Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

So are we going to amnesty Rashard or not? We have to use it by Friday. There's absolutely no reason not to. All of these other sonsa****es like the Magic and the Caveliers are using theirs.

I still hate that this was a part of the new CBA. It screws us over by diminishing our competitive advantage for having such a good cap situation moving forward. I hate anything where the primary beneficiaries are Otis Smith and the Lakers.

So are we going to amnesty Rashard or not? We have to use it by Friday. There's absolutely no reason not to. All of these other sonsa****es like the Magic and the Caveliers are using theirs.

I still hate that this was a part of the new CBA. It screws us over by diminishing our competitive advantage for having such a good cap situation moving forward. I hate anything where the primary beneficiaries are Otis Smith and the Lakers.

I thought you were allowed the amnesty until the end of the CBA? Nevertheless, we will not be amnestying Shard. We can't really because we'd have to spend that $ anyway to get back to the salary floor.

Plus, Shard expires in 2013 anyway, so I could see us keeping him and then trying to trade him in the 2013 trade deadline when we're in the middle of what should be a playoff run(remember I'm talking NEXT season)for what should land a pretty big haul as $20+ Mil in expiring salary will make a lot of teams drool.

I thought you were allowed the amnesty until the end of the CBA? Nevertheless, we will not be amnestying Shard. We can't really because we'd have to spend that $ anyway to get back to the salary floor.

Plus, Shard expires in 2013 anyway, so I could see us keeping him and then trying to trade him in the 2013 trade deadline when we're in the middle of what should be a playoff run(remember I'm talking NEXT season)for what should land a pretty big haul as $20+ Mil in expiring salary will make a lot of teams drool.

Apparently, amnestied contracts still count towards the salary floor.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/12/06/details-of-amnesty-provision-emerge/

• The salary of any player waived via the amnesty clause will continue to count toward the salary floor. This could be of major interest to a team such as the Wizards, who would fall so far under the salary floor (about $49 million per team) by using amnesty on Rashard Lewis as to make the provision almost unworkable for them this season. But if Lewis’ $20.6 million salary continues to count toward that floor — and not against the cap — even after amnesty, the provision is more useful in the short term. Regardless, the Wizards indicated last week that they will not use the amnesty clause on Lewis this season. That makes some sense, considering this center-heavy free-agent class doesn’t have much to offer a team trying to develop its own big man (JaVale McGee).

here's the video:

Oh My God. At first it seems as if Wall is playing nonchalantly (doesnt seem to care). The ball gets stripped he puts the after burners on and stuff's it in his face :hysterical:

Im looking forward seeing him play this year. His a beast

Oh My God. At first it seems as if Wall is playing nonchalantly (doesnt seem to care). The ball gets stripped he puts the after burners on and stuff's it in his face :hysterical:

Im looking forward seeing him play this year. His a beast

Javale was pretty nonchalant as well. If I was Flip, they'd be running laps the rest of practice.

Thats too bad. Heard good things about Dray.

Anyway, John Thompson is broadcasting from the Verizon Center right now.

Just listened to an interview with Chris Singleton.

Contract year for McGee it will be interesting to see what he does with it. I've heard he's been working on his low post scoring and positioning but I can't bring myself to actually believe that or even picture it in my head.

As for Blatche... I'm hoping he's worked on his footwork enough to appear like a more efficient low post scoring option. We just need someone to want him so we can at the very least get rid of his salary.

Apparently, amnestied contracts still count towards the salary floor.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/12/06/details-of-amnesty-provision-emerge/

Well I did not know that. Why aren't we amnestying Shard then? Maybe we're just that desperate for a SF but I'd rather just start Singleton and take my lumps since we're rebuilding anyway. Either that or Ted doesn't want him off the roster if he's going to have to pay him anyway, or perhaps we'll amnesty Blatche next year. Remember that Shard does expire in 2013 so if we're a playoff team by 2012-13 he'd make a VERY valuable trade piece at the deadline.