Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

Customer service overall has def improved since Wright took over. After years in the club, moved down to 103, second row from the top of section, on the aisle.

Didn’t want to move from club, but saving 2K is well worth it. Never was able to resell the club seats for anywhere near cost. Also wanted to be back in the energy.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Just for ****s & grins, I looked.   There are no seats available in my section....or most of the 200's on the Skins side, except in the end-zone corner in 238

Me too… I got on yesterday at my slot time and within like 2 mins got off… 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Just for ****s & grins, I looked.   There are no seats available in my section....or most of the 200's on the Skins side, except in the end-zone corner in 238

1 hour ago, Command The 414 said:

Were you guys just looking or really wanted to move? If you really wanted to move reach out to the team. I really believe they held back a ton of seats

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, just654 said:

Were you guys just looking or really wanted to move? If you really wanted to move reach out to the team. I really believe they held back a ton of seats

No. 

We love our seats and sit with another couple who we're good friends with.  The only way we would move is if they could move with us, (which we did once), and similar seats, (last row, 200's, undercover on the Skins side), closer to the 50.     They do have a pair on the aisle, next to our friend that I would consider, because we would still be sitting next to them, but on the aisle.    

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

No. 

We love our seats and sit with another couple who we're good friends with.  The only way we would move is if they could move with us, (which we did once), and similar seats, (last row, 200's, undercover on the Skins side), closer to the 50.     They do have a pair on the aisle, next to our friend that I would consider, because we would still be sitting next to them, but on the aisle.    

@Skinsfan1311 I thought "back row" 200 seats can have seats with poor views (either columns that might block part of the field or overhang that prevents seeing ball above a certain height or poor incline from row to row makes it more likely that people in front of you could block part of the view for the people behind them). Is any of that true, and if so, how do you know which seats are "fine" and which seats "should be avoided"?

This is where I miss Mark The Homer to answer such questions.

I wonder if they removed or made unavailable in recent years some of those 200 level visitor side rows that they installed in 2004 because the views were so crappy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

On 3/4/2024 at 4:03 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

@Skinsfan1311 Do most season ticket holders just attend a couple of games a season and sell tickets to the 6 to 7 remaining home games to recoup the cost of their season tickets? Would like people's perspectives regarding this question as I'm just trying to understand a seeming "paradox" of a sold out lower bowl comprised mostly of season ticket holders and the fact that more often than not, it looks as if the visiting team is the home team in Greater Landover.

1 hour ago, Twelfth man said:

@Skinsfan1311 Do most season ticket holders just attend a couple of games a season and sell tickets to the 6 to 7 remaining home games to recoup the cost of their season tickets? Would like people's perspectives regarding this question as I'm just trying to understand a seeming "paradox" of a sold out lower bowl comprised mostly of season ticket holders and the fact that more often than not, it looks as if the visiting team is the home team in Greater Landover.

My observation when I regularly went to games was that the majority of the visiting fans were concentrated on the lower bowl visitors side. My suspicion has always been that a lot of those seats are owned by larger entities (corporate or government) who have employees that come to DC from all over the nation. Back in the day, when the stadium opened and the Skins weren't far removed from a Super Bowl title, those seats would be filled by Skins fans anyway. But as the interest in the team locally has waned, safe to say a lot of employees that get their chance to see their team from wherever they are are able to take the opportunity.

• Like 1

Regarding the obstructed/limited/terrace view seats on the visitors side in the 200 level. Anything rows 13-23 have the potential to be anywhere from halfway decent to absolutely a nightmare sitting behind a pole. It's not worth taking a risk buying seats in anything higher than row 12. Rows 12 and below are great seats and some of the best views in the stadium, plus if you are in row 4 or higher you will be protected from sun and rain. 

They have not removed any of these seats, although they may finally be restricting sales of these, as I walked up there during one game last year during a rain shower and there were rows and rows of empty seats, meanwhile the rest of the stadium was full.

My thoughts on why there are so many visiting team fans. I think the average season ticket holder goes to 80% of the games, maybe even more. If they don't go, they sell to friends or family. I don't think a majority of the seats in the lower level visitor side are owned by average season ticket holders. I think they are owned by either ticket scalpers, or they are just not sold as season tickets and only sold as individual games. I don't believe this is the Redskins' choice. I believe if they had enough individual season ticket holders willing to buy them all they would be happy to sell them to them. I just don't think the demand is there to sell out the entire lower level to regular die hard fans. Club level is a whole different story. I think those are mostly owned by corporations which they give to employees. Then maybe 15% average season ticket holder. With the rest being sold as individual games. So there will probably be visiting team fans scattered throughout the club level, but nothing like lower level visitor sideline.  

hail2skins theory could be 100% accurate too as that definitely sounds plausible regarding the lower level visitors sideline. 

• Like 1

Josh, the club level was turning into a ghost town in multiple sections until a couple seasons ago when they drastically reduced prices. Think they were able to get individuals in there again

I think during the 2022 season I checked on Stubhub to see what was for sale on the 200 visitors side for multiple games and I remember the highest row I could find available was like 17. Back around 2009 my mom bought two tickets for the season opener in that area on Ebay. I had tickets to a preseason game in the club, but she gave me the location of the opener seats so I could check them out. Both were right behind a pillar. Needless to say, we got the money back from the jerk who put them out there.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 9:35 PM, Twelfth man said:

@just654 When you said "They held back a ton of seats" why did they do that? Are they trying to get people to move to certain areas? How did you learn what seats were being held back?

