Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

And why the hell would Dwight Howard want too come here? He wants too win a championship and he has a much better chance too do it in Orlando than here. Wizard fans need too lay off the pipe
To be clear I don't think this trade is going to happen because Ted is determined to build through the draft. I think he wants a young team they can keep together for a long time so that he can grow basketball in the DC area from a business perspective.

To answer your question though it's the same reason Paul is happy with the Clippers. Two stars makes a team a destination for other players. It would in essence be the same set up as the Nets once they traded their entire team to the Magic. The problem Dwight has is similar to what happened in Cleveland to Lebron, they failed to get a second star and tied up too much money in the wrong players. They were at 90 million last season and the team wasn't going to win anything. The wizards have Lewis' contract expiring next season and Howard would essentially be replacing that leaving them with plenty of cap space, Wall, and Howard.

Where is it that you think Howard is going to go right now and win a championship right now? Him and D-Will aren't exactly going to sail through the Knicks, Bulls, and Heat. Kobe is old and the triangle offense is gone... Meta World Peace better be the difference maker immediately because Kobe in two seasons is going to be much worse and suddenly they aren't a two star team anymore.

His only "win now" options would come as a result of free agency not a trade. Landing on the Thunder for instance would make a instant championship team. Westbrook, Durant, and Howard would be a juggernaut that would totally ruin the Knicks and Clippers decade. :)

That would be a nightmare from an offensive standpoint.

No consistent outside shooting to open up the floor.

not really....you'd have one of the best young PGs in the game and the best center in the game on the same team. That would be easy to build around.

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 11:20 AM ----------

And why the hell would Dwight Howard want too come here? He wants too win a championship and he has a much better chance too do it in Orlando than here. Wizard fans need too lay off the pipe

that Orlando team is not better than the Wizards without Dwight howard. That team is hot garbage. In Washington, at least he would have another elite player to play with. That said...I still think Howard gets traded to the Lakers for Gasol and Bynum.

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 11:24 AM ----------

To be clear I don't think this trade is going to happen because Ted is determined to build through the draft. I think he wants a young team they can keep together for a long time so that he can grow basketball in the DC area from a business perspective.

I guarantee the Wizards would trade everyone on their roster not named Wall for Dwight Howard.

Orlando's much better team than Washington with or without Dwight Howard.

Which doesn't matter because they aren't good enough and have too many bad contracts even with Gil being amnestied. Dwight wants out because their hands are tied. Too many mistakes has resulted in a need for them to rebuild. In the NBA a start is two stars and money. One star and average expensive players is how a team fails.

Orlando's much better team than Washington with or without Dwight Howard.

I'd bet a paycheck that the Wizards would be a better team than a Magic team without Dwight Howard.

Jameer Nelson

Jason richardson

Turkoglu

Ryan Anderson

Big Baby

...that might be the worst starting lineup in the league.

---------- Post added December-20th-2011 at 01:01 PM ----------

Which doesn't matter because they aren't good enough and have too many bad contracts even with Gil being amnestied. Dwight wants out because their hands are tied. Too many mistakes has resulted in a need for them to rebuild. In the NBA a start is two stars and money. One star and average expensive players is how a team fails.

Tell that to the Dallas Mavericks who won the Finals last year:

one star: Dirk Nowitzki

average Expensive players: Brendan Haywood, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, Shawn marion, and Tyson Chandler

an argument could be made that Kidd, Marion and Chandler played up to the level of their contracts, but Terry and Haywood are both over-payed; and none of the players listed above are super stars

average Expensive players: Brendan Haywood, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd, Shawn marion, and Tyson Chandler

an argument could be made that Kidd, Marion and Chandler played up to the level of their contracts, but Terry and Haywood are both over-payed; and none of the players listed above are super stars

Terry averaged 17 points in the playoffs last year on nearly shooting 50 percent from downtown. I say thats enough to justify that contract. But the difference btw the Magic and the Mavs is that they were smart in, "overpaying," the, "average," players because they could win it all with them. The players that the Magic tried to put around Dwight was never going to work to win a NBA Championship.

They exception not the rule. Just like the Pistons. Other than those two teams you have the Lakers x5, Spurs x4, Celtics, and Heat (Wade and Shaq) winning all the championships since the Jordan lead bulls finished their run.

I'd bet a paycheck that the Wizards would be a better team than a Magic team without Dwight Howard.

Jameer Nelson

Jason richardson

Turkoglu

Ryan Anderson

Big Baby

...that might be the worst starting lineup in the league.

---------- Post added December-20th-2011 at 01:01 PM ----------

I disagree I think that Orlando team maybe a playoff team in the weak East. They would at least be better than the Wizards I don't think you remember last year.

We are already a nightmare offensively. That team would be much better defensively and on the boards at least and all we'd need to do is pick up some shooters in free agency/trades which are much easier to come by than the leagues best center.

You know having witnessed the Paul trade I think that trade scenario isn't all that far fetched if Howard is still with the magic as we approach the deadline. There is value in a lottery pick and by then we should clearly be a lottery team. The ability to offer a lotto pick and take a bad contract might be more appealing to the Magic than a flawed center (Bynum / Lopez) and older more expensive players. It's not going to happen but it wouldn't make as little sense as I thought it would. :)

That would be an interesting trade but I'd want a little insurance from Howard in return if we gutted our entire team like that for him. He'd have to agree to extend before I'd agree to that deal.

I think your trade offer is reasonable considering how teams will value a youth movement. I'd actually speculate that it's the best deal Orlando might be able to get...

But if we had Howard for this season, our first rounder would not be a lottery pick.