Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

Beal is flying so high this season the haters can’t touch him. 

With Ariza done these last few games, Jeff Green hobbled, hopefully they ease off on Beal's workload too. Keep him healthy, end the season on a high note (Ernie).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

With Ariza done these last few games, Jeff Green hobbled, hopefully they ease off on Beal's workload too. Keep him healthy, end the season on a high note (Ernie).

Beal should be playing 20ish minutes a night just to give fans their money’s worth.  

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Jus saw on my BR that Brooks is safe for next year.  I'm not buying it, GM has to make that call.

Maybe ted changed his mind and wants to tank.  Brooks’ “coaching” would certainly help that along.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Jus saw on my BR that Brooks is safe for next year.  I'm not buying it, new GM has to make that call.

New GM should make the call, they dont have to make the call. Ted could make the call for them that Brooks stays and they wind up getting whatever GM goes along with the condition. 

GM jobs are hard to get, I can totally see somebody going along with the "Brooks stays" stipulation in order to secure the gig.  Especially if they respect Brooks as a coach.

And I don't think it means they'd necessarily not get somebody good to replace Ernie.

5 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Ernie's parting gift was not trading either one or both of them.

Edited by justice98
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Destino said:

Maybe ted changed his mind and wants to tank.  Brooks’ “coaching” would certainly help that along.

It really depends on what he means by looking at what works for other franchises. 

The truth behind tanking is it works to get lottery picks, but can't be a sustainable plan to build a contender.  Even if you hit on a player or two, you have to have a solid front office to make the most of them and build around them for sustained success. 

If I had to guess, him calling Beal and Wall after firing Ernie is saying out loud he hopes this pick coming up is a third piece to put with them.

43 minutes ago, Destino said:

Confidential conversation with the new GM: "We're broke and can't afford to pay two coaches.  Scott will get you a top five pick next year and you can sell this as keeping him around because of his reputation for developing young players.  We'll fire him the year after."

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Watching The Talk, Brian Windhorst says the GM job is very in demand...

The sort of job security the wizards can offer can’t be beat.  Ernie practically had to burn the building down before Ted fired him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Jus saw on my BR that Brooks is safe for next year.  I'm not buying it, new GM has to make that call.

right. To make that decision BEFORE you hire a new GM is stupid.

That said, if you're a new GM and you know it's going to take years to tear it down and rebuild on a proper foundation. Then why pay for two coaches including the one you fired? Might as well save your new boss a few bucks while you're blowing everything up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

#1. Don't look at your NHL franchise on how to build an NBA one.

#2. Invest in all the things that happen out of the public eye and focus on that 1st.

- Is your scouting on par with the league? How can you make it better?

- Training/Health/Fitness of our players. Can you innovate there?

- Reboot that culture. Everyone must be held accountable. From the GM to the summer intern. Look at the best run franchises in sports. What they do well isn't a secret. 

#3. - Then do the little things to make fans happen. Concessions being much cheaper. Things to keep engaged while you rebuild.

• Thanks 2

going to proudly watch this game and root for a respectable loss. give the new guy the best ammo possible heading into the draft

Drew Gooden saying he's appalled and that Ernie deserves a standing ovation

giphy.gif

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Haha 6

29 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Drew Gooden saying he's appalled and that Ernie deserves a standing ovation

giphy.gif

Stop it, no he didn't?! Gooden, you the worst.  Can we get rid of Ernies flunkies while we at it?  Free punch for everyone that thought firing him was a bad idea.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

right. To make that decision BEFORE you hire a new GM is stupid.

Why I'm hoping we aren't wasting this good will and injection into the fan base.

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

That said, if you're a new GM and you know it's going to take years to tear it down and rebuild on a proper foundation. Then why pay for two coaches including the one you fired? Might as well save your new boss a few bucks while you're blowing everything up.

It really does depend on what Ted wants out of the remaining Wall years.  I doubt he want them to jua be a transitition period.  Brooks is who is he is and should be fired for it it if we want more.