Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah I was gonna say, NY has really, really stepped it up defensively. Him and Wall could be a VERY nice defensive backcourt. That's why, imo, NY needs to be starting and Crawford needs to be coming off the bench.

As far as Blatche, hey Vishal remember that game we went to last year where we sat behind the basket. I think skinfan2k was there too. Don't remember who they were playing but literally the ENTIRE game Blatche never left the top of the key. He just stood there, all game long. Catch and shoot from just inside 3. At six foot ****ing 11. We were screaming at him. Ugh. I really can't take another season.

And fwiw, I've seen rumors that good ol' Brenda is gonna be getting amnestyed.

The Lakers turned Brown into Gasol and at the time needed big men to take up space. I wouldn't say they were fleeced so much. The Wiz got Butler and Atkins not exactly World beaters either.

The Wizards turned Kwame Brown into All Star Caron Butler.

I'm more than satisfied.

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 02:50 PM ----------

MrMichaelLee Michael Lee

Roger Mason Jr. is interested in returning to #wizards. “It’s definitely at the top of my list, along with going back to New York."

MrMichaelLee Michael Lee

Jan Vesely still home in Czech Republic waiting for lockout to end so he can get work visa to join #wizards: wapo.st/taKvXY

I'm more than satisfied.

Moral of the story, bigs have value even when they shouldn't. Package Dre up nice and pretty and someone that needs length will bite. He's not efficient but he can score and hit free throws well enough which I think makes him appealing to a team that needs a scoring option off the bench. Assuming Leonsis doesn't actually think this guy is a future star I think this is what they'll do with Blatche.

I'm more than satisfied.

Satisfied with still being mediocre ?

And then traded him to Dallas where he could win a ring from the bench ?

Are you seriously suggesting that the deal was that good ? If Caron was so great why trade him to Dallas.

Are you seriously suggesting that the deal was that good ? If Caron was so great why trade him to Dallas.

To suggest that the trade to get Caron here for that MJ pick was anything but incredible shows how little you know about the Wizards . . . or basketball in general, for that matter. Caron became a critical piece in a team that went to the playoffs every year. With Kwame? Wizards did NOTHING. And if going to the playoffs consistently (especially after considering where this franchise has been) is mediocre, then damn . . . talk about some high standards.

We traded Caron because he realized this team was (at the time) a few years away from being "mediocre." It was a very smart move by the team. Have you never heard of getting rid of older guys for a brighter future? So let me guess. Were you a proponent of keeping Andre Carter, which would've stunted the growth of Kerrigan? Or how about McNabb, who would have done just enough to keep this team from landing a legitimate franchise QB?

It can't be an NBA season without Kosher Ham talking ****--because he PICKED a team that's won 20 titles to cheer for.

:cheers:

I was a Laker fan before they became "Showtime". That was many titles ago.

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 11:01 AM ----------

To suggest that the trade to get Caron here for that MJ pick was anything but incredible shows how little you know about the Wizards . . . or basketball in general, for that matter. Caron became a critical piece in a team that went to the playoffs every year. With Kwame? Wizards did NOTHING. And if going to the playoffs consistently (especially after considering where this franchise has been) is mediocre, then damn . . . talk about some high standards.

We traded Caron because he realized this team was (at the time) a few years away from being "mediocre." It was a very smart move by the team. Have you never heard of getting rid of older guys for a brighter future? So let me guess. Were you a proponent of keeping Andre Carter, which would've stunted the growth of Kerrigan? Or how about McNabb, who would have done just enough to keep this team from landing a legitimate franchise QB?

First off the NBA and NFL do not work in the same way.

Second, many teams make the playoffs every year that really have no chance (Lakers being one of them last season and many others).

Third, the Lakers were making the playoffs in the tougher West with that bum.

Fourth, yeah, I don't need another.

*clueless*

That Stacey Dash is pretty hot.

Not fair to say he "cant/wont pass" because they purposely ran a lot of the offense through him last year and expected him to shoot. He was the best scoring option we had last year. It isn't his job to facilitate, it is his job to score; and that's what he did.

As far as the defending...I'm not sure where you and everyone else who claims this gets their info...because you obviously don't watch the games. Nick Young is a pretty good defender and definitely the best perimeter defender on the team the past couple years.

You are correct that he doesn't rebound, and he really should.

