Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Did you all see how theh won? Game was tied, Jokic going up for layup and Portis shoves his back.... he missed layup, no foul was called and Jokic got so pissed he got himself double techs.

What incentive do any players have to tank?

1 hour ago, Destino said:

That should be the title of his biography.  

My home boy (who yall may recall I said is his masseuse or some such bull) WILL NOT return my phone calls asking why this is happening. I have left him 23 voicemails to date and plan to continue. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

Drafting Culver doesn't make sense when this team has Brown, Wall, Beal and Sato

Gotta go BPA when you pick early in the NBA draft.  Passing on them can be franchise altering.  This team is also in a period of transition, and there is no guarantee that anybody but Wall will be here long term, and it looks likely that Wall will be a significantly diminished player when he finally comes back.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 10:56 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Very costly win.

Extremely so.  Wizards dropped from 6th in the lottery to 9th because of that win.  Drops chances to get the first overall from 9% to 4.5%, and the lowest possible pick from 10 to 13th.  

Ted needs to get his head out of his ass and tank.

• Sad 1

in a karmic justice kind of way it would be nice if the basketball gods smiled on the Wizards for not tanking and somehow we landed lottery gold. I find it hard to believe that will happen and really doubt the lottery is purely chance, but it would be a fitting reward for a team that flops, flounders, fails, but never said gave up.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

Extremely so.  Wizards dropped from 6th in the lottery to 9th because of that win.  Drops chances to get the first overall from 9% to 4.5%, and the lowest possible pick from 10 to 13th.   

Ted needs to get his head out of his ass and tank. 

Gotta hope the Grizzlies, Pelicans, and Mavs all win at least one more game and the WIzards lose out.  Luckily the Celtics and Spurs still have something to play for.

Knowing the WIzards, they'll end the year on a five game winning streak.  They've perfected the art of the meaningless end of season run to kill their lottery chances.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

in a karmic justice kind of way it would be nice if the basketball gods smiled on the Wizards for not tanking and somehow we landed lottery gold. I find it hard to believe that will happen and really doubt the lottery is purely chance, but it would be a fitting reward for a team that flops, flounders, fails, but never said gave up.

Oh they gave up.  You can see it in the wholesale abandonment of defense.  Just did so without the appearance of giving up so they could still sell some tickets.  The only thing the team has been playing for the last few months was to get Beal on the All-NBA third team.

In a perverse way, tanking is actually the competitive move.  It works and it's how you go from a perennial dead dog 7-10 seed to a contender when your management sucks.

Looking at the schedules for New Orleans, Dallas, and Memphis:

- The Pelicans should beat the Suns

- The Mavs and Grizzlies play each other twice, somebody has to win those.  They also play the Suns.  They'll probably win at least two more.

- The Grizzlies might have one or two more wins in them.  Split with the Mavs and beat the Pistons?

Regardless, the Wizards absolutely can not win another game if they are to have any hope of jumping to 6th in the lottery order.  Shut Beal down.  Continuing to play him is the ****ing height of stupidity.  Sato, Troy Brown, Chasson Randle, Devin Robinson, Wesley Johnson, Bobby Portis, Sam Dekker, and Thomas Bryant should be playing a playoff rotation.

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

They raise the white flag every day Grunfeld remains employed. Why does a team that keeps him in service deserve riches?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26387847/answering-zion-big-nba-draft-questions-now

This is the first year with the new lottery rules, which make it much less likely that a league-worst team such as the Knicks lands the No. 1 pick -- and much more likely that a team in the middle jumps up.

BRING ZION TO DC

if he comes to dc i will be the first to buy a 250 dollar Williamson jersey and I will be worl'd biggest WIZARDS fan

Edited by ixcuincle
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ixcuincle said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26387847/answering-zion-big-nba-draft-questions-now

This is the first year with the new lottery rules, which make it much less likely that a league-worst team such as the Knicks lands the No. 1 pick -- and much more likely that a team in the middle jumps up.

BRING ZION TO DC

if he comes to dc i will be the first to buy a 250 dollar Williamson jersey and I will be worl'd biggest WIZARDS fan

I would too but I wouldnt tell yall until Ernie was gone    >_> 

Winning the lottery and landing Zion is the only way that this team will ever have a chance to win anything with Ernie at GM.  NBA teams with **** management can't win unless they stumble into generational talents, and even then winning is not pre-ordained.  Cleveland and New Orleans can attest to that.