Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It's killing me that the Clippers got Ivica Zubac for a ham sandwich.  He is exactly the kind of Marc Gasol style defensive anchor big that we need.

Guys, I think I figured out why we didn't try and trade for Kawhi Leonard.  He can't go left.

Much better to have gotten Jabari Parker and Bobby Portis instead.

Idk, I believe Beal is already better now then Wall will ever be again going forward.  Think it's Wall that needs to be the #3 guy, but lean on the passing ability more to help everyone else out.  Why even with his legs shot it will take a while for him to be done done.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Idk, I believe Beal is already better now then Wall will ever be again going forward.  Think it's Wall that needs to be the #3 guy, but lean on the passing ability more to help everyone else out.  Why even with his legs shot it will take a while for him to be done done. 

You misunderstand me, I don't think Wall will still be better than Beal when he comes back.  He's going to be a shell of the player he used to be.  The three star construction won't work any more, and it would have only worked pre-injury if we'd gotten an MVP caliber player who would have made Wall and Beal the second and third best player's on the team, respectively.  A KG to Wall's Pierce and Beal's Allen.

Now there is no chance of that strategy working.  Beal is capable of performing at something like an All NBA third team level, but Wall won't be.  He's going to have good nights and bad nights with little consistency, and miss a ton of games.  The Wizards are going to have to build a complete team to contend with just Beal and a significantly diminished Wall.  High level players at every spot on the floor.

I just read a Sports Illustrated mock where they had the Wizards selecting Coby White, and honestly I'm happy with that. Time to move on from Wall - even if his contract makes that incredibly difficult. White is a baller and probably already better than Wall. 

49 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I just read a Sports Illustrated mock where they had the Wizards selecting Coby White, and honestly I'm happy with that. Time to move on from Wall - even if his contract makes that incredibly difficult. White is a baller and probably already better than Wall. 

how high are you?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Very. I mean, is Wall that good anymore? Seriously? 

in a season in which we generally regarded as terrible, he still put up 20 and 8

Wall has problems, but perspective still needs to be had

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Say whut?

Wall may lose much of his athleticism after yet another major injury. If he can turn into a top distributor and effective defensive player I think that would be nice. If he keeps some of his zip, he can occasionally score, but I think his game will be as an assist man. Less hero ball and dives to the basket and more cerebral point guard play.

Jason Kidd might be the same sort of idea.

18 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Say whut?

I mean it’s reasonable to want to transform Wall into the best pure point guard ever. 

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Wall may lose much of his athleticism after yet another major injury. If he can turn into a top distributor and effective defensive player I think that would be nice. If he keeps some of his zip, he can occasionally score, but I think his game will be as an assist man. Less hero ball and dives to the basket and more cerebral point guard play.

Jason Kidd might be the same sort of idea.

Stockton is one of the best PGs ever. A rich man’s Stockton is better than one of the best PGs ever.

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I mean it’s reasonable to want to transform Wall into the best pure point guard ever. 

Stockton is one of the best PGs ever. A rich man’s Stockton is better than one of the best PGs ever.

Ah, from that point of view. I meant a rich man in terms of a physically limited Wall being still more athletic than Stockton. But you're probably right that rich man is a poor turn of phrase.

• Like 1