Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

And I think that one of Howard, Griffin, or Cousins will be coming here in the next couple of years.

I agree. I think it'll be Cousins. And I'm OK with that. He'll be the third part of our big three with whoever this top 8 stud we're getting in this draft class ends up being--Michael Gilchrist or Quincy Miller or Anthony Davis or Harrison Barnes, etc.

It'd be nice if someone found a way to void KD's contract with OKC--plant steroids in his wheaties or something. Then he could come and play in DC where he belongs.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 03:59 PM ----------

I'm sure you can't wait. Phony fans just like to drop in every once in a while and pretend to care about the team. Now you don't even have to do that.

It'd suck to have the season canceled, but I still think it could be good for the Wizards long term. We're young, probably younger than anyone else in the league. Beyond that, you've got to figure the draft system they'd come up with for the lottery this year would be beneficial to us given how bad we've been the past several years. We might get good this year a month or two in and play our way into the late lottery and miss out on what should be a pretty nice top 8 or so.

We are going to end up with a top 5-8 pick either way. This team still sucks. I'd rather watch them play and get experience rather than sit out a season. People seem to think a full lockout will somehow magically cure the league's problems which is simply not true or realistic.

We are going to end up with a top 5-8 pick either way. This team still sucks. I'd rather watch them play and get experience rather than sit out a season. People seem to think a full lockout will somehow magically cure the league's problems which is simply not true or realistic.

I don't know. We started winning games last year once we got rid of most of our toxic locker room chemistry. Plus by all accounts, Wall has made a quantam leap forward into the stratosphere of great player, He's keeping pace with KD all summer. Teams with great players don't end up with high lottery picks.

I definitely don't trust this team to stay bad and keep from moving forward into mediocrity. Flip will have to play Javale and Blatche 40 minutes a game for the year for us to keep losing at a top 5 pick rate.

• 2 weeks later...

http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA

YahooSportsNBA Yahoo! Sports NBA

by WojYahooNBA

NBA, players union make "significant" progress toward ending the lockout.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Says one source briefed on talks: "They need (Thursday) to punch it over end-line."

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

Silver: "No question we made progress on some significant issues..."

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

What the hell is this fool thinking by saying something so ridiculous? :doh::doh::doh:

By the way, what is it with Washington athletes saying ridiculous things lately in the media? First that bum Rex Grossman declares that we will win the NFC East, then gets benched for after having the worst game of the season league wide at QB (that's not all, he also has the worst QB rating among all NFL QB's), then Tim Hightower saying that we'll win the Superbowl. Now this kid runs his mouth making outlandish statements that only bring unwarranted & unnecessary attention to his team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Jordan-Crawford-who-thinks-he-8216-can-be-b?urn=nba-wp9911

Edited by samy316

When you read the original story, its not so bad. He's saying that's his mindset before he steps on the court. He's one of those, "every athlete thinks they're the best" types.

In the original story, this quote means more to me:

“It’s real tough for me, because I want to prove how much of a winner I am,” Crawford said. “More than how much of a scorer or stats, I just want to win. That’s what I want to prove and that’s what I want to bring to D.C. Once you bring that winning attitude to everybody, anything can happen.”

Yeah don't have a problem with it. Confident kid being confident. Shocking.

Nice quote though SU. Wall has the exact same mindset. And it's great. Perfect. Exactly the type of players you want. Unfortunately it's the exact OPPOSITE mindset of Blatche and ESPECIALLY McGee. (Not sure where NY's head is these days. He seems to have grown, but I'm not completely sold yet.)

I have not read through this entire thread, but does anyone here own a business and gives the employees 57 percent of the profit? If so can you explain that rationale after paying healthcare, bonuses, sick leave, vacation time, plus supply the tools and materials for them to succeed?

Can anyone here tell me why the majority of the player representattives are athletes who have very little knowledge of finanace, macro and micro economics and such, but feel as though they are entitled to represent and future players and HOF players. Some with just 1 year of college or higher education, Lebron none. How many would start a business and say to the employees you are guaranteed 57 percent of the profit, before we pay your expenses.

These players are ridiculous and I hope the owners Close them out. Too bad they cant get replacement players.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about doing a separate thread for this but **** it, I don't really care outside of the Wizards.

2012 NBA draft prospects watch

I figure we don't have the NBA, we can at least watch the prospects that will be a available to us when we do indeed draft again. Please post time and channels to watch games (I work like a dog these days so I'm forever lost.)

Now to the player that spurred this post: Austin Rivers. I'm not seeing it. It's only the third game into his college career but he's showing no flashes, hardly getting any burn whatsoever for Duke, and just looks lost beyond belief. People were talking about him being the #1 overall pick not too long ago.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I should be a GM.

Yeah that unibrow really is something special to look at.

You ain't kidding. I seriously try to watch vids of the guy and I just keep finding myself focusing on the unibrow. **** has special powers or something. Not sure I've ever seen anything like it. I mean ****, does Davis not have advisers who can hook him?