Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

That's idiotic. Anything about him that compelling or mesmerizing is only cause he is new, a freak of nature athletically and we've been mesmerized by Ovechkin (Scherzer too for Nats fans) for years now. He would not be the most popular athlete in DC. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Zion Mania could reach RG3 levels of hysteria and fan hype.

The Wizards fan base is far smaller than the Skins fan base. Plus, RGIII may even squash that hype a little cause people would be remember how fast RGIII flamed out. 

• Like 1

How bad does the NBA want the Knicks to be a playoff team? With the worst record, nobody is going to question if they "won" the lotto.

As far as Washington, if you get #1. Duh, you take him.

If you are around pick 10. I don't know if there is a huge different between that player and one around 15. Next GM needs to start recouping those 2nd rounders Ernie was handing out.

8 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If the Wiz score Zion, we should flip him and Wall to New Orleans for Brow and Payton.

*ducks*

I'd do it. Too bad no one is taking Wall's contract. 

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Trade a transcendent young star talent for a one year rental? Sounds about right

The hype is transcendent...not sold on the talent.  I’m just trying to get out from under Wall’s contract and give our new GM a fairly clean slate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The hype is transcendent...not sold on the talent.  I’m just trying to get out from under Wall’s contract and give our new GM a fairly clean slate.

the new GM loves Wall's contract because they won't have to win for three to four years

You keep the big time talent who can energize the fanbase and then build around him, even with Wall's contract.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Trade a transcendent young star talent for a one year rental? Sounds about right

Fair point. You negotiate with AD's agent and make sure he agrees to an extension. Build around AD and Beal having a little cap space this off-season then $40 million in caps space the following off-season. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Fair point. You negotiate with AD's agent and make sure he agrees to an extension. Build around AD and Beal having a little cap space this off-season then $40 million in caps space the following off-season. 

Anthony Davis does not want to play for the Wizards. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Kahwi didn't want to play for the Raptors either....and now according to various reports, he's seriously considering a future in Toronto.

Similar situation with Paul George.

Basically, you never know....

Now with that being said, I'm definitely not trading that pick just to move John's contract.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Kahwi didn't want to play for the Raptors either....and now according to various reports, he's seriously considering a future in Toronto.

Now with that being said, I'm definitely not trading that pick just to move John's contract.

I don't believe ANY reports about Kawhi's future because dude doesn't say ****.  LOL.  No one knows where he's going except for him. 

That being said, I think the stars will align next Tuesday and we'll end up with the #2 overall pick.  That's just how it's gonna be.  Ja WILL be a Wizard just to make things awkward. 

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

The Wizards are not a good basketball team. That’s why I mentioned that. This team is nowhere near the playoffs, and adding Davis and his salary won’t give us much options if he does stay.

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

The Wizards fan base is far smaller than the Skins fan base. Plus, RGIII may even squash that hype a little cause people would be remember how fast RGIII flamed out. 

The nats fan base started from scratch and benefited from national exposure with some of their pickups.  Having sportscenter pointed at wizards arena will bring the casual fans that larger fan bases take for granted.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

KD...definitely not happening.

Hey, if we get a GM that wants to hit a culture reboot is different then that last GM that officially killed it for us with the jumbotron thing.  

Not against persuing KL when he leaves Toronto.

6 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

If we only dealt with facts and reality, we wouldn't have much to talk about with the Wiz besides them sucking. 

• Sad 1

Behold the least surprising revelation ever unearthed by local sports writers:  Ernie Grunfeld maintained a culture of zero accountability.

As Gilbert Arenas’s 2008-09 season dragged on, injuries limiting him to just two game appearances late in the year, he would show up late to a Washington Wizards team meeting or a treatment because he wasn’t playing and, well, because he could. Ed Tapscott, the interim coach, finally had enough. After all, the Wizards had rules about being on time, violations punishable by fines.

But Arenas knew who would win this game of chicken.

“I remember telling Ed Tapscott, because he wanted to fine me,” Arenas said, laughing at the memory of missing a shoot-around in Detroit, “I said: ‘You fine me and send that s--- up there. Ain’t nothing going to happen.’ ”

Arenas was right. Although the fine slip went to Ernie Grunfeld, the former Wizards president of basketball operations who had the final say on such matters, no financial punishment was administered.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/05/06/first-priority-wizards-new-gm-establishing-culture-accountability/?utm_term=.f04af46615d8

There isn't a Wizards fan alive that should be surprised by this. 

• Sad 1