Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2011/12/jan-vesely-czech-qa-girlfriend-coming-to-dc-on-christmas-hears-flip-likes-white-players.html

What do you know about the coach? Flip Saunders is known for having a thick playbook.

I received a few things from him, and really, there’s a lot of plays in his playbook. It’s going to be hard to get to know everything, but it’s just a matter of time. I don’t know how much he trusts rookies, but I heard that he likes white players, so we’ll see.

:ols:

Anyone saying Wall is overrated is in for surprise. He was playing at 65% last season and basically couldn't jump. He said he is healthy now, and light years away from where he was entering last season. There is not a defender in the league who can stay in front of him. He will be able to get to the rim at will. The Wiz will be THE place FA want to go next offseason so they can play with Wall. Watch

Anyone else think dunks get too much hype? Watching that Wall highlight I'm more interested in watching him get to the basket then simply seeing him dunk. The best basketball usually comes before the shot/dunk. His acceleration, lateral quickness, and the ability to basically stop on a dime and make his defender look foolish is what makes Wall an exciting player. I

You could tell he wasn't right last year. I mean he rarely dunked, and struggled when he did. When you have a 43-inch two-step vertical and that's happening, somethings not right.

I wonder if he's grown at all. 6'4" last year, I read several articles about how they expect him to get up to 6'6". I get hard thinking about that. 6'6" PG with his handles, his speed, his explosiveness. If he gets his shot right we're talking about a top 3 player. Plus he's a leader. Really, let people sleep. It'll be fun to mock them when Wall becomes official.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

You could tell he wasn't right last year. I mean he rarely dunked, and struggled when he did. When you have a 43-inch two-step vertical and that's happening, somethings not right.

I wonder if he's grown at all. 6'4" last year, I read several articles about how they expect him to get up to 6'6". I get hard thinking about that. 6'6" PG with his handles, his speed, his explosiveness. If he gets his shot right we're talking about a top 3 player. Plus he's a leader. Really, let people sleep. It'll be fun to mock them when Wall becomes official.

Sounds like you are describing him growing into a shooting guard.

Edited by Destino

I guess my biggest thing is I want to be a fan of a team that works hard every night, plays fundamental ball (good luck, in the NBA :ols:) and will at least be IN games more often than not.

The Indiana Pacers would be a good team for you to follow. Young group of players the play hard every night, but don't win as often as they deserve.

Last year he struggled with injuries, at the begining of the season he was dunking like crazy then once the Wizards mishandled his injury he could barely get up, Also at Kentucky the man was flying.

I thought Wall came into the year a little flabby and needed too hit the gym and eat right, looking at him he had zero muscle tone. In that highlight video the man almost look like Derrick Rose body wise! I also like fire he had in the video telling the guy YOU CAN'T GUARD ME, THIS IS TOO EASY.

Sounds like you are describing him growing into a shooting guard.

No, he's a pass first PG. He has the vision for it and it's what he wants to do. And I hope he doesn't change. Being able to score at will just makes him that more deadlier in that role though.

Last year he struggled with injuries, at the begining of the season he was dunking like crazy then once the Wizards mishandled his injury he could barely get up, Also at Kentucky the man was flying.

I thought Wall came into the year a little flabby and needed too hit the gym and eat right, looking at him he had zero muscle tone. In that highlight video the man almost look like Derrick Rose body wise! I also like fire he had in the video telling the guy YOU CAN'T GUARD ME, THIS IS TOO EASY.

I'm not sure the Wiz mishandled the injury exactly. I think they were just trying to cover up the real issue.

BTW, I posted that same vid a week ago. I win.

One last thing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/john-wall-on-the-wizards-needs/2011/05/11/AFbW9OrG_blog.html

Coach Flip Saunders had a few thoughts on Wednesday. This came on 106.7 The Fan’s Sports Junkies, ......

Saunders also said Wall appears to be an inch taller than he was when the Wizards drafted him, and that he might peak at close to 6-foot-6.

“That’s one of the reason he’s had...that soreness below his knee,” Saunders said. “Sometimes it’s caused by guys that are going through growth spurts. He’s gonna continue to get bigger and bigger.”

Laker fans are due a decade or two of mediocrity. Seriously, is there a more spoiled fan base in all of sports than Lakers fans? I guess Yankees but even the Lakers have won more recently.

Now that they're not getting Howard, I could see them falling off quite a bit this year. Kobe is aging and Gasol, Bynum, and Odom are stuck playing on a team that tried to get rid of them. If they still had Phil coaching them they'd be fine but Mike Brown is going to be in over his head. He could barely handle one ego in good old Cleveland, the LA media is going to crush him.

You know, after my twitter exchange with him (Blatche), some DC chick hit me up on there and started telling me stories. About him in the club, him with girls she knows...and some more. Nasty mother****er.

Anyway, I prefer this guys style:

janinsert.jpg

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Anyway, I prefer this guys style:

Czechs and Slovaks are awesome people...and they know how to party....plus he heard the coach likes white players :pfft:

Does Jan have a twitter? I cant find it

He has also become my favorite player....he is wearing my number, he's from Czechoslovakia...and he's tall and lanky like me.

374594_10150415633163741_29805028740_8554481_838455724_n.jpg

Edited by The Brave Little Toaster Oven

GACOLB, i think you are maybe getting a little obsessed with Blatche. Now dont get me wrong. I dislike the guy. I have disliked him since he was drafted, and ive been pretty vocal about it. But having multiple exchanges with him through twitter? Sharing these twitter exchanges with everyone. Talking to some chick about his private life and airing dirty laundry? I think thats a bit much.

GACOLB' date=' i think you are maybe getting a little obsessed with Blatche. Now dont get me wrong. I dislike the guy. I have disliked him since he was drafted, and ive been pretty vocal about it. But having multiple exchanges with him through twitter? Sharing these twitter exchanges with everyone. Talking to some chick about his private life and airing dirty laundry? I think thats a bit much.[/quote']

I think we need to hear more