Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd dump Shard in a heartbeat. All that "vet leadership" can be had at a much cheaper price. Shard is the 2nd highest paid player in the entire NBA.

That's what bugs me about him. He's absolutely not worth the money he's getting.

But at the same time, his skillset is needed on this team. We don't have many players who can score or stretch the perimeter. Offensively he's the best forward on the team.

I'd rather dump Blatche then. I know he's still young and his deal is fairly modest (still couldn't trade him), but I think he's a cancer.

We all know you hate Blatche but cutting a big with a 16+ PER is crazy talk. There is always some team willing to pay a big. If he were a guard or a SF I'd be inclined to agree with you.

We tried to trade him. Nobody wanted him. Again, as I've been through a thousand times on this topic, numbers are great but numbers aren't everything. Blatche is a bum, Blatche is a cancer, Blatche is a detriment to the team, so on and so forth. Nobody respects him, he's a bad influence on the younger guys, he's taking playing time from them.

It blows my ****ing mind that anyone can still defend him--in any way.

The way I see it, Shard for two more years (one with a buyout) is much more preferable than Blatche for four; regardless of the $$ involved. I'm looking at it from roster space and playing time available for players that are actually going to matter in the long run.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

1 - he will be traded in the next two years. Unlike the redskins the two running the wizards see the big picture and build value of players they want to unload. He'll go when it makes sense for him to go. Just like arenas who was paraded around at SG while the team talked about how wonderful things were playing out. Now he's gone.

2 - Roster space?! What horror are you trying to put at the 4? We had terrible scoring from the 3 and 5 last season. The team doesn't want Wall to focus on scoring. That leaves the 2 and 4 accounting for points. Blatche is not a starter on a winning team but he accounts for points. If you say something about defense or rebounding without supplying a scoring change elsewhere you've officially lost your mind. I'd rather watch Blatche's spin move than a season of losing games 84-74 because no one on the damn team can score.

Our guards can score. Wall, Young, Crawford.

SF? Lewis is an injury waiting to happen. Vesely that wants to play SF is a mystery because his skill may not translate. Chris Singleton is not a primary scoring threat. Booker? Might be the odd man out with Singleton on the team.

PF? Blatche. and... who?

C? No primary scoring options here.

Edited by Destino

We tried to trade him. Nobody wanted him. Again, as I've been through a thousand times on this topic, numbers are great but numbers aren't everything. Blatche is a bum, Blatche is a cancer, Blatche is a detriment to the team, so on and so forth. Nobody respects him, he's a bad influence on the younger guys, he's taking playing time from them.

It blows my ****ing mind that anyone can still defend him--in any way.

The way I see it, Shard for two more years (one with a buyout) is much more preferable than Blatche for four; regardless of the $$ involved. I'm looking at it from roster space and playing time available for players that are actually going to matter in the long run.

Hey Curse I know you are a true blue Bullet/Wiz fan and I get the impression from the Wiz forum that you get to a lot of games and events. I was just wondering if you ever met Blatche. I agree with you that he's a disappointment overall but I'd like hear what he is like to be around or hang out with.

Ok. I'm not going to argue about Blatche again. Good luck with that Destino. I'll save you a seat in reality.

Anyway, I've never met him Chachie. I just know that he got into a fistfight with a teammate at a club, got arrested trying to pick up a hooker in DC, got shot at like 4 in the morning and everything I've heard is that all he cares about is getting ****faced and picking up chicks in the club.

It's my opinion that Gilbert (and Deshawn) ruined the young trio of NY, McGee and Blatche. Gilbert was the god of DC for awhile. The pinnacle of his time here was when those three were just coming into the league. It was natural for them to want to follow in his footsteps. Unfortunately only the negative aspects of "Gilbertology" stuck. Him being in the gym shooting jumpers at 4 in the morning didn't.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I'll say this before calling it a night: I dare anyone to go to a Wiz game, focus on Blatche ALL game and then try to come here and legitimately argue that he's worth two ****s. It. Is. Impossible. The guy is a loser. If he puts up numbers, it's because somebody has too. He sure as **** doesn't work for them (well except for when he's playing for a contract or if there are 5 games left in the year and he wants to make people think he's a legitimate player going into the summer.)

EDIT: One last thing, the plan is for Vesely to play the 4. Does anyone honestly believe that Blatche will be productive coming off the bench in limited minutes? Or do you really want him in the way of Vesely's development?

I've never felt so strongly (in a negative way) about a player as I do Andray Blatche. And it just absolutely kills me that no matter what, somebody out there will defend him/hype him up. It's like Jason Campbell on a shot of crack and steroids.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

G.A.C.O.L.B. I think calling my comments on Blatche a defense is a serious over reach. I said that they'll build his value and trade him not that he's good and a keeper. He's inefficient, which is why he isn't ideal off the bench. The way he's been acting this offseason has me thinking Ted is giving him tips on improving his image. ... all part of the plan to build up his value.

BTW check out the potential age situation:

1 - John Wall - 21

2 - Nick Young - 26, Jordan Crawford - 22

3 - Trevor Booker - 23, Chris Singleton - 21

4 - Jan Vesely - 21, Andray Blatche - 25

5 - JaVale McGee - 23, Hamady Ndiaye - 24, Kevin Seraphin - 21

All hail the wise veteran that is Nick Young.

G.A.C.O.L.B. I think calling my comments on Blatche a defense is a serious over reach. I said that they'll build his value and trade him not that he's good and a keeper. He's inefficient, which is why he isn't ideal off the bench. The way he's been acting this offseason has me thinking Ted is giving him tips on improving his image. ... all part of the plan to build up his value.