I also don't understand how you can call Nick Young a stellar 6th man right after bashing him in all categories but shooting and after saying building a contender doesn't start with signing him. Every contender needs a good 6th man who can score off the bench. Every contender also needs a role player who can shoot threes and defend the perimeter.....Nick Young also excels in both of these categories.

Ok, well i watched almost every single game last year. So.. yea. I never said he wasnt the best scoring option on the team last year. He is a great scorer. He is the best shooter on the team. But the team seemed to play better without him IMO. I dont have the stats to back that up, nor am i going to go and grab them. Im just going by what i saw, and what ive seen over the past few years. This may be because he doesnt do the things that i mentioned very well if at all. I already stated my opinion about this to you last season though.

About the defending: I think it is a misconception that he is a great perimeter defender. I think Hinrich and Crawford, and maybe even Mo Evans (albeit not so much on the perimeter) were much better than NY. The fact that our team defense has been largely non-existent over the last 10 years only makes NY look amazing. But in reality he is not all that great in that regard. The rest of the team is just clueless as to how to defend.

Umm well thats because the 6th man's goal is to come in off the bench and score. The problem isnt that our team doesnt need him. Its that we dont need him to be our starting SG. We need him to be our 6th man. And will he be ok with that? No. Will he get paid like that? No. He is a terrific role player that any team would be fortunate to have. But he is a mediocre starter. I dont care what the stats say, there were alot of terrible shots taken by Young ( some of which went in, others were just asinine to attempt). As some others have mentioned, Crawford with one half of a season was much more effective in getting the team wins because he integrated the rest of the team into the offense rather than encourage everyone to stand around and watch. He drove to the basket, which is something Young almost never did. (although that 360 reverse layup was pretty sweet). Im not claiming Crawford has good shot selection because his is probably worse. But atleast he drives to the basket and gets others involved in the offense. This is something that NY should have learned by now. I want NY to be good. I believe he can be good. But i also believed that Arenas could play defense at some point and his knee would miraculously heal.

:cheers:

I was a Laker fan before they became "Showtime". That was many titles ago.

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 11:01 AM ----------

Second, many teams make the playoffs every year that really have no chance (Lakers being one of them last season and many others).

That Stacey Dash is pretty hot.

I can understand if you were astounded by people saying it was a franchise changing deal but to be astounded that people think that was a good deal, that is pretty odd. If it wasn't a good deal, was it a bad deal? What kind of deal do you think it was? I just don't understand how trading a player that has been a complete bust for a player that turned into an All-Star and brought some respectability to a franchise for a short period of time wouldn't be consider at least a good deal. No they didn't trade Brown for Dwight Howard or Tim Duncan but Butler could play, a lot better than Brown.

I fully agree with you that the NBA and NFL work differently. But for a team like the Wizards, who were in obvious rebuild mode, it makes sense to get rid of what assets you have that would not be in your long-term plan.

The Lakers obviously have a much higher standard of excellence than the Wizards. You can't compare them. For them, the first round win against New Orleans was expected. The second round loss to the Mavs was, at the time, considered a huge disappointment, despite being outplayed. For the Wizards, getting to the playoffs was certainly a noteworthy accomplishment. Labelling it mediocre implies failing to meet expectations.

Caron is a bum now? Kobe thinks differently.

Edited by RunClintonRun26

Ring from the bench? That suggests he was placed on the bench by choice. An injury knocked him out for the season.

Edited by Destino

@MrMichaelLee

Michael Lee

#wizards will probably have an open practice/scrimmage & a fan fest, but you won't see Midnight Madness(Tip-Off). Roster still incomplete

---------- Post added November-30th-2011 at 09:29 PM ----------

@sam_amick

Sam Amick

Source says Indiana, New Orleans, G. State and Washington have all expressed interest in former Hornets forward/2-time All-Star David West.

What he said. Seriously KH. Wake up brah.

Caron was an incredible player. Injuries derailed his career a lot.. Anyone suggesting he was anything else is a tunnel visioned idiot. He was consistently one of the most productive SF's in the league.

Incredible is a bit much. He's not a Carmelo or Durant. He was a very good player an we sent a very bad player in exchange for him. :)

Sorry Gents, I am a tad bit older than all of you. I have told this stpry many times. Ugh.

And Caron is an average player. Or a good player on a otherwise crappy team. However you want to look at it, he has never been anything special.

Edited by Kosher Ham