Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Meet the new wizards, same as the old wizards...

Seriously, this team needs another superstar if they want to contend. I understand the whole build from within with solid draft talent, but GD, they needed someone (as usual) to take over this game and (as usual) nobody stepped up. If Howard is a UFA this summer just show him the brinks truck and don't look back. This team will never win if they continue to ask John Wall (a PG) to be the superstar of this team and do it by himself...

Seriously, this team needs another superstar if they want to contend. I understand the whole build from within with solid draft talent, but GD, they needed someone (as usual) to take over this game and (as usual) nobody stepped up. If Howard is a UFA this summer just show him the brinks truck and don't look back. This team will never win if they continue to ask John Wall (a PG) to be the superstar of this team and do it by himself...

Especially if Wall plans to continue driving to the lane like a ****in psycho every time and then missing FTs.

Now that is funny as hell -- there is NO way Dwight Howard will be a Wizard -- he has WAY too much set on being a movie star and he's going to go to a winning program. Seriously, no shot at all for Washington - none.

Now that is funny as hell -- there is NO way Dwight Howard will be a Wizard -- he has WAY too much set on being a movie star and he's going to go to a winning program. Seriously, no shot at all for Washington - none.

i understand your point but you sound like a condescending douche right now..just saying. Let us be pissed in peace please.

i understand your point but you sound like a condescending douche right now..just saying. Let us be pissed in peace please.

He does the same trolling on the Caps thread. Trust me he'll be there next if he hasn't already.

---------- Post added December-26th-2011 at 09:57 PM ----------

Well he's 100% right.

Right or not his comments right now are making him look like a tool. He started **** by calling us garbage for a player having a good game and then shoving down our throats we have problems getting stars to come to DC. How about he brings up the Arenas **** again for good measure?

He does the same trolling on the Caps thread. Trust me he'll be there next if he hasn't already.

---------- Post added December-26th-2011 at 09:57 PM ----------

Right or not his comments right now are making him look like a tool. He started **** by calling us garbage for a player having a good game and then shoving down our throats we have problems getting stars to come to DC. How about he brings up the Arenas **** again for good measure?

Lemme guess, I'm only allowed to come on the REDSKINS message board and say that everything is hunky dory and great with the Wizards? Sorry, bud, but if it's not Redskins, its fair game for hammering :) And btw, who is this "Arenas" you talk of?

Lemme guess, I'm only allowed to come on the REDSKINS message board and say that everything is hunky dory and great with the Wizards? Sorry, bud, but if it's not Redskins, its fair game for hammering :) And btw, who is this "Arenas" you talk of?

bull sir. You had no intention of discussing the state of the Wizards or how they were doing. Nor have you had any intention of talking about the Caps either. In fact when you came over to the Caps board during our undefeated start you called our streak worthless as I remember. You came here to start crap up just like you do on the Caps board sir. Its ok we are generally accepting of trolls.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Don't feed the trolls. Anyway...

The biggest problem is we have one respectable shooter right now and that's Young. Wall has no room to drive because teams can just pack in 4-5 guys in the paint since nobody can beat us on the outside. That's why you see Wall driving and tossing up junk. He does need to improve at finishing when he has a chance so he can get more and 1s. The FT shooting was just fluky, I don't recall him being a bad FT shooter last year. Our offense in the half court as a result is just piss poor. We also have dumb big men. Blatche tries to play in the perimeter too much. McGee doesn't have much polish at all on offense. Lewis is just a zero. Crawford is a 1 on 1 guy and will look like Kobe Bryant sometimes and Deshawn Stevenson at other times. Wall needs to learn how to be more methodical but we also need to surround him with guys that can move without the ball and can shoot. Right now we've just assembled a bunch of guys, which in a rebuild is fine as you're just trying to collect talent and not as worried about making it all necessarily work.

