Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Sorry Gents, I am a tad bit older than all of you. I have told this stpry many times. Ugh.

And Caron is an average player. Or a good player on a otherwise crappy team. However you want to look at it, he has never been anything special.

Fact is, we traded a legitimate scrub for a good player. It was a terrific trade for us. It was, at the time, an awful trade for LA. Once Kwame's contract reached expiring status, thus making him incredibly valuable to a rebuilding team like Memphis, you were able to parlay him for Gasol. To suggest that the Wizards didn't anally rape the Lakers in this trade at the time that it occured is, well, dumb. :)

Really? Why not?

Its a weak free agent class this year, keeping Rashard keeps us closer to the salary cap floor. If we used amnesty, we'd end up tying up future dollars on a bunch of role players. This move gives us flexibility for the stronger free agent class next season.

Edited by StillUnknown

Comical is the level of homerism that you diehard Wiz fans display.

And it is your favorite team, not your team.

Even if you're right and Caron is average to above average that still a great deal better than horribly bad. Kwame told Kobe not to pass him the ball even if open. That's the player they got (and soon got rid of) in exchange for a starting SF. But when a team is routinely 50% or more over the cap what does it matter? Just sign someone else and fix it.

Here's what you guys need to understand about my man Kosher. He has a complex when it comes tto the Wizards. And I'm not even kidding. He considers himself a Washingtonian through and through: great Skins fan and would root for the Caps and Nats as weell. But he sold out and became just another bandwagon-jumping douche "fan" when it came to the NBA. And it bothers him inside. That's why he spends more time talking about the Wizards/Bullets and trolling their fans than any other Lakers "fan" in the history of the world.

We go through this every season. You would think the smart thing to do, the right thing to do, would to just become a Wiz fan and support your hometown. But he's too stubborn for that. Instead he's going to be irrational and talk nonsense most of the time--to justify his Laker bandwagon "fandom" anyway he can; to sleep at night. So don't take it personal. Just smile, nod, and pray for his soul.

And Kosher, you're closer to 40 than 50. So let's not act like you're a Lakers fan because your grandpa was from Minnesota and you had a thing for Mikan's boxout.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Can you use the amnesty half way through the season. Blatche should be given a two month window. Give him the boot afterwards.

Keep hope alive, he could be traded by them. The Mavs could use another former Wizard to give dirk a 5 min break here and there. lol

If the Wiz/David West rumors are true, that should tell you how they view Blatche.

Yup. Mark my words: Regardless of whether we get West or not, Blatche will not be a Wizard by the end of the season. Some team will get desperate and think they can turn this lazy, 6-11 "talent" into a decent player.

This is probably all wishful thinking . . . Knowing the Wizards luck, he'll do just enough for EG and Ted to want to keep him around.

If the Wiz/David West rumors are true, that should tell you how they view Blatche.

I have no problem with trading Blatche but I don't want to replace him with David West.

A 31 year old with limited upside and not to mention the fact that he's coming off of a torn ACL.

---------- Post added December-1st-2011 at 04:47 PM ----------

C'mon man....:doh:

Yup. Mark my words: Regardless of whether we get West or not, Blatche will not be a Wizard by the end of the season. Some team will get desperate and think they can turn this lazy, 6-11 "talent" into a decent player.

This is probably all wishful thinking . . . Knowing the Wizards luck, he'll do just enough for EG and Ted to want to keep him around.

I think they gotta know by now that he is what he is. That the "flashes" don't mean ****. I'm real curious to see what kind of shape he's in. Part of me wants him to be in the Shawn Kemp/Vin Baker post-lockout mold--just so I can say "I told you so". That'll kill his trade value though so in the end I hope he actually was working out all offseason...in Miami. I'm not holding my breath though.

I have no problem with trading Blatche but I don't want to replace him with David West.

A 31 year old with limited upside and not to mention the fact that he's coming off of a torn ACL.

I'm not opposed outright to signing David West. It all depends on the contract. I could see him going the Josh Howard route. A one year deal at a few mil. Let him showcase his skills for a year, prove that he's healthy and then come back next year for the bigger contract. I think he would probably be a great leader on a young team like ours. And he doesn't have a dumb**** past like Howard that might soften/diminish that side of things.

---------- Post added December-1st-2011 at 04:47 PM ----------

C'mon man....:doh:

He chose his team. He doesn't understand. He can't.

How the hell can anything I said be labeled as "homerism"? Caron Butler was a good player for MY (YES "MY" DAMMIT) team. I never said he was top 50 all time or anything...I just wont ever get why other fans come on other teams boards especially when there is NO rivalry between the teams...that's weird man

Keep hope alive, he could be traded by them. The Mavs could use another former Wizard to give dirk a 5 min break here and there. lol

I can't imagine a team giving up anything substantial for him. Most likely we'll get an equally mediocre, maybe less talented player than him. I'd rather just cut him and keep the money in hand to use down the road.

I think the reason Kwame still had value was because of his draft status. Blatche is a lazy ass, who fell out of the lottery into the 2nd round because he's an idiot. It's pretty obvious by now that teams made the right call on him. He's still lazy and still an idiot.

I can't imagine a team giving up anything substantial for him. Most likely we'll get an equally mediocre, maybe less talented player than him. I'd rather just cut him and keep the money in hand to use down the road.

I think the reason Kwame still had value was because of his draft status. Blatche is a lazy ass, who fell out of the lottery into the 2nd round because he's an idiot. It's pretty obvious by now that teams made the right call on him. He's still lazy and still an idiot.

I'm not asking for much. I'm asking for something. :)

The Lakers turned Brown into Gasol and at the time needed big men to take up space. I wouldn't say they were fleeced so much. The Wiz got Butler and Atkins not exactly World beaters either.

Butler was the 2nd/3rd best guy on our team for about 4 years after that. There was more to the Gasol trade than just Kwame Brown.

Butler was the 2nd/3rd best guy on our team for about 4 years after that. There was more to the Gasol trade than just Kwame Brown.

Kwame was simply an expiring contract in that deal. Marc Gasol, who the Grizzlies are very happy with, was also part of that trade.

Really? Why not?

Don't need to use it. Might as well save that trump card for when we're up against the cap and need the room to sign a piece that can help us make a run.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 02:44 AM ----------

David West is a soft son of a *****. I hate that guy. Easily my least favorite NBA player. I hope to hell he doesn't come here. I've hated him since college.

Don't need to use it. Might as well save that trump card for when we're up against the cap and need the room to sign a piece that can help us make a run.

i could be wrong, but I think you have to use the amnesty this year before the season or you lose it. I don't think you can keep it for years to come.