Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

18 minutes ago, Destino said:

It was never in doubt.  Game!

Why is Toronto so bad this season anyway?  They’re usually a machine.  

They aren't playing in Toronto this season. Could be one reason. 

18 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I 👀 a contract extension on the horizon.

Don’t put that evil into the universe!  

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

They aren't playing in Toronto this season. Could be one reason. 

I completely forgot about that.  

• Haha 1

The lack of fouling when up 3 is mind boggling. Wiz made this so much harder than it needed to be.

I have to admit I had some reservations when we couldnt seem to run even basic inbounds against pressure. I dont know that I wouldnt press the wiz all game every game until they show they can beat it.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Cant have it both ways, yall, does Brooks deserve credit for way they are playing or not?

Was Brooks the reason KD Harden Westbrook and Ibaka made it to the nba finals?  No.  Likewise he’s not the reason a team with two stars playing out of their minds right now, are winning.  If anything, he’s the reason this team has underachieved.  

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

Was Brooks the reason KD Harden Westbrook and Ibaka made it to the nba finals?  No.  Likewise he’s not the reason a team with two stars playing out of their minds right now, are winning.  If anything, he’s the reason this team has underachieved.  

So does Shep deserve credit for giving Brooks best team hes had since OKC?  They were playing out of their minds earlier and losing, whole team is clicking on all cylinders, not jus the backcourt.

I'm not advocating keeping Brooks, im jus not as sold on him holding them back they way they are kicking peoples ass right now.  A series with the Bucks would be interesting, at least answer some hard questions.

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

So does Shep deserve credit for giving Brooks best team hes had since OKC?  They were playing out of their minds earlier and losing, whole team is clicking on all cylinders, not jus the backcourt.

I'm not advocating keeping Brooks, im jus not as sold on him holding them back they way they are kicking peoples ass right now.  A series with the Bucks would be interesting, at least answer some hard questions.

At best he's a Mark Jackson.  I can't quite put my finger on where he falls between bad and inadequate, but he's not the guy.

So what’s the injury?  Quad injury would be my guess.  If it was something other than a muscle injury they’d have hustled him outta there right?  Really bad timing no matter what it is.  There’s no time to heal.  

30 minutes ago, bearrock said:

That's better than a hip or a quad right?

If he has a serious hamstring injury, the play-in game(s) might be wishful thinking. Almost certainly sitting him for a couple of games out of precaution. 

• Sad 1