Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

44 minutes ago, Conn said:

Seems crazy they didn’t wait like 6 weeks to bury this among the good feelings of a new GM and coaching 

Looking through this thread, it appears people started noticing the increase for 2023 last November

Gonna repost the blog entry from March on the Eagles increase. Obviously Harris doesn't subscribe to what the writer says in the first paragraph. Can Eagles fans who sir in the LL at the Linc be looking at 300 per game next year?

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/03/eagles-once-again-raise-season-ticket-prices.html

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Looking through this thread, it appears people started noticing the increase for 2023 last November

Gonna repost the blog entry from March on the Eagles increase. Obviously Harris doesn't subscribe to what the writer says in the first paragraph. Can Eagles fans who sir in the LL at the Linc be looking at 300 per game next year?

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2023/03/eagles-once-again-raise-season-ticket-prices.html

We are not the eagles. Are team and stadium stink. I think they will have a hard team selling seats next year.

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Seems crazy they didn’t wait like 6 weeks to bury this among the good feelings of a new GM and coaching staff. 

This season is only going to get uglier over the final few weeks, and even worse we’re on bye with nothing else to talk about. 

You’d never catch me paying for season tickets at FedEx but the timing on this seems like a blunder. 

I thought that too but it looks like current season holders are getting their renewal notification so you gotta roll it out now.

This certainly aint gonna help sales, and I think they know that.

All the more reason to believe that there are likely several "splashes" in store to help move tix next year

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Ours,  in section 204, went up $200.40 for the season.  Sucks....but it's not as obscene as some of the other increases that I'm reading about.

I agree...the optics are horrific.

On the Junkies this morning, Tailgate Ted said his 4 seats in 103 went from 5236 to 6396, over 20 percent increase. Parking separately is 500. Apparently no discounts. First payment due 10 days before Christmas

Edited by hail2skins
  • Thumb down 1

Have a homeboy who we used to watch the games with before he gave up (right around the time we let Cousins walk) who bought season tics right around the time the team was sold. We tailgate with him during the one or two games we go to a year and he gets wasted (drinks his troubles away when we are bad.....so often) and likes to brag about how smart he is and how much of a good investment this is and how if we were smart we would buy in. 

And I almost did, too. Went through the whole process, selected seats and got the 'free' tickets you get for a down payment (same price as a ticket for those seats) and then backed out. 

Cant wait for him to start texting me in the middle of next game about how his investment is already paying off and how smart (not lucky) he was to get these tickets that he was told would not get increased for years and years. 

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

On the Junkies this morning, Tailgate Ted said his 4 seats in 103 went from 5236 to 6396, over 20 percent increase. Parking separately is 500. Apparently no discounts. First payment due 10 days before Christmas

He even said he knows of people whose tickets went up around 40%. Cold business is usually good business so it is what it is. But it ****ing sucks and re-affirms why ima stay my fat ass at home 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It is great Snyder us gone, but if they do a two year rebuild they will have a real hard time selling tickets. The sellout this season are a bit of a mirage, we played some very popular teams Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco, and NFC east. I don't think there were a ton of redskins fans in there.

That schudule does not exist next season with ticket prices up will be interesting to see what will happen.

Edited by Redskins 2021

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Have a homeboy who we used to watch the games with before he gave up (right around the time we let Cousins walk) who bought season tics right around the time the team was sold. We tailgate with him during the one or two games we go to a year and he gets wasted (drinks his troubles away when we are bad.....so often) and likes to brag about how smart he is and how much of a good investment this is and how if we were smart we would buy in. 

And I almost did, too. Went through the whole process, selected seats and got the 'free' tickets you get for a down payment (same price as a ticket for those seats) and then backed out. 

Cant wait for him to start texting me in the middle of next game about how his investment is already paying off and how smart (not lucky) he was to get these tickets that he was told would not get increased for years and years. 

He even said he knows of people whose tickets went up around 40%. Cold business is usually good business so it is what it is. But it ****ing sucks and re-affirms why ima stay my fat ass at home 

"investment?"  

More like sunken cost.

• Thumb up 1

30 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

It is great Snyder us gone, but if they do a two year rebuild they will have a real hard time selling tickets. The sellout this season are a bit of a mirage, we played some very popular teams Buffalo, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco, and NFC east. I don't think there were a ton of redskins fans in there.

That schudule does not exist next season with ticket prices up will be interesting to see what will happen.

Next season the popular non-division home games will be Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and the NFC North opponent. The less popular ones will be Atlanta, Carolina, and the AFC South opponent.

From a renewal perspective, it seems like the team has never had an issue filling the lower bowl, so I expect that'll still be the case. The upper level was struggling, but if they are selling those out now and the price increase for those seats are minimal, people will still renew there as well.