BTW check out the potential age situation:

1 - John Wall - 21

2 - Nick Young - 26, Jordan Crawford - 22

3 - Trevor Booker - 23, Chris Singleton - 21

4 - Jan Vesely - 21, Andray Blatche - 25

5 - JaVale McGee - 23, Hamady Ndiaye - 24, Kevin Seraphin - 21

All hail the wise veteran that is Nick Young.

Really young doesn't mean shi'ite if you lose 60 games again :) Just sayin............ of course, there will be no season this year. Another year older with no more experience.

I hope we lose at least 50 next year. The draft is gonna be as stacked as it's been in a looong while.

Seriously, this is the long haul here. Five years to contend, minimum. Probably three to really compete. That's why Rashard Lewis here another two doesn't bother me. Blatche another four, sucking minutes from players who are actually going to be around when it's time to get good, does. And as always, having ****ty vets--as in attitude--around a very young team is always a bad idea. Blatche = ****ty vet. Rashard = not.

Lets recap: He finished strong two seasons ago, got his contract, did absolutely **** all year, we tried to trade him, nobody wanted him, finished strong in the last five or six games and here we are...yet again. Having the same conversations we've been having about him for half a decade now.

The only time in his career where he's built his value was when he was playing for a contract...and we gave him contracts. Then it's same old Blatche. Lazy, out of shape, not hustling, not fighting, picking up garbage stats in garbage time on a garbage team, trying to be a "finesse player", waiting for that buzzer to sound so he can get back to the club to get ****faced and **** some random chick--or just pay for it if that doesn't work out Second best player on a **** team means what? And is he really 2nd best? If the Wizards folded and they held a draft or auction for the rights to the players, Blatche would go second? Yeah right.

And what did I miss? What exactly is he doing this offseason? Holding "team" workouts, where nobody except a couple of very-end-of-the-bench players show up because nobody else on the team respects him, takes him seriously or likes him? I see Booker going to Israel. Seraphin is going to Spain. Wall, Crawford, McGee, and NY are playing nonstop around the country. Blatche is doing what? "Working out" in Miami to try to "beef up"? Knocking out a coloring book to teach kids how to eat healthy? Embarrasing himself with semi-literate t-shirts? Talking (ughhhhh, deja ****ing vu, please make it stop) about making changes?

I mean really...

x2_8456550

It really is the Wiz-version of Jason Campbell. Except Campbell seemed like a halfway decent guy and someone people wanted to root for on a personal level. Here it just makes no sense. Which is why it's so maddening. (Not you necessarily Destino, though I still think you're wrong about his value--both short and long term.)

EDIT: FTR, that picture really has nothing to do with anything. I just can't believe that mother****er is wearing some Uggz. Though it does kind of symbolize his offseason: the "team" workout, with the stupid tshirts and rocking some Uggz.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

OK...we get it. You hate him.

Thats fine.

I don't...:)

I hate him because he's a detriment to the team I love. You don't hate him because...

---------- Post added September-25th-2011 at 01:00 AM ----------

It all goes together. He's a detriment because of who he is. He's one of these guys who has the ability to be more but he isn't. So it's not just some, "well he's just not talented" type of deals.

And I hate him because it really is a never ending nightmare. I'm so goddamn sick of talking about him. Every single freaking year, it's the same conversations. It's just so frustrating. It's like watching a family member get swindled by a conman or something.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

I don't hate him because....I don't think he's a detriment to the team I love.

Because he's accomplished so much and has played up to his ability and has added wins to this teams and is a leader and...what? Because of his 16 points and 8 rebounds on a team that needs someone, anyone, to get points and rebounds?

Because he's accomplished so much and has played up to his ability and has added wins to this teams and is a leader and...what? Because of his 16 points and 8 rebounds on a team that needs someone, anyone, to get points and rebounds?

You're my guy but this is a pointless conversation. We'll never agree about Andray.

And fwiw, if he SOMEHOW puts it together this season, would you still advocate trading him?

Or are you in a wait and see mode?

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I can remember when Blatche got shot, I was in Susan O'Malley's office talking about it with her and she said he was crazy lucky because it just barely missed hitting arteries....he might have bled out and died. You'd think that someone who came inches away from dying would have a better respect for life and how quickly it can be taken away....but nope, he seems like he's just a lazy ass that will never grow up.

I can remember when Blatche got shot, I was in Susan O'Malley's office talking about it with her and she said he was crazy lucky because it just barely missed hitting arteries....he might have bled out and died. You'd think that someone who came inches away from dying would have a better respect for life and how quickly it can be taken away....but nope, he seems like he's just a lazy ass that will never grow up.

Thank you. I've said the same in the past.

And I think it was like inches from his heart. Got hit in the chest iirc. Peter Jon Ramos was there with him.

Blatche and McGee are not starters on a winning team. The problem is bigs don't grow on trees and get out of here with 6-8 eight bigs. Special talents can do it but it's far from ideal. Vesely is not a player I wanted but we'll see. The way I see it this team needs a starting 3, 4, and 5... And I think NIck Young is more into scoring points than wins and losses.

I don't get your hatred of Blatche because I don't think we are in position to think that way. This team flat out blows. I like Wall and Crawford. Singleton is a defense guy and I can see him being valuable.

Because I have that view I can't justify cutting value. McGee and Blatche have value. Booker, Lewis, and Young have none. Depending on the labor negotiation McGee may leave as a free agent soon enough.