Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

23 minutes ago, Hersh said:

If he has a serious hamstring injury, the play-in game(s) might be wishful thinking. Almost certainly sitting him for a couple of games out of precaution. 

That’s true for any torn muscle.  If he really “pulled” or “strained” something he won’t be healthy again this season.  The season ends in 8 days (4 games).  

It would be terribly disappointing if after all this we just got rolled without Beal.  

• Like 1

“He tweaked his hamstring,” Wizards coach Scott Brooks said after the game. “Actually, he tweaked his ankle and we didn’t want to push it at the end. He wanted to but our guys told him not to push it. Hopefully, it’s not too serious.”

so he tweaked his ankle then tweaked his hamstring. I’m sure he’ll be fine.

It is looking amazing.  John Wall was always overrated.  He is certainly skilled but he commands the ball too much and isn't an efficient enough scorer or shooter.  Plus he is always injured.  Westbrook is leagues ahead of him.

If this recent run has shown me anything it is that this team isn't as far away from contending as I thought.  They just need a consistent third scorer and some guys who can defend.  Rui has taken some steps this year, and the Gafford trade also looks great.  

6 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

So...with this recent Wiz run to make the playoffs, does that put Russ in contention for MVP? His numbers are eye-popping lately.

no and it shouldn’t. The team is 5 games under .500 and would be struggling to make the  playoffs if not for the lame play-in games.