Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah with all this Lakers/Paul stuff, Kosher is due to try to make himself feel like less of a douche for being a bandwagon-jumping, little...

I'll stop there.

Yeah you probably should. Get it through your thick skull. I have never liked the Bullets. Never liked the Wizards never will. They have to have a bandwagon to be on before someone jumps off of it. The Bullets/Wizards have suffered through mediocrity for pretty much YOUR entire life. I was in DC when they won a championship and were relevant. Been to plenty of games at the Cap Centre and MCI when it opened was walking distance from my house. I was simply never a fan of the team.

gross. he doesnt do ****. id rather have tyson chandler :ols:

chandler and mcgee would be a pretty sweet tandem...alley-oops all day from Wall

Half-court offense would suffer though. They got like 3 offensive moves between them (inlcuding McGee free throw sky hook :doh:)

Turiaf is a high energy big body to eat some minutes if one our bigs gets into foul trouble. Probably doesn't hurt to have him helping Seraphin.

It looks like we are rolling with the same team as last year for the most part. We sucked last year but towards the end of the year we were much more competitive so with Wall's progession and the team jells more I think we can win 10 more games in this shorten season.

Looking at the training camp videos on washingtonwizards.com which don't show much but at least we have something too look at that previews our team. Wall is pushing the pace at a insane rate, Crawford and Mack look very good. Everyone looks like they are in great shape, Blatche looks like he finally developed a few muscles, Saraphin looks like he's toned up and Booker looks like a brick wall. The ball movement looked great Blatche made some great passes from the post, passing is a strength for him when he does pass which he don't do enough. I am expecting John Wall too average at least 18 and 10 this year I want the ball in his hands more and run through him almost entirely and let him decide what he wants too do with the ball not passing too Nick Young and Blatche so earily in the shot clock.

Any news on Nick Young? did we or anybody make any offers

Edited by SiCkSoULjA

gross. he doesnt do ****. id rather have tyson chandler :ols:

chandler and mcgee would be a pretty sweet tandem...alley-oops all day from Wall

Of course you'd rather have Tyson Chandler in comparison to Turiaf. However, you're (along with everyone else) is going to be laughing at the contract he gets in a matter of days. He's a good player, but he's going to be SEVERELY overpaid by the Knicks. Turiaf is a high-energy guy....he's a good guy and hopefully some of his professionalism will rub off on Blatche and McGee. Also, he can mentor Seraphin. I'm not expecting much, if anything from Turiaf. He'll play 10-15 minutes of high-energy basketball. Good guy to have on the roster and he was cheap. No biggie.

My initial reaction was that Turiaf is this years version of Yi/Armstrong. That one big man who sucks so bad but is a coaches favorite for some stupid reason no one knows.

After reading the reaction from Knicks fans, Warriors fans etc. it seems like Turiaf was well liked wherever he went. High energy, good for team morale, leader in the locker room and can give quality minutes if he plays 5-10 minutes every night.

I like both the Roger Mason and Turiaf acquisitions. It also seems like Earl Watson will be signing here. These are all veteran players who can keep the knuckleheads in check.

Also looking forward to no Yi on this roster. Worst player ever.

Like having RMJ back :)

Washington, DC – The Washington Wizards announced today that they have acquired forward/center Ronny Turiaf, a 2013 second round pick and cash considerations from the New York Knicks along with a 2012 second round pick from the Dallas Mavericks. The three-team deal also sends Tyson Chandler, the rights to Ahmad Nivins and the rights to Giorgos Printezis from Dallas to New York while the Mavericks will receive Andy Rautins from the Knicks and a 2012 protected second round pick from the Wizards.
So basically we give up a protected 2nd round pick and in return get Turiaf, cash, 2012 2nd round pick and 2013 2nd round pick. Well done Grunfeld :)

This is a proposal from another message board.

If Leonsis has the cajones, I think he could make a bid for Howard. The key is, to get our team good enough for Howard to want to play here, kinda like how the Celtics acquired Ray Allen before wooing Garnett. Here's how to do it:

1. Amnesty Lewis

2. Sign Billups, Richard Jefferson and Nick Young.

3. Trade McGee, Vesely, Mack and our 2012 1st for Howard (that offer beats Bynum and filler or Beaubois and filler that LA and Dallas would offer)

Future lineup:

PG Wall/Billups

SG Billups/Young

SF RJefferson/Singleton

PF Blatche/Booker

C Howard/Turiaf

Deep bench: Crawford, Seraphin, Mason, Mo Evans (if we can get him for the minimum)

That's a top 4 team in the East immediately, and a contender in another year once Wall is ready. Billups already knows the system. Over time, our youngsters (Crawford, Young, Singleton, Seraphin) should be ready to step in as the veterans' (Billups, Jefferson, Turiaf) contracts expire.

Ernie doesn't have the cajones to pull that off. He is a wait and see GM, almost to cringe worthy extent. We had multiple opportunities to improve once we had a legitimate superstar in Gilbert and we chose to go the mediocre route instead of taking risky but high potential moves.

As much as we need another lotto pick next year, becoming a playoff caliber team this year will go a long way in attracting players to play with Wall. Nobody worth a max contract will want to sign with a loser.

Now is not the time to go out and get big name guys. We need to further develop our own guys for at least another year. We have too many unknown factors to start pushing the chips all in now. I like the idea of going out and making big deals as much as anyone but not yet, not for this team.

Get a high pick in 2012, draft another star caliber player, amnesty Shard, and see what's available next summer.

By the way what's the deal with Young? I haven't heard him in ANY rumors. I guess that tells you how the rest of the league feels about him eh?

By the way what's the deal with Young? I haven't heard him in ANY rumors. I guess that tells you how the rest of the league feels about him eh?

Just coming in here to ask that. Haven't heard a single thing from anyone. Figure that just means he's negotiating with the Wiz and there are no other rumors concerning other teams

---------- Post added December-12th-2011 at 10:39 AM ----------

BTW, we resigned Hamady

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=8779

I really like the Turiaf pick up. He will give us a hard nose, veteran presence and we gave up nothing to get him. "I know they lost 15 games by three points or less so maybe I can help by bringing a little bit of experience, being out there, the key rebound, key stops, the key steals."

Why not sign a Roger Mason? I just hope this doesn't mean we have no interest in re-signing Nick Young.

I'm not sure what the hold up is with Young. He's losing a lot of preparation time during this shortened training camp/preseason.

the hold up is he wants a multi year deal (I don't blame him) and the Wizards have not offered him one, nor has any other team. I figured his lack of interest throughout the league would enable us to give him something on the lines of a 4 year 20 million dollar deal....maybe even 25. That would be a bargain.

the hold up is he wants a multi year deal (I don't blame him) and the Wizards have not offered him one, nor has any other team. I figured his lack of interest throughout the league would enable us to give him something on the lines of a 4 year 20 million dollar deal....maybe even 25. That would be a bargain.

Or he could choose to sign the qualifying offer and become a ufa next season. Either way, it doesn't look like his contract will be a problem for us, unless some team goes crazy in the last minute.