Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yep' date=' its funny how fast one can realize that we arent even close to a good team.[/quote']

Heat look scary good right now. They are FLYING up and down the floor...no more of that slow-paced offense they were working with last year. On top of it all, the defense is suffocating.

Wiz got their building block in John Wall...but there needs to be A LOT more talent around him to make this thing work.

God bless Irene. She doesn't get enough credit. And that's awesome for her to say. As I told my friend the other day, it's great to go back to the old school uni's but it's just ****ing stupid to see them and then hear the announcers call us the Wizards.

I think it was the plan all along for them to change it back. I read somewhere that it takes like two years to change a team name in the NBA...not sure if that is true or not.

This is the perfect opportunity from a money standpoint for the team to change the colors/uniforms one year.....sell a ton of jerseys. Then change the name a couple years later and make a ton of money again!

Good on her still, for giving the fans what they want!

Is 2K10 is the last one you got Ryan? Because I think it got better from 2K10 to 2K11. A couple of times I got stuck with players because I thought I'd be able to flip them for another piece and got offered ****.

yeah, 2k10 is the last one I've gotten. I don't update my sports games every year..seems like a waste of money to update them for mainly just roster updates and online play (which I don't do).

It's weird how some players are really easy to use and others are tough to use. I actually kill it with Blatche on NBA 2k10, but his rating is only around 65, so he is cheap to keep on the team. I don't get too many assists with Wall (who I imported from 2k10) but I'll drop 30 points with him easy in a 32 minute game.

I traded Gilbert (who killed it on that game, but pretty much has the same skill set as wall) for Howard, and then flipped Howard a season later for Durrant who rarely misses a jump shot in that game.

I'd like those sports games better if the trades and game play were more realistic. I shouldn't be able to trade Caron Butler in 2010 for Jason Richardson's terrible 14 million contract and the #1 overall pick (which I did). Although the Cavs kind of did that when they traded Mo Williams for Baron Davis and the lottery pick that turned into #1.

---------- Post added December-25th-2011 at 08:30 PM ----------

hypothetical question: I don't think there is any way we could trade for Dwight Howard, but lets just say hypothetically some of our young guys play very well for the first half of the year and Orlando can't get LA/NJ to trade them what they want for Howard.....

So the Wiz pretty much clear our roster for Howard:

McGee, Blatche, Crawford, Singleton, Vesely, Young, 2012 First, trade exception

for

Howard and Turkouglu

Gilbert has already stated he would like to play wherever Howard goes. Would you want him back at the vet minimum, and do you think Ernie would bring him back?

I don't think I'd want him and I don't think ownership would bring him back.

Not a great locker room presence, injury prone, and now that he's lost half his speed, he's a very inefficient scorer. Better options out there.

Injury prone? Yes

Not a great locker room presence? Dwight Howard would disagree with you since he was apparently quite livid when Arenas was released.

Edit: I'm not advocating that we bring him back.

GB, that'd be giving up too much. We'd have Wall, Superman, and a bunch of scrubs.

wouldn't be giving up too much....you'd be trading a bunch of "prospects" and mediocre players for the best Big man in the league who is still young. You could surround Wall/Howard with a bunch of vet minimum guys and still be a contender. To me, a dominating center and elite Pg are the two most important positions in basketball. I wouldn't pass up the chance to get an elite big man.

---------- Post added December-25th-2011 at 11:27 PM ----------

Injury prone? Yes

Not a great locker room presence? Dwight Howard would disagree with you since he was apparently quite livid when Arenas was released.

Edit: I'm not advocating that we bring him back.

seriously? please tell me you are joking! First of all, since when did Dwight Howard become a credible source for a good locker room guy? Players get pissed off all the time when their buddies are traded or released. I remember when Gil's contract was up, he pretty much demanded the wizards to re-sign Antawn Jamison in order for him to re-sign. Second, did you forget about Gilbert bringing guns to the locker room....or how he did the gun shooting motions after the "incident" happened?

Don't get me wrong...I LOVED Arenas...and I'll never forget the excitement he gave to our city/franchise, but he is a straight up knuckle head and I don't want him anywhere near John Wall!

seriously? please tell me you are joking! First of all, since when did Dwight Howard become a credible source for a good locker room guy? Players get pissed off all the time when their buddies are traded or released. I remember when Gil's contract was up, he pretty much demanded the wizards to re-sign Antawn Jamison in order for him to re-sign. Second, did you forget about Gilbert bringing guns to the locker room....or how he did the gun shooting motions after the "incident" happened?

