Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The article was stupid.  Everything she talked about was discussed openly on message boards, etc.  You gotta be a real idiot to not know what was going on.  Why seek out quotes from ex-players now, when she could have gotten the same soundbites years ago...Article did absolutely nothing for me.  Candace should have had that same energy from a while back.  *yawn*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

The article was stupid.  Everything she talked about was discussed openly on message boards, etc.  You gotta be a real idiot to not know what was going on.  Why seek out quotes from ex-players now, when she could have gotten the same soundbites years ago...Article did absolutely nothing for me.  Candace should have had that same energy from a while back.  *yawn*

Exactly. You have quotes from freaking 2009. None of this is really news.

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

funny how they only pipe up to write that story once he's gone

that same story could have been published at any time during the last 6 or 7 year

We’ve all discussed how the local media were in the team’s pocket before.  Old stories, like this one, come out at times convenient to the wizards.  It’s pretty clear the local press is cooperative.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Destino said:

We’ve all discussed how the local media were in the team’s pocket before.  Old stories, like this one, come out at times convenient to the wizards.  It’s pretty clear the local press is cooperative.

I always wonder how the Wiz get such good press but the Skins are open game to the same kind of people. 

18 hours ago, Llevron said:

I always wonder how the Wiz get such good press but the Skins are open game to the same kind of people. 

Ted is clearly better with media relations than Dan is.  He probably doesn’t make the press park in a mud pit, either.

@Spaceman Spiff

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

he made Thom Loverro walk. big man been holding a grudge ever since

I’m not surprised, it’s not exactly close to the stadium.  

I saw Thom Loverro in the skins press box, seemed like a nice guy.  Though when I first noticed him, he was loudly proclaiming something about Kelly Oubre being a knuckle head. 

The NBA combine starts in a week.  We probably need to go ahead and get on with this GM hire, but I get the sense we're holding out to see what happens with Ujiri and Connelly.

So if those teams could just hurry up and crater out of the postseason, that would be nice.

As for the combine, the most important data points for me will be to get official measurements on

- Culver's height and wingspan and weight

- Hunter's height and wingspan and hand size

Also, nbadraft.net is running surprisingly thoughtful articles on prospects.  I enjoyed this latest one: https://www.nbadraft.net/situational-analysis-matisse-thybulle

Check out those arms.  Three and a half steals a game is insane.  That is NBA 2k-esque.  He sounds like the kind of role player we need to help change our culture and put a team of defensive studs around Beal's offense.  I wish we had some assets to trade back into the end of the first round with.

18 hours ago, Destino said:

Ted is clearly better with media relations than Dan is.  He probably doesn’t make the press park in a mud pit, either.

@Spaceman Spiff

I know you know this, but for those that don't, the Fed Ex media lot is a disaster area.  God forbid it rains, it turns into a mud pit.  And then walking back there after the game in the dark, cutting through that wooded area, any monster could jump out of there and you'd never be heard from again.  

17 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

he made Thom Loverro walk. big man been holding a grudge ever since

Thom Loverro can barely walk or do stairs.  He is a big, big man.  Seems really nice, but watching that guy move around is sad.

Edited by Spaceman Spiff

11 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

The NBA combine starts in a week.  We probably need to go ahead and get on with this GM hire, but I get the sense we're holding out to see what happens with Ujiri and Connelly.

So if those teams could just hurry up and crater out of the postseason, that would be nice.

As for the combine, the most important data points for me will be to get official measurements on

- Culver's height and wingspan and weight

- Hunter's height and wingspan and hand size

Also, nbadraft.net is running surprisingly thoughtful articles on prospects.  I enjoyed this latest one: https://www.nbadraft.net/situational-analysis-matisse-thybulle

Check out those arms.  Three and a half steals a game is insane.  That is NBA 2k-esque.  He sounds like the kind of role player we need to help change our culture and put a team of defensive studs around Beal's offense.  I wish we had some assets to trade back into the end of the first round with.

I think it's gonna be either Ujiri or Connelly.  That's why this process is taking so long to conclude.  I'd be ecstatic with picking either 1/2, but honestly, getting 3 or 4, you're getting an IMMEDIATE starter. 

1 - Zion

2 - Ja

3 - Barrett

4 - Culver/Hunter

Thinking about next year, I'd love to see Troy Brown get some extended PT at the 1.  No reason for him not to be able to do what Sato does (assuming Sato walks.) 

On 5/8/2019 at 6:25 PM, StillUnknown said:

funny how they only pipe up to write that story once he's gone

that same story could have been published at any time during the last 6 or 7 year

The same stuff happens with the skins

everyones an expert in hindsight 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

The same stuff happens with the skins

everyones an expert in hindsight 

its different with the skins though. beat reporters and other routinely criticize Dan & whatever GM was by his side. Grunfeld been teflon by the people who cover the team on a day to day basis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

its different with the skins though. beat reporters and other routinely criticize Dan & whatever GM was by his side. Grunfeld been teflon by the people who cover the team on a day to day basis

Yeah I just mean skins also got a lot of hindsight experts. Everyone knew everything was wrong (after it was clear everything was wrong)

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 11:26 PM, Destino said:

I’m not surprised, it’s not exactly close to the stadium.  

I saw Thom Loverro in the skins press box, seemed like a nice guy.  Though when I first noticed him, he was loudly proclaiming something about Kelly Oubre being a knuckle head. 

I reiterate this every time I hear people's Loverro stories, but I once saw him at a Caps game ordering ice cream 🤣

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Meh, I'd be okay either way.

Just want to get the right person....whether it's Weaver, Connelly, Sheppard etc

I largely agree, but if its Sheppard, fair or not, I will see him under the stench of Grunfeld