Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

This team is fun to watch and I think they will have an advantage over many older teams this year because of the ridiculous scheduling. There are hardly any old players on this team, and mostly just athletic freaks. From position to position, we have by far the best athletes in the entire league.

However, this team won't be legitimately competing for another 2-3 seasons. The only way they become an instant contender is if for some reason Dwight Howard signs here next year.

This team is fun to watch and I think they will have an advantage over many older teams this year because of the ridiculous scheduling. There are hardly any old players on this team, and mostly just athletic freaks. From position to position, we have by far the best athletes in the entire league.

However, this team won't be legitimately competing for another 2-3 seasons. The only way they become an instant contender is if for some reason Dwight Howard signs here next year.

GAC swears it's going to happened. :ols:

That would be disgusting. From the time I was a kid, 90% of the NBA was having a big time point and big time center. Granted that's changed a lot, with swingmen becoming some of the primary game changers, but still. If I was going to build a team, those would be the first two positions I'd lock down.

I'll try to watch some more this year and see where it goes. That way WHEN Howard gets here, I can say I wasn't a bandwagon fan. :ols:

I think there is a small possibility. Howard has expressed time and time again that he wants to play with a dominant point guard. If he strikes out on playing with Chris Paul this year, then there is the possibility that he joins up with Wall. He's already been raving about him all summer and I fully believe that Wall will be the best point guard in the NBA either by the end of this year or by the end of next year.

Averaging 16 pts, 8 assists and 5 rebounds is absurd for a rookie PG playing on a team filled with mostly dumbasses. We're talking perhaps 20/10/5 this year for him. That's insane for a PG who just turned 21 two months ago.

Edited by No Excuses

GAC swears it's going to happened. :ols:

To be fair, I've said that Griffin and, especially, Cousins coming here are more likely. I swear one of the three will be here though.

On an unrelated note, me and ex-Redskin Robert Henson are having a back and forth on twitter. He's a Lebron fan. Was a Cavs fan and now a Heat fan. I mocked him for being a bandwagoner and now he's talking **** about the Wiz. I love twitter.

To be fair, I've said that Griffin and, especially, Cousins coming here are more likely. I swear one of the three will be here though.

On an unrelated note, me and ex-Redskin Robert Henson are having a back and forth on twitter. He's a Lebron fan. Was a Cavs fan and now a Heat fan. I mocked him for being a bandwagoner and now he's talking **** about the Wiz. I love twitter.

Yeah, I knew that, I was just messin' with yah.

Robert Henson likes Lebron? I am not surprised, them douches have to stick together :rolleyes:

Cousins is the most likely player to come here eventually, considering Sacramento is probably the most dysfunctional franchise in the league at the moment. I really like Cousins too. He's got a lot of Rasheed Wallace in him, and Wall can tame his crazy side.

Griffin has a good thing going on in Los Angeles but it is the Clippers and Donald Sterling is still in charge. There's only one franchise in the league that can have a full implosion of a solid young nucleus: The Clippers.

I don't know if it'll take 2-3 years. I think by next year the Wizards will be a playoff team. Wall in his third year coupled with other maturing young players and a top lotto pick in 2012. Then the year after I think we can start competing with Chicago. I don't see Miami lasting, too many egos and Wade is injury prone. Boston is aging, and Orlando is done once Howard leaves. The Nets could be a sleeper team but I think the East could be between Wall's Wizards and Rose's bulls for the foreseeable future starting 2013.

How fast we contend depends a lot on McGee IMO. If the light ever goes off for this idiot, he can be the 2nd best center in the league. Even if he can be top 5, his incredible defensive potential and agility on offense can be deadly with Wall running the show.

I'm interested in seeing how he does in this year since he's playing for a new contract. I hope we don't get Blatche'd by him.

To be fair, I've said that Griffin and, especially, Cousins coming here are more likely. .

