

1.) Duncan

2.) Malone

3.) Dirk

4.) Garnett/Barkley

5.) Barkley/Garnett

It's a wash for me at the 4 and 5 spot because I don't think you can win a championship today with a team built around Garnett or Barkley as your #1 player. Barkley is too short to match up with the 7 foot 4s today and too lazy to lead my team. Garnett can't carry a team in the postseason nor has he had the regular season success that Duncan, Malone, or Dirk had.

Here's mine:

1.) Duncan

2.) Malone

3.) Dirk

4.) Garnett/Barkley

5.) Barkley/Garnett

That's pretty much how I see it as well. I had thought about Malone as #1, but I feel like alot of his numbers were due to Stockton. Duncan has had nice pieces around him in SA, but Tony Parker is no Stockton. Plus, Duncan has the rings that Malone doesn't.

I'll tell you why LeBron was hit with those kinds of questions after Game 6 and its quite simple really. When you make a spectacle about where you're going as a FA and then hold a championship-type pep rally the next night, boasting about winning multiple titles, before you've won a single game, you've set yourself up for this.

Durant was treated different because he's a humble guy, as far as we see in the public. He signed his extension and annouced it on Twittter with little fanfare. He didn't wait until the last minute, hold a lame TV special and leave his team standing there holding their Charles Dickens.

I can't say enough about young Kevin. He does come across as very humble, and he definitely doesn't get off on being in the spotlight like LBJ.

And for him to be repping the dc area too with the backpack...love that dude. I hope Durant gets a ring before the King. OKC is almost there as far as having a complete team.

:ols: @ how much people underrate Garnett these days without looking back at those rosters during the Minnesota years.

Garnett's taken and made many clutch baskets during his career (including just this postseason with a game winner against NYK) That's not to say I'd put him in the same category as someone like Kobe, but the notion that he refuses and/or chokes in the big spots is completely inaccurate.

Still one of the most dominating performances I've ever seen from a player.

Dirk has consistently had good to great talent around him in Dallas. Minnesota was crippled from paying Joe Smith under the table and could only manage one year with a 32 year old Sprewell and 34 year old Sam Cassell.

I'd put Garnett ahead by the simple fact that he could dominate on both ends of the floor.

You can win a championship with a team built around Dirk and a bunch of ancient washed up guys, backups, and misfits that nobody else wanted

C'mon man. I'm really not trying to take anything away from Dirk by saying this...but did you really notice what was going on in game 6? He went 1-12 and they were still up at halftime. Terry and Stevenson were on fire. I'd hardly call Chandler, Marion or Barea washed up. That team was perfectly built so that Dirk didn't have to carry them for entire games. They had the luxury of sitting Peja the entire series and still had plenty of depth.

"Why he's The Man: This virtually unknown European exploded onto the scene at the Nike Hoop Summit during Final Four weekend in San Antonio. He dominated the game with 33 points (6-12 FG, 2-3 3-pt. FG, 19-23 FT) and 14 rebounds in a 104-99 International Select Team victory. Initially was thought headed to college (he visited Cal and Kentucky), but instead entered the draft; wavered the last few of weeks but did not withdraw his name. Nowitzki has an extremely aggressive, versatile offensive game. He can score inside or step out and hit the three. A good ballhandler, he can take it to the hole (as evidenced by free throw total at Hoop Summit). Very polished in all facets. Will have teams ruing the day they bypassed him. Fellow German Detlef Schrempf was called the best import since the Volkswagen; Nowitzki's coach says, "Here comes the Porsche."

At best, he's the next: Keith Van Horn.

And if I'm wrong, he's: Cherokee Parks. "

Well, he's clearly better than Van Horn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1998/draft/si/power.html

[scouting report of Dirk]

At best, he's the next: Keith Van Horn.

And if I'm wrong, he's: Cherokee Parks. "

Well, he's clearly better than Van Horn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/1998/draft/si/power.html

What's funny is that the scout or whatever person wrote that has a good feeling for how good Dirk is...and then compares him to a scrub like Van Horn. :ols: Of course, Van Horn was in the thick of an amazing college career at Utah. So at that time, it seems like a great comparison. But wow, looking back on it...not so much. At least it's better than the one I posted. :ols:

Royally....classic quote. I used that on my Facebook today. LMAO...........aye man, congrats to you and all the Die Hard's. I am a Mav's fan, but not like yo are. Good for you and all the die hard's that have been waiting on this forever......Enjoy the parade...and be safe!

Thanks dude. Parade is Thursday morning at 10. I'm definitely skipping work to attend. :)

Van Horn was a 20-8 guy for his first years in the league. Then, he couldn't stay on the floor. Being compared to him in '98 was a really good compliment. It meant that you had the potential to score 20 a game as a rookie.

It's good to know that Cowboys' fans know nothing about other sports aside from football. I would hate to think their ignorance was single-minded.

yeah probably not. :ols:

Although this morning, my car broke down while I was getting ready to leave for work, and it is gonna cost me a little over $1K when I pick it up from the shop tomorrow. If there is ever a time for that to happen, it was today. :ols:

If it was last week, I would have gone ape****.

That was LeBron's fault, wasn't it.

Oh wait, aren't you the guy that left your car running in the parking lot of the Mavs arena, for an ENTIRE Mavs game during the regular season.

LeBron might be a Douche, but yep, you're a Dork :)

Archived