Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

****ing Blatche. He just can not shoot and he turns the ball over way too much. He doesn't rebound as much as he should and his defense is static and mediocre. We're not going to take the next step as an organization until we replace him with someone who can actually shoot.

We need to replace Blatche, keep Turiaf, keep NY, and find some sort of low post scoring. McGee needs to develop and we need a PF.

What's the plan with Vesely? He's a worse shooter than Blatche by far. What are we going to do with him? What's the timeline on his development? Are we going to see any sort of glimpses from him before his rookie contract is over?

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 09:38 PM ----------

Turiaf is making a case to start. Start him at PF IMO. He's leading both the offense and defense, running the point in the half court as effectively as Wall and getting everyone lined up on defense.

Start Wall, NY, Singleton/Booker, Turiaf, and McGee.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

NY is trying to show us our offensive identity. He can be a go to scorer when he's got high IQ play around him on the wings. Wall can make space for him, Turiaf can get him the ball in good spots and set his screens, and Wall can provide the secondary perimeter option.

Ride this thing out and see how far it goes Flip. What's to lose?

IMHO Young at some point during the season will have the start over Crawford.

Should be next game. He's clearly a better 2 guard than Crawford right now. Crawford and Wall have good chemistry going back to last year, but Crawford is our best backup PG and is a natural sixth man for our roster construction right now.

Singleton has been making rookie mistakes (stepping out of bounds on the wing, taking some ugly shots) but good god if he doesn't flash some ability.

judging by 2 preseason and first 2 regular season games, I'm guessing about 18.

I guessed 15 before the season and I'm thinking that my have been generous. We are worse at PF then I expected (which was already bad). Wall isn't s natural scorer, Crawford is not ready, and McGee looks a lot better but he's closer to 10 a game than 20. That leaves Nick Young and I doubt he's going to turn into a superstar level scorer.

This team has no offense and in the NBA that the worst problem s team can have. It would be nice if Booker, Seraphin, or Vesely could contribute on offense but it doesn't look like thst going to happen.

The bright side, Singleton and McGee so far. The latter part of that is going to require a gamble and likely an overpayment after this season.

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 09:46 PM ----------

Should be next game. He's clearly a better 2 guard than Crawford right now. Crawford and Wall have good chemistry going back to last year, but Crawford is our best backup PG and is a natural sixth man for our roster construction right now.

Singleton has been making rookie mistakes (stepping out of bounds on the wing, taking some ugly shots) but good god if he doesn't flash some ability.

He isn't in game shape. Once he's there he'll get the start.

Turaif is making his case too start Blatche is playing like trash I defended him but he is making it impossible too continue, it's only the second game but he is On a short leash.

Why does flip have too wait until we get down by 20 too put Young in the game he looks much better than Crawford right now.

McGee and Singleton have been playing very well.

The question with Young is: is this just a contract year type deal? He also played well last year on a contract year. I think it's too late to give him an extension though.

Blatche needs to be perma benched. The guy is a bum.

McGee continuing to improve. Double double tonight.

Crawford is basically a rich man's Juan Dixon. He needs to be relegated to 6th man status.

I like JaVale tonight. He just needs to focus...damn he plays like child sometimes though

He's looked a great deal better this year than last though so I'm thrilled. All players make mistakes and if he can turn into a 14points 10+ rebound player I'm willing to forgive his usual mistakes.

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 10:30 PM ----------

Crawford can't shoot. Blatche can't shoot. Singleton can barely shoot. Seraphin has no offensive game whatsoever. Vesely can't shoot. Rashard can't shoot as well as he should. Javale can only score in transition and on hustle plays. Who knows what Booker can do...

We need a scoring forward in the worst way.

Exactly. We don't have a Durant and Westbrook to make up for total offensive inability at several positions on the floor. We aren't getting **** from the 3 or 4 and that is an absolute killer.

Any idea when Vesely will get a chance? Maybe put him over Blatche because at least you add some athleticism and it's not like his defense will be that much worse. He might even turn out to be a better rebounder.

Edited by Destino

Important to restate the obvious here... This squad didn't have a ton of cohesiveness when last season ended. No 2011 preseason worth mentioning and our roster has been quite shaken up. Turiaf, Singleton, Vesely (out), Mack. I'm betting the only game plan right now is to play defense and find our shots. It looks bad and it's going to stay bad. This season is one big mulligan. The rebuild is truly on now. I just hope JW finds his groove. He played all summer to stay in shape (fatigue maybe?) but he couldn't play true team ball due to the nature of those games. Back to the drawing board.

Might as well start all the rookies and 2nd year kids this season. Won't hurt our record :) and will pay big returns next season. Damn the record. I say go with Wall, Young, Vesely, Singleton and McGee. Put school in session. I like Turiaf and Booker but the money is on the last draft and the next draft moving forward.