Griffin will never leave LA; they are in the best shape of the up and coming teams. Not to mention, have you ever been to Southern California? Don't think the atmosphere and weather don't have a big part of someone's decision to go play in LA.

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 11:41 AM ----------

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/johnson/2011/12/07/the-top-10-free-agent-shooting-guards/

SG rankings by hoopshype. Guess who is #1

As Vishal said, it's the Clippers. I just remember Griffin and Wall hanging out together all during the All Star break. Like they were getting real close. As far as Cousins, I was reading something yesterday about him and Wall hanging out at the Kentucky/UNC game last week. How close they are. Players are going to want to play with Wall.

6457944881_1155c75a4a.jpg

Wall said on Comcast last night that he hurt and at 60-65% for the majority of the year last year.

Yeah I saw that this morning. All I can do is smh. The dude was nowhere near healthy and still balled out.

After what I saw from him at the Goodman this year, I have no doubt that we will be an All-Star this year.*

* If he stays healthy

It will be interesting to see what they do for the back up C spot. I hope they let Seraphin get the 10-15 minutes a game at backup C.

I fully expect us to bring in a veteran PG as well. Although I think they will use Jordan Crawford as a combo guard and might run lineups with him at PG.

It's crazy how we had two rookie guards get triple doubles last year. This team is so damn talented. I love our guard rotation with Wall, Crawford and Young. Just get them a big man.

Edited by No Excuses

It will be interesting to see what they do for the back up C spot. I hope they let Seraphin get the 10-15 minutes a game at backup C.

I fully expect us to bring in a veteran PG as well. Although I think they will use Jordan Crawford as a combo guard and might run lineups with him at PG.

It's crazy how we had two rookie guards get triple doubles last year. This team is so damn talented. I love our guard rotation with Wall, Crawford and Young. Just get them a big man.

I believe Roger Mason Jr. is the veteran PG you speak of. He will be playing for the Wizards this year on a one-year contract. I like the pickup because he won't steal minutes from any of the young guys. And he's young enough himself to relate to the guys we have on the roster. He can hit the three and is just an overrall good guy. Can't have enough of those.

How fast we contend depends a lot on McGee IMO. If the light ever goes off for this idiot, he can be the 2nd best center in the league. Even if he can be top 5, his incredible defensive potential and agility on offense can be deadly with Wall running the show.

I'm interested in seeing how he does in this year since he's playing for a new contract. I hope we don't get Blatche'd by him.

McGee scares me. He could do just enough to get us to commit a lot of years and dollars to him, but the way he plays makes me think he'll never really be a starting C on a championship caliber team.

---------- Post added December-8th-2011 at 12:28 PM ----------

I like Young but :ols: at him being an all-star in a few years. Young has already been in the league four years and is 26 years old. He pretty much is what he is at this point: a decent scoring and defending SG.

Na, James Harden is channeling his inner-GACOLB. Old pic and took me a year to do that. First thing I did when I got home was shave it off. Always kinda missed it too, lol.

:ols: I can't grow one of them joints. I can barely handle what I have right now. :doh:

Somebody at work saw me looking at the John Wall highlight. He told me he was overrated. :doh: If anything this man is SEVERELY underrated.

My problem is my beard comes in like reddish (Irish) but my mustache comes in blondish. Looks ridiculous. I gotta get some "Just For Men" and get it right if I ever grow it out again.

Anyway, I had a coworker tell me something similar a couple of weeks ago. That Wall can't shoot and thus isn't really all that special. I can't wait for this season to begin. With the Caps struggling, when Wall goes off I fully expect the bandwagon to fill up quickly.

:ols: I can't grow one of them joints. I can barely handle what I have right now. :doh:

Somebody at work saw me looking at the John Wall highlight. He told me he was overrated. :doh: If anything this man is SEVERELY underrated.

Wall is going to open eyes this season. We already know where he's going, this season, the rest of the NBA world finds out.