I have long thought that “holding out seats” like this is shorthand for “these are broker seats, and if someone really wants them especially if they are adding seats we will sell to them.”  Or, you can sub out broker for sponsorship comps, and they can always move those around if a paying STH really wants a different seat.  

On 3/2/2024 at 12:25 PM, Hoover-ball said:

No hot food just chips and granola bar type snacks. Coffee and hot chocolate   no real giveaways unless you count the lanyard which I do not. You get free tickets to the concerts or the soccer games if you upgrade to club levels etc. but nothing for us upper Decker who showed up in the rain to check out options. In fact, upper deck seats weren’t even tag. You just had to go do it online with a representative.

Were the free tickets just if you upgraded?  My fiance and I are seriously considering the club upgrade from 114 to 315 because we enjoyed the Dolphins game up there, and all of the perks.  I can’t imagine that it would be free tickets to all of the events, and just a one-time deal, but I have to ask. 

Edited by ThomasTomasz
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Twelfth man said:

I can't answer for other STH's, but we don't do that and it appears that most of our section doesn't either as it's packed with Skins fans and most of them are the same faces.

We sit on the home side. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Twelfth man said:

@Skinsfan1311 I thought "back row" 200 seats can have seats with poor views (either columns that might block part of the field or overhang that prevents seeing ball above a certain height or poor incline from row to row makes it more likely that people in front of you could block part of the view for the people behind them). Is any of that true, and if so, how do you know which seats are "fine" and which seats "should be avoided"?

Those horrific seats do exist. They are located the on the visitors side.  If memory serves, just avoid any seats past row 12 on the visitors side. 

There are no obstructed views from the 200's on the home side so you're guaranteed a great view from seats in any of those sections. Here's a pic from our seats.

our seats.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, hail2skins said:

My observation when I regularly went to games was that the majority of the visiting fans were concentrated on the lower bowl visitors side. My suspicion has always been that a lot of those seats are owned by larger entities (corporate or government) who have employees that come to DC from all over the nation. Back in the day, when the stadium opened and the Skins weren't far removed from a Super Bowl title, those seats would be filled by Skins fans anyway. But as the interest in the team locally has waned, safe to say a lot of employees that get their chance to see their team from wherever they are are able to take the opportunity.

Thanks for sharing that. With the team underperforming, and transplants to the DMV not uncommon, that helps me understand the challenge more. It could be awhile until the home stadium will be as opposing as RFK was.

On 3/5/2024 at 4:56 PM, hail2skins said:

This is where I miss Mark The Homer to answer such questions.

I wonder if they removed or made unavailable in recent years some of those 200 level visitor side rows that they installed in 2004 because the views were so crappy.

Can you tell me why Mark the Homer is not on this Board any more?  Did he move out of the area?  He always had good posts on a variety of topics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Can you tell me why Mark the Homer is not on this Board any more?  Did he move out of the area?  He always had good posts on a variety of topics.

From Jumbo in:

the best take I have, he was a mod and developed some issues with some things staff wise along, I think, with missing the old mod staff and having some issues with various things here at that time...he may be on BGO, don't know ...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/5/2024 at 8:39 PM, hail2skins said:

Josh, the club level was turning into a ghost town in multiple sections until a couple seasons ago when they drastically reduced prices. Think they were able to get individuals in there again

I think during the 2022 season I checked on Stubhub to see what was for sale on the 200 visitors side for multiple games and I remember the highest row I could find available was like 17. Back around 2009 my mom bought two tickets for the season opener in that area on Ebay. I had tickets to a preseason game in the club, but she gave me the location of the opener seats so I could check them out. Both were right behind a pillar. Needless to say, we got the money back from the jerk who put them out there.

I almost rather the Club level still be a ghost town.  Its almost as bad as the LL concourse now.    Its so crowded,  the smell of weed and smoke watfs through it.  The bathroom are disgusting and dirty and have long lines now.  (used to be constantly cleaned and no lines).  And the Gold Lounge lines are long!

I only ended up renewing 1 of my seats in the Club Level (front row)  curious if they sold the second one.   But I still get my free parking, which helps offset the cost.  (Club Level seats are starting to go back up in price)

• Like 2

Yeah the club level capacity was built too big to begin with, and got exacerbated when the dream seats were installed in 2004 and had access to the club concourse. On the flip side, especially after the RG3 flameout, I think a lot of folks decided not to renew their club seats, particularly with the prices that were bring charged, and it led to a real lack of energy there in the seating bowl during the game. I think you're only going to arrive at a happier medium with a smaller (10k seat max) club at the new stadium.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Howie411 said:

I almost rather the Club level still be a ghost town.  Its almost as bad as the LL concourse now.    Its so crowded,  the smell of weed and smoke watfs through it.  The bathroom are disgusting and dirty and have long lines now.  (used to be constantly cleaned and no lines).  And the Gold Lounge lines are long!

I only ended up renewing 1 of my seats in the Club Level (front row)  curious if they sold the second one.   But I still get my free parking, which helps offset the cost.  (Club Level seats are starting to go back up in price)

That sucks, but was to be expected when they dropped the prices. The best seats in the house are the 200's under cover on the home side, IHMO, of course...  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Howie411 said:

Well crap. We decided to “upgrade“ to the club level this year, so that’s definitely concerning to hear. Was hoping to get away from long lines and dirty bathrooms. Guess it’s going to be a one year stay if that’s the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woodpecker said:

Well crap. We decided to “upgrade“ to the club level this year, so that’s definitely concerning to hear. Was hoping to get away from long lines and dirty bathrooms. Guess it’s going to be a one year stay if that’s the case. 

I'm sure that the conditions will be much better with the new ownership in place.

• Like 2