Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

When you’ve been the disappointment the Wiz have been, you pony up for the quality exec that wants to come here. I mean, you agree to give a player a super max contract then get cheap finding a new GM? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

We haven't won 50 games in my lifetime, I can sacrifice a year, or three, for long-term success.

Yup. Bad contracts to get out from under. No idea what Wall's recovery will really be. Then coaching, scouting, med staff, etc. 

• Like 1

Any good gm candidate is going to want a long contract in this situation.  The first 3 years at least will be used to put out the dumpster fire.  Even if rebuild goes really well, we're probably not seeing the fruits of it until 5-6 years.  Just give the man a blank term sheet and say "please fill in the blanks, I'll be loading up the brinks truck for you."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

Was Connelly the guy in Denver that traded Gobert and Donovan Mitchell to the Jazz, and got nothing worth mentioning in return?

He traded Nurkic(sp) too...

If he got rid of all of that and still was able to get that Denver team together... Give him a sixth year! 😂 

12 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

That'll make it worse, if he wants to be here, him needing a weekend to think about it is terrifying

I mean it makes sense. He's leaving a good young team that he's built, to go to a team that is in dire straits. The fact that he's thinking about it is perfectly reasonable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I mean it makes sense. He's leaving a good young team that he's built, to go to a team that is in dire straits. The fact that he's thinking about it is perfectly reasonable.

It's not unreasonable to want to think about it, my understanding was this is what he really wants given he's from the area.  This to me isn't so much about what he's leaving as what he's walking into, we are already up front not giving him what he wants, so he's probably second-guessing himself.  Elongated amounts of time to second guess himself I don't believe work in our favor, maybe his, but not ours.

Edited by Renegade7

Didn't Houston offer 7 years of first round picks for Jimmy Butler?  If the Lakers offer the Wizards that and Kyle Kuzma, I'd be interested.  It would have to be something crazy like that though.  Lakers probably aren't going to be very good for long, even if they add Beal now.

They can have Wall today though for a 2nd round pick if they like.  😂