Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I only saw the early part of the game but looking at the box, the Wiz had games like this early in the season where Russ and Beal took almost 60% of the shots. That's not a recipe for success. Particularly when other guys were having efficient scoring games. 

35 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Yeah the NBA refs are having a COVID-19 situation (no sure why they aren’t vaccinated) where they are down something like 10 refs.

It blows my mind how many athletes aren't getting vaccinated either. 

On 4/27/2021 at 9:22 AM, Ball Security said:

no sure why they aren’t vaccinated)

I’ve listened to a few well connected people to different leagues get asked a question along these lines. It’s the same answer every time

they absolute do not want, under any circumstance, there to be a chance for a public narrative of - the athletes/coaches/refs/staff got to jump the line because the rich people gotta keep on making their money. 

MLB for instance - their teams would check out the situation in any travel situation and if there were publicly available shots for whatever reason they’d go get them. They were constantly monitoring it. 

otherwise, wait your turn at home. Absolutely not any chance of a perception if special treatment. 

I think they were right to approach it that way. 

While it is nice to see this team playing well, the end result is that they will end up getting worse lottery odds/draft pick, which only increases the likelihood that they will be stuck in purgatory.  Being a middle of the road team is sometimes worse than being a really horrible team.

• Sad 1

They are 24-21 if you go from their worst record (4-13).  The team has changed a bit.  They are playing hard, Beal leads the league in scoring.  Rui just dunked over AD on ESPN and got the highlight of the night... who cares if ESPN is burning that clip of humiliation.  Troy Brown Jr is putting up 0 mins and the guys he was traded for had a collective double double.  

Realistically only 5 or 6 teams have a shot at a chip any given year in any given league.  I don't get being negative.  Just go play 2K on franchise mode as the Wizards and tear everyone up if you want to see championships... its fun rooting for the boys. 

Except Bertrans.  

3 hours ago, abdcskins said:

While it is nice to see this team playing well, the end result is that they will end up getting worse lottery odds/draft pick, which only increases the likelihood that they will be stuck in purgatory.  Being a middle of the road team is sometimes worse than being a really horrible team.

Do we need a high draft pick? I was hoping with Beal and Westbrook starting to click we could attract a third superstar. That seems to be the way of the league now anyways. The best teams aren’t built through drafting but by superstars texting each other and joining the same teams. Am I off base?

1 hour ago, Florgon79 said:

Do we need a high draft pick? I was hoping with Beal and Westbrook starting to click we could attract a third superstar. That seems to be the way of the league now anyways. The best teams aren’t built through drafting but by superstars texting each other and joining the same teams. Am I off base?

the truth is that the Wiz could use a really high draft pick to get sustained success. In order to find a third star, the wiz would need to move salary and trade Rui, Deni and potentially additional picks. 

6 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

Yes, we need a high draft pick. The higher the better. I still think this team is a long way away from competing. The goal is to make the NBA finals. They aren't close.

I hate that Bertans contract.

• Like 1