Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Or he could choose to sign the qualifying offer and become a ufa next season. Either way, it doesn't look like his contract will be a problem for us, unless some team goes crazy in the last minute.

Why would he sign a qualifying offer when he could just get a long term contract? If he blows out his Knee this year, he'll want some "insurance" from a longer contract. I don't blame him. Like Nick Young or not he was our starting SG last year and will be again this year. He is coming off a season where he scored 17 points per game. He at least deserves a midlevel exception type contract.

Who knows though, maybe he is asking way too much and that is why the Wizards haven't signed him.

I would like him coming off the bench giving us instant offense like Jamal Crawford. I like Jordan starting once Nick got hurt our team started putting some wins together and Jordan was playing lights out.

I think a 1 year deal is what i'll give him, he needs too prove that he will rebound and get other players involved more and not just shoot.

Click on the link to read the rest.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/wizards-jordan-crawford-talks-a-big-game-always-tries-to-back-it-up/2011/12/13/gIQAZCtZsO_blog.html

Wizards’ Jordan Crawford talks a big game, always tries to back it up

Jordan Crawford’s mouth is rarely not running when he’s on the basketball. If he’s in a good shooting groove, his opponents will hear it. If his team is ruling the court, there won’t be any need to look at the scoreboard.

“Not everybody can handle the way I talk trash,” Crawford said on Tuesday. “I get under people’s skin.”

Crawford had a well-publicized incident a few weeks ago, when he had a little dustup with future Hall of Famer Kevin Garnett of the Boston Celtics during a pickup game in Los Angeles. Garnett reportedly slapped Crawford “upside his head” after Crawford starting yapping, but he vehemently denied that Garnett’s open hand ever connected with his face.

“I don’t get slapped by anyone,” Crawford said. “You guys need to watch that word. Slap? Didn’t nobody slap me.”

Crawford explained that Garnett took exception with some of his words, pushed him and challenged him. Paul Pierce tried to separate them, but Crawford demanded that he let him go. Garnett and Crawford squared up, but they never exchanged punches, and he said Garnett shoved his head away after things had subsided and his back was turned. Crawford thinks Garnett was stunned to see him bark back.

“He messed with the wrong one,” Crawford said.

KG is a *****. Good to have some toughness on this team.

One thing I've liked about the Leonsis era Grunfeld is that the players we've brought in are not only athletic, but tough, mean and active. I'm really excited to see how Booker and Seraphin contribute. I was loving end of the season Trevor Booker. It highlight dunk, highlight block game after game with very productive stat lines.

****! We've got another crazy on our hands...no one in their right mind picks a fight w/ KG

Why?

It's not like KG is actually going to do anything.

He's a punk who tries to intimidate his opponents because he can't actually play with them at this point in his career.

His little feud with Andray is a prime example.

Why?

It's not like KG is actually going to do anything.

He's a punk who tries to intimidate his opponents because he can't actually play with them at this point in his career.

His little feud with Andray is a prime example.

I think KG would knock out Blatche and Crawford in a handicap match within the first couple minutes of the first round.

I don't know if anyone has been checking out the videos of practice on WashingtonWizards.com but Rashard has lost a lot of weight.

He looks good.

---------- Post added December-14th-2011 at 03:38 AM ----------

I think KG would knock out Blatche and Crawford in a handicap match within the first couple minutes of the first round.

He'd probably cheap shot them.

That's who he is.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/john-wall-more-in-command/2011/12/13/gIQAD9rBtO_blog.html

John Wall more in command

By Michael Lee

John Wall caught a pass at halfcourt from Andray Blatche and was ready to take off on a fastbreak. But as he approached the three-point line, center JaVale McGee slowed up. A frustrated Wall implored McGee to keep going toward the basket, but McGee slowly trotted to a halt.

Wall whirled around, avoiding a steal attempt from Chris Singleton, and eventually picked up his dribble. He flippantly tossed the ball to McGee, who made a lazy underhanded pass back to Wall. Shelvin Mack intercepted it, then took off for a dunk before Wall angrily chased him down and slapped the ball against the rim. As he grabbed the rebound, Wall shouted, “Just run ‘Vale. Run!”

Wall then found Blatche under the basket for a layup, but continued to shout at McGee, “Run ‘Vale, I’ll get you open.”

In his second season with the Washington Wizards, Wall has a better grasp of his team, which requires him to be more vocal and demanding of his teammates. He hasn’t been hesitant to correct them on mistakes or expect more of those who should know better. He’s more in command.

