Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall is not even close to being as good as Gilbert was. This is sad.

Its nice to see you finally come around.

I've been saying that for months now.

Though I wish I was wrong. :(

---------- Post added December-31st-2011 at 02:39 AM ----------

This is from one of Sports Junkies.

Hope this isn't true.

http://www.ebsworld.com/free-flip/

We’ve heard privately that one reason Flip didn’t name the cornerstone of the franchise John Wall captain is because he’s not convinced his head is screwed on straight either. God help us if that’s true

This is from one of Sports Junkies.

Hope this isn't true.

http://www.ebsworld.com/free-flip/

I doubt it is because there is no indication (yet) that would lead people to conclude that.

The absolute worst case scenario is happening for this team. Not a single player progressed enough to make a difference. Maybe a coaching change will ignite them, but I doubt it. This is the most pathetic stretch of basketball I have seen in the last 5-6 years.

Thankfully I won't be staying in to watch this entire monstrosity.

Edited by No Excuses

So the Wizards are looking to be in the lottery pick run next year. Who do/should they get and why?

Too early to tell, we have a lot of holes on this squad. Its going to be a good draft, but opinions vary on who will be the best players.

Ironic. Quite a few Redskin fans wanted to tank for a top pick. Most Wizard fans wanted the team to actually win and they play for the lottery pick.lol

NBA has a lottery system, NFL doesn't.

Edited by StillUnknown

The lockout really hurt our young team. They needed all the practice time they could get. Too much summer/rec ball. It's fine for established guys like Durant but Wall could have used more time practicing for real instead of dominating summer exhibition games.
Exactly, I was thinking this the whole time everyone was posting these vids of him dominating in pick up games.

I never thought I'd say this but I long for the days when were getting beat by the Cavs in the 1st round.

At least it was exciting, competitive basketball.

LOL I get run out of this thread for even posting this junk.

I said don't look that gift horse in the mouth. The Wizards/Bullets were irrelevant before the days of Arenas and getting bounced in the first round. Many here thought we were the new lakers/celtics.

Gotta walk and learn to win before you can play with the big boys. We blew that up.

Well, the Caps won a couple in a row so I guess all the gloom and doom is in the Wizards thread. Seriously, what did anyone expect with this team? This is a team that had exactly one quality shooter and no legit post presence last year and they added no quality shooters (don't say Roger Mason) and no legit post players in free agency or the draft.

Now I'm not saying Wall isn't deserving of some criticism but what exactly is Wall to do? Seriously, he can't run a pick n roll with anyone on this team. Even if he did a better job of driving and kicking out, this teams throws up so many bricks that his assists won't start adding up.

This team desperately needed a preseason and more practice throughout the season which will be limited because of the condensed schedule. After this ten win season, the Wiz will hopefully get the number one pick again and shed some of the dead weight in the starting lineup (Lewis and Blatche) with a new GM and head coach.