Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Now now, don't be so rash. Once that GM shows he can actually do something then we'll see if it's safe to start bandwagoning. It's not like the Wizards were any good with GM's prior to Ernie (remember the awful ass 80's and 90's teams, remember WES UNSELD GM? Michael Jordan?) Again, drafting Zion would be a start but just building a team around Wall and Beal that can make the playoffs regularly would be helpful. We need power forwards and centers. No Culver, doesn't fit a need. Hope like hell you get Zion and if they don't get someone else to enforce the paint 

Wall and Beal are two of the best guards in the Eastern Conference. This is known fact. Trying to trade or give up on them is stupid. 

Edited by ixcuincle

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I was out on this franchise until he was fired. I can now pay attention again this offseason.

you describe a lot of the dc sports fanbase. Wizards by far had most apathetic fanbase of all 4 DC teams. Many people just flat out quit following the team during Ernie's tenure. They had one 49 win season which was his best effort...in 15 years lol  (btw...STILL no 50+ win season or ecf appearances since 1979...) 

Just now, spjunkies said:

and 1067 wouildn't talk about this because they're too busy talking about who the Redskins are going to draft in 2019 :rofl89:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

you describe a lot of the dc sports fanbase. Wizards by far had most apathetic fanbase of all 4 DC teams. Many people just flat out quit following the team during Ernie's tenure.

The Wizards, and the NBA as a whole, has always been dead last on my sports radar. For as long as I can remember, they've been losers. Even when they had those blips of semi-success in the mid-2000s and with Wall, you knew they weren't going anywhere. 

• Like 2