Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

bittersweet. This needed to happen but the clean up and rebuild is daunting. 

The next person has a big job to do. 

#1. Realistically lay out the current situation. The huge money going to a few players. One who won't be back before 2020-2021

#2. No 2nd round picks for a long time

#3. Probably will need a new coach too

If that person sits there and is honest about the task at hand. I think people will be understanding. Next year is already a bust. Howard will opt in for his easy money. Probably barely play. So, I would hope they invest in scouting for college/euro/pros more than ever and just tank for a few seasons to get high pics year over year over year.

32 minutes ago, Destino said:

I wonder what the final straw was for Ted.  There’s just so many to choose from.

Likely seeing so many teams losing star players and still being competitive, like Indiana.  Current construct can't win without Wall because it was built totally dependent on him, save Beal going supernova.

1 minute ago, bearrock said:

I saw the thread added two pages worth of activity in a day and thought "Wait.  No way.  Really?!?!?!"

Then I saw the glorious news.  

This might be one of those times where you'll always remember where you were when you heard the news.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I hope the new GM can find a way to keep Beal.  I agree with wanting a purging otherwise, only Beal and Wall safe.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This might be one of those times where you'll always remember where you were when you heard the news.

I was heading to Harpers first game back in DC.