Defensively we try hard but play stupidly. Give up a lot of penetration which leads to easy drives. McGee can block shots but he doesn't box out or rebound well and gives up a ton of easy put backs. Blatche is lazy and soft. I liked what I saw from Singleton on D though, he was going mano y mano with Deron Williams and holding his own. Had at least one block and one steal. If he can just learn to hit open shots he'll be a valuable player for us. We got too many guys gambling for blocks and steals though. Many times I'd see two, sometimes three guys go for a steal, miss, and then give up an easy basket as a result. Defense is mostly about playing hard, playing smart, and being disciplined. We got one part down but struggle in the other two. Turiaf was solid though and hopefully he'll teach McGee a thing or two about playing good D.

I don't know how to evaluate Flip's coaching because, like I said, the roster as assembled is just a mish mash of young, low IQ athletes sprinkled in with a couple of heady veterans. I wouldn't get too worked up because this is game 1 of what is another rebuilding season. This is one of if not the youngest teams in the league and probably the lowest IQ team in the league so expect a lot of frustrating ball but there will be spurts where we look great. Ultimately though this team needs another star to compliment Wall, particularly at SF. We also need a smart, heady defensive PF who'll allow McGee to free roam and wreck havoc at C.

or blotche (on purpose cuz he's a stain on this roster) needs to shoot jump shots on another team. He is so frustrating to watch on defense, he is a liability, and Im tired of ppl defending him. Honestly he is making every other player on this team worse when he is on the court, defense takes all 5 working as a unit.

I disagree that the team lacks talent. JaVale looks a lot better this year (so far) than last. He is actually attempting post moves and is def. more disciplined on d. Wall had a lousy game, but that is gonna happen with a young player. Blatche looked good early on, but faded towards the end. Singleton has rotation potential on a championship team, he will develop that outside jump shot and be a key player in a championship later in his career....I think he will be a special player on defense. Young has a lot to prove and had a good start of the season tonight. I think Crawford is better suited as the 6th man. Booker will also be a good hustle player off the bench. We are in need of consistent wing scoring to make everything work. I think this team has a bright future, but we are just going to have to be bad for another year and wish for the best in the draft. I'm optimistic...it will just take time.

Blatche on twitter...

I may have had a bad game but that's cause I need the ball in the post not taking jump shots all game

"If anybody watched me grow into this team and into this league, they'd know that I've never been a back-to-the-basket, bang-bang down player. I'm more of a face-up and a finesse player. That's who I am. I can't force myself to be a different player that I'm not."

I seriously hate that dude.

I disagree that the team lacks talent. JaVale looks a lot better this year (so far) than last. He is actually attempting post moves and is def. more disciplined on d. Wall had a lousy game, but that is gonna happen with a young player. Blatche looked good early on, but faded towards the end. Singleton has rotation potential on a championship team, he will develop that outside jump shot and be a key player in a championship later in his career....I think he will be a special player on defense. Young has a lot to prove and had a good start of the season tonight. I think Crawford is better suited as the 6th man. Booker will also be a good hustle player off the bench. We are in need of consistent wing scoring to make everything work. I think this team has a bright future, but we are just going to have to be bad for another year and wish for the best in the draft. I'm optimistic...it will just take time.

One thing I will say is Javale really needs to improve FTs. We quite simply leave way too many points on the table. This could apply to Wall also.

One thing I will say is Javale really needs to improve FTs. We quite simply leave way too many points on the table. This could apply to Wall also.

OMG McGee. He is such a talented knucklehead. I was at the game and spent the night marveling at both his athleticism and his stupidity. He simply cannot resist going back up in heavy traffic and bungling the effort after an offensive rebound. He refuses to kick it back out and let the guards start it over. He also misses so many opportunities on defense because he's asleep.

John Wall- Until he learns to shoot from the field I simply cannot call him "great." Wow he missed so many buckets tonight. Actually he was even poor driving the lane.

Andray Blatche is lazy and afraid of contact. This will never change. Some old lady right behind me kept yelling at him to take it to the hole. I cannot remember him listening.

Singleton lived up to the hype on D. Nice, versatile player with great size. Hustler too.

In short though, we have zero scorers and it's going to be a loooong short season. :(

BTW- I was in the 5th row at center court tonight. Closest I've ever been and it's quite a different experience when sitting that close.

Edited by Chachie