The interesting area to me will be the club level. There were many sections that became ghost towns before they slashed prices prior to the 2022 season and drew a lot of folks in. If they jack up those tickets and people are no longer encumbered by multi-year contracts, I can see a lot of folks bailing.

Our new owners want you to help pay for their expensive rebuild of the franchise.  On one hand it takes a lot of nerve but these owners are in

business.  They are running a for profit business and not a non-profit business.  But as a fan not living in the DC area there is no way I would

still have tickets.  Why?  Their product stinks and there is no sign of improvement in the foreseeable future.  When fans travel to other stadiums

the fan experience is much better than what the current team provides even with the new upgrades.  The field itself is not on par with other

stadiums.  Regardless of which GM and Head Coach are hired it is still a dumpster fire at this point.

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Next season the popular non-division home games will be Pittsburgh, Cleveland, and the NFC North opponent. The less popular ones will be Atlanta, Carolina, and the AFC South opponent.

From a renewal perspective, it seems like the team has never had an issue filling the lower bowl, so I expect that'll still be the case. The upper level was struggling, but if they are selling those out now and the price increase for those seats are minimal, people will still renew there as well.

The interesting area to me will be the club level. There were many sections that became ghost towns before they slashed prices prior to the 2022 season and drew a lot of folks in. If they jack up those tickets and people are no longer encumbered by multi-year contracts, I can see a lot of folks bailing.

Pittsburgh will be a draw. Cleveland is so the Nfc north probably Chicago is so/so. They are ok but they are not San Francisco, Buffalo, and Miami. 

I agree, the club seats are the one that will hurt the most q

Edited by Redskins 2021

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

A new regime and potentially top 5 pick QB will generate a lot of interest.

I hope that is not how they are planning to do business. They don't even have a GM yet. If they are raising ticket prices cause they think we will draft someone that would generate interest.......you know how ****ed we are as a fanbase? I know thats not exactly what you are saying - you are just saying its possible. I just hope they aint thinking it 

Have been on the fence the last two years but did not pull the trigger on season tix. After sitting through the Buffalo, Chicago, NYG, and Miami games this year plus the price increase, there is no chance I will purchase them. Plus it is super easy to get cheap lower level or club level tickets to individual games if you wait it out. 

Also, saw no noticeable changes this year on stadium upgrades they supposedly invested in. Not sure this is the best thing to bring the fanbase back in. Get a winner plus a new stadium and this team should be flowing with cash.

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I hope that is not how they are planning to do business. They don't even have a GM yet. If they are raising ticket prices cause they think we will draft someone that would generate interest.......you know how ****ed we are as a fanbase? I know thats not exactly what you are saying - you are just saying its possible. I just hope they aint thinking it 

I mean its a decision made by different departments I'm sure. Like accounting, marketing, etc. They're probably just working under that assumption to try to justify the increased cost.

I dropped my tickets a few years ago and saw no reason to pay for the dump that is FedEx and then be shown the door via seat licenses in the new stadium.  I would NEVER pay for a PSL.  

Edited by HOF44
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Same here I am in section 101 it 2000 a seat now. The 10 precent discount last was huge. 

Edited by Redskins 2021

On 12/6/2023 at 3:19 PM, RememberOsaka said:

I have 2 Club level tix...last year they were $4200 but with payment in full by a certain date they were $3800 including "free" parking- just got an invoice for $5875 with no discount for paying in full. Having paid $3800 for a terrible product and a 1-4 home record without a win since early September...yeah...the honeymoon is over Josh.

pretty sure they're my clubs in 340 that went up over $2000 from last year

The initial invoice for my club seats was for $5800 too, but I just checked and the new invoice is now $5023. Either the initial invoice was a mistake or enough folks complained. Anybody else see a reduction?

1 hour ago, KtotheT said:

The initial invoice for my club seats was for $5800 too, but I just checked and the new invoice is now $5023. Either the initial invoice was a mistake or enough folks complained. Anybody else see a reduction?

My clubs stayed the same $4143. But mine only went up $320 for 2 seats. Still think all these price increases are nuts. 

27 minutes ago, just654 said:

My clubs stayed the same $4143. But mine only went up $320 for 2 seats. Still think all these price increases are nuts. 

I'm assuming your seats are in one of the club end zone sections. Its strange that your seats went up ~8 percent while KtotheT's (which I assume are the next "zone" in) appear to have gone up ~20 percent, even with the reduced price he cited.

6 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I'm assuming your seats are in one of the club end zone sections. Its strange that your seats went up ~8 percent while KtotheT's (which I assume are the next "zone" in) appear to have gone up ~20 percent, even with the reduced price he cited.

Yep, I am in section 336. I think they have had problems selling these club seats. I am on the isle and the rest of the whole row has been groups all season.  The price difference last year from the corners to sidelines was only a few hundred dollars, so people picked the better seats. I think it will be the exact opposite this year. My guess is people will move from the sidelines to the corners and will open up the sidelines for business/group seats.