“It’s just basically having a year under your belt,” Wall said. “What I’m basically saying is, it’s not trying to get on them because they’re doing something wrong, but just trying to help them. Same way, if I was doing something wrong, I would want someone to yell at me if I was doing something wrong.”

Wall sported a nice cut on his left temple on Tuesday, which he said came as the result of some rough play the previous day. The Wizards have certainly gotten physical during the first five days of camp, with new arrival Ronny Turiaf providing the nastiest block on Monday. Turiaf met Hamady Ndiaye at the rim for a rejection that had Ndiaye landing awkwardly on the floor and leaving practice with his left shoulder covered in ice. Ndiaye was back at practice on Tuesday.

“We’ve been playing physical,” Wall said. “You see H got his shoulder hurt, just people playing hard. We’re just trying to compete and not hurt nobody.”

Wall has had his share of chase-down blocks during camp, lurking behind an unsuspecting teammate — then leaping from behind to swat the ball — showing a commitment on the defensive end. He’s also taking the responsibility of being a leader. “Knowing the guys, they know I’m going to always play hard,” Wall said. “They can trust me. Trust I’m going to get them the ball. Trust I’m going to play hard. Trust I’m going to try to do the little things to help.”

Been seen this coming (and been said it). That's when I fell in love to the max. At the Clippers game last year. When the Clippers were running a fastbreak and McGee just half assed it back to defend. Flip immediately called a timeout and Wall immediately starting ripping into McGee. Flip had to step in and take over the coaching duties essentially (and ending up benching McGee for the rest of the quarter). That's when I knew Wall wasn't just some great talent, but special--a leader. It's players like that that lead you to championships (and players like that who spend their careers in one place).

Been seen this coming (and been said it). That's when I fell in love to the max. At the Clippers game last year. When the Clippers were running a fastbreak and McGee just half assed it back to defend. Flip immediately called a timeout and Wall immediately starting ripping into McGee. Flip had to step in and take over the coaching duties essentially (and ending up benching McGee for the rest of the quarter). That's when I knew Wall wasn't just some great talent, but special--a leader. It's players like that that lead you to championships (and players like that who spend their careers in one place).

Don't get me too fired up, now!

Anyone trying to get any Wizards tickets? I'll sell them at my season ticket holder price (which is less than face value). I have two seats in section 102K, which is right behind the Wizards' bench.

Here are the games I have left for discounted price:

sat Jan 14th vs. Philly

wed Feb 29th vs. Orlando

Sat March 3rd vs. Cleveland

mon March 26th vs. Detroit

Sat April 14th vs. Cleveland

Don't know what the face value is on the tickets yet, so I'm not how much these games will be, but should be around $100 per pair, which is about 33% off face value.

Tickets I'll sell at a premium:

LA Clippers, NY Nicks, Miami Heat.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/john-wall-more-in-command/2011/12/13/gIQAD9rBtO_blog.html

here's the video:

KG picks his battles VERY wisely. He goes after Euros and others who he thinks won't do anything back. I remember he thought he could get over on Zaza Pachulia, and Pachulia wasn't having it. Anyways...he probably saw the 6'4" gangly Crawford and grouped him with the rest of the guys he "punks." Little did Garnett know that Crawford has a screw loose and would probably hem him up if given the chance.

Ain't no hint of ***** in either Wall or Crawford. We're going to bust some heads this year. Athletic, fast, high flying, high energy, angry, tough. That's our team.

Javale and Blatche need to get with the program and hustle and throw their weight around. Both have their fiery moments but they are too far and few between.

I don't think there is any way we pick in the lottery this season. I think we're going to make the leap. The shortened season plays to our strengths and hurts older teams and we're too athletic and motivated to keep losing.

---------- Post added December-14th-2011 at 03:13 PM ----------

Javale needs a fire lit under his ass. It's bad when Blatche out hustles you.

Javale needs a fire lit under his ass. It's bad when Blatche out hustles you.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2011/12/12/2630907/wizards-training-camp-2011-flip-saunders-javale-mcgee#storyjump

Wizards Training Camp 2011: Flip Saunders, JaVale McGee And Playing With A Purpose

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards-javale-mcgee-vows-to-be-more-disciplined/2011/12/12/gIQADWldqO_story.html

Wizards’ JaVale McGee vows to be more disciplined