Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

All the teams in the play-in are missing important players. Count me as not a fan of the play-in. 

The idea that it brings more teams into the playoffs doesn't mean anything to me when so many teams already make the playoffs. 2/3rd of the teams are now in the playoffs with the expanded play-in. 

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

All the teams in the play-in are missing important players. Count me as not a fan of the play-in. 

The idea that it brings more teams into the playoffs doesn't mean anything to me when so many teams already make the playoffs. 2/3rd of the teams are now in the playoffs with the expanded play-in. 

I think its fine for this season since the regular season was shortened so the play in is kinda like an extension of the regular season but with only meaningful games.

Ultimately though you're right too many teams in the NBA make the playoffs as is but you know they'll never reduce the #(that would reduce revenue etc. etc.).

• Like 1

I agree. In a crazy season, no big deal. Long term though, no thanks. 

I bet the owners agree to extend it though cause it's more money in their pockets without paying players anymore. 

Edited by Hersh

As poorly as we played early in the season, getting into the playoffs, even if below 500 overall, is a testament to how well they are playing now. I am not sure anyone wants to play the wizards in a series if Beal is back. That too is a testament to the leadership of the team, even if many want the coach gone.  It is easy to forget how deep the hole was from which this team climbed out.

I think it's a testament to how good Russ is and that's it. Being below .500 and getting into the play in game doesn't say much to me about the team. On March 1st the Hawks were a game better than the Wiz. The Hawks are the 4th seed 9 games over .500. The Wiz are the 10th seed 5 games under. 

6 hours ago, GOSKINS_08 said:

If the pacers lose to the lakers today and Charlotte loses to the Knicks then I’m sure a win tomorrow against Charlotte would give us the 8 seed then the chance to win the one game and become the 7 seed and face most likely Brooklyn. I doubt we’d win a series against them but they play no defense so I think we could make it more interesting. I don’t want to face Philly.

And there it is...

• Like 4

Great game. Really entertaining. Charlotte had plenty of chances to hit the big shot but couldn't hit.

8 minutes ago, Destino said:

Do they foul up three with this much clock left?

They didn't. Brooks is pretty consistent there. Probably wouldn't have even with less time.