Don't get me wrong...I LOVED Arenas...and I'll never forget the excitement he gave to our city/franchise, but he is a straight up knuckle head and I don't want him anywhere near John Wall!

How I basically feel. I think one day all will be forgiven and Gil will get his due respect in this town for bringing us back to relevancy--even if it was only for a few years. But he ****ed up, and he ****ed up big time. Don't think about Gilbert, being Gilbert, Think about if you brought gunS (plural) to your place of work. And then you mocked your bosses and basically told them to eat **** after you were caught. I don't want anythings to do with Gilbert as things stand. As I said, the years will pass and eventually it'll cool over but not now. It's much too soon. And I really, really don't want Wall to have any connection whatsoever with that. Gotra turn the page.

---------- Post added December-26th-2011 at 01:42 AM ----------

GACOLB, you oughtta call him out. He's not afraid to brag about always getting cheap tix to everything.

Na, he knows who he is. That's enough (and ftr, it's NOT my man Vishal)

I think it was the plan all along for them to change it back. I read somewhere that it takes like two years to change a team name in the NBA...not sure if that is true or not.

This is the perfect opportunity from a money standpoint for the team to change the colors/uniforms one year.....sell a ton of jerseys. Then change the name a couple years later and make a ton of money again!

Good on her still, for giving the fans what they want!

yeah, 2k10 is the last one I've gotten. I don't update my sports games every year..seems like a waste of money to update them for mainly just roster updates and online play (which I don't do).

It's weird how some players are really easy to use and others are tough to use. I actually kill it with Blatche on NBA 2k10, but his rating is only around 65, so he is cheap to keep on the team. I don't get too many assists with Wall (who I imported from 2k10) but I'll drop 30 points with him easy in a 32 minute game.

I traded Gilbert (who killed it on that game, but pretty much has the same skill set as wall) for Howard, and then flipped Howard a season later for Durrant who rarely misses a jump shot in that game.

I'd like those sports games better if the trades and game play were more realistic. I shouldn't be able to trade Caron Butler in 2010 for Jason Richardson's terrible 14 million contract and the #1 overall pick (which I did). Although the Cavs kind of did that when they traded Mo Williams for Baron Davis and the lottery pick that turned into #1.

You remember a couple of years ago, someone on here contacted me with inside info on the potential name change back to the Bullets? Everything he said was going to happen, has happened so far. Almost to a T. Uniform switch first--exactly how it went down--and then the name change a couple of years after that. I think it's just a matter of time. Irene publically giving her blessing really has to help though.

I rarely buy games period, let alone sports games year after year. That only changes if there's a new player that I want. Wall and Strasburg this past year. Harper next year prob for MLB the Show. I think NBA2K is about as realistic as it can get. Ditto MLB. (I don't even waste my time with Madden. As thigns stand I don't see a reason while I'll buy it again for as long as I live.) As far as trades go, like I said, I think NBA2K does a fairly average job there. I think the the whole lottery system probably messes with the trade value of picks a bit.

As far as being money with one particular player for whatever reason, absolutely. I'm telling you, I could average 40 a game with Kevin Love. Just something about him at the top of the key, easy money for me. All day long. Just couldn't run the way I like to. I gotta go back and look at my team. I forget who else I had that I was killing it with.

---------- Post added December-26th-2011 at 02:12 AM ----------

Also, if there is ANY hope for NY and McGee to take it to the next level (they have the natural ability to get there) Gil is the last person I want around them. I think he's partly responsible for their knuckleheadedness. They looked up to him when they came into the league, they followed in his "Gilbert being Gilbert" BS, he wasn't a leader, the 2000 shots in the gym at 5 in the morning aspect of Gilbert was lost in the madness.

Just picked up 2k12, haven't played any bball games since 2k8 I think. I'm basically relearning how to play since it is a lot different to me at least. I retooled the Wizards with Wall/Wes Matthews/Batum/Love/Mcgee and not that much depth with Singelton, Turiaf, Booker, Dooling, Milicic, Seraphin and a rookie Cooper. I only have 3 guards on the team haha. We only got the 8 seed but I am going to destroy the Heat and go win the NBA championship. Gonna have to work on Guard depth next year.

I'm ready to rock! Got the NBA League Pass (preview) and am interested to see the Wizards. Flip said Vasely is inactive, anyone know why? *edit oh I see ^ hip injury bummer.

Didn't know Roger Mason was back, that's kinda cool. Really wanna see what Mack and Singleton bring. Can McGee improve? Can Rashard Lewis still ball it up? We shall see!

Edited by abdcskins