Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I didn't expect to jump up, but I was really hoping to stay at six.  I had my heart set on Culver or Hunter.

At 9, I'm hoping for Hayes.  If he's off the table, then taking a chance on Doumbaya is our best bet I guess.  Wonder if that's too early to consider Brandon Clarke?  He's old, but he is a ferocious defensive player.

A trade down should be in consideration too.

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

At 9 I would take a gamble on Reddish...

I wouldn't.  I'm not sure what he showed at Duke that suggests he'll be an NBA player.

It’s still hard to believe how bad last years draft was, move up a spot to get a Porter & trade a bag of chips to get Robinson. Or, #WeekendAtErinies

Cam Reddish will crush the combine junk, he’ll go before 9 imo.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I didn't expect to jump up, but I was really hoping to stay at six.  I had my heart set on Culver or Hunter.

At 9, I'm hoping for Hayes.  If he's off the table, then taking a chance on Doumbaya is our best bet I guess.  Wonder if that's too early to consider Brandon Clarke?  He's old, but he is a ferocious defensive player.

A trade down should be in consideration too.

Definitely looking to trade down a few slots to pick up assets and look at either Gonzaga player. This was worst case scenario 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Definitely looking to trade down a few slots to pick up assets and look at either Gonzaga player. This was worst case scenario  

Actually I think ten was the worst possible outcome.  One more team could have leapfrogged us.  But this is pretty rough.

Yours isn't a bad plan.  I think the Texas kid and the French kid are both looking into for sure.  But if we can move down and go after Brandon Clarke, pick up a late first and draft Matisse Thybulle, then that could go a long way towards adding the talent to fix our trash defense.