Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Rebuilding involves 2 parts, tearing down, building up. We have torn down. Don't ask me, ask Leonsis, or better yet see it with your own eyes.

Meanwhile next year is the real start of the rebuild. Next year you can expect results. This year enjoy our trip to the lottery.

Here's a secret, they've been building up. Even the damn owner acknowledges this. I'm done with you. You get my point but you are too prideful to admit that you're wrong.

Sometimes its good to just admit you were wrong and move on, this is a good time for you to do so.

Rebuilding involves 2 parts, tearing down, building up. We have torn down. Don't ask me, ask Leonsis, or better yet see it with your own eyes.

Meanwhile next year is the real start of the rebuild. Next year you can expect results. This year enjoy our trip to the lottery.

Ernie has actually drafted extremely well when you get down to it.

NY and Javale were bargains at the point they were drafted and Wall, Booker, Seraphin was a terrific haul. Singleton, Vesley, Mack was another great draft considering where we picked. Contrary to what we think Wall was not a no-brainer pick. There was significant support for taking Evan Turner on this very forum. EG could have easily screwed that up.

I think the jury is still out on NY or JaVale being long term starters for the team. I will agree that they weren't bad picks, but they are hardly great choices. Wall was a no brainer....although I like Booker, he hasn't proved he was worth the two picks we traded to get him. Seraphin looks like garbage to me; he could end up being good in the future, but I'm not seeing it.

Singleton looks like a good pick up....i'll give you that one. Can't say anything for Velsey or Mack....they haven't even played a year yet. You really can't judge any of the picks from this year till several years down the road.

And he's made some brilliant trades. Flipping Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong for Mo Evans, cap relief, Jordan Crawford, and a first round pick? Stunning. Pawning Gilbert Arenas off on a division rival for Rashard Lewis? Unbelievable. How the hell did we manage that?

The Hinrich trade was excilent, but I think the Arenas for Lewis trade was just one team trading their garbage for another team's garbage. We came out slightly better in that deal.

I'm not a big Ernie hater, but this team has been awful for a long time; I don't think we can give him a whole lot of credit.

---------- Post added December-31st-2011 at 12:59 PM ----------

lots of Wall chatter on this bard.

For the record. I think Wall will be a superstar in this league. He'll be the consensus best PG in the league within two years and some will regard him as a top 5 player.

I would never make that trade and this bust talk is ridiculous. How do you think Russell Westbrook will play when Kevin Durant is replaced by Andray Blatche and Chris Singleton? Get a grip people, he averaged 16, 8 and 4 over his rookie campaign. That didn't happen because he's not good.

My problem with him so far is his attitude. I'm not liking the fact that he seems completely disinterested the moment something goes wrong. He's behaving like post gun gate Arenas, except he's probably irritated about playing with crappy and stupid teammates. That is still no excuse for not giving effort on defense.

---------- Post added December-31st-2011 at 01:51 PM ----------

I can watch a crappy team, but I can't watch a crappy team that plays with zero effort. This is not good for the development of this team or to keep the fan base interested.

Edited by No Excuses

I am not ready too call Wall a bust but what of Oklahoma City offer us Russel Westbrook for John Wall straight up? I think i take that deal in a heart beat.

no way. Westbrook is a nice player, but he is also a bit overrated. I don't think there is a single player in this league I'd trade wall for. Like I've said before, I see him as a future top 3 player in the league.

I'd trade Wall for:

Durant, Howard, Rose, and Lebron.

That's pretty much it.

I would definitely trade Wall for Durrant; wouldn't for Rose or Howard. Obviously I would for basketball reasons for LeBron...but I hate the guy, so I'm going to say no to that as well.

Wall is still on a rookie contract and opens up possibilities for us to bring impact guys in 2012 and 2013, Howard and Rose would negate that ability to bring in free agents (cap space) and I think Wall will be better than Rose once he reaches his potential.

Lets clarify a few things.

1- When you say "draft" what you are saying is 2015. Draft picks may look good early but they don't seem to get it together to the point where results match talent until about year 3 and later.

2 - The above applies to John Wall as well so calm down. Hard to develop a pass first freshmen point guard on a team with no quality scoring options.

3 - Draft alone is not going to work because that extends the timeline too far out, and thats assuming you find a star as opposed to a Shane Battier or OJ Mayo that are good but not great. This team is going to need to trade and sign real NBA caliber players.

Take a look at our backups:

Turiaf

Seraphin

Singleton

Crawford

Mack

One inefficient scorer and four guys with no offensive game to speak of. Of the starters we have one scoring threat, Young, and he's not a 20+ threat. That my friends is not an NBA team that has a chance to win. If we are going to win with 11-19 ppg players we need a lot of them and they have to be more efficient than Wall and Blatche. We need them starting and off the bench.

Ted is going to have to spend some money. Hustle and defense is nice but this is the NBA and scoring in the 80s even with good defense is likely a slow death.

Edited by Destino

Lets clarify a few things.

1- When you say "draft" what you are saying is 2015. Draft picks may look good early but they don't seem to get it together to the point where results match talent until about year 3 and later.

2 - The above applies to John Wall as well so calm down. Hard to develop a pass first freshmen point guard on a team with no quality scoring options.

3 - Draft alone is not going to work because that extends the timeline too far out, and thats assuming you find a star as opposed to a Shane Battier or OJ Mayo that are good but not great. This team is going to need to trade and sign real NBA caliber players.

Take a look at our backups:

Turiaf

Seraphin

Singleton

Crawford

Mack

One inefficient scorer and four guys with no offensive game to speak of. Of the starters we have one scoring threat, Young, and he's not a 20+ threat. That my friends is not an NBA team that has a chance to win. If we are going to win with 11-19 ppg players we need a lot of them and they have to be more efficient than Wall and Blatche. We need them starting and off the bench.

Ted is going to have to spend some money. Hustle and defense is nice but this is the NBA and scoring in the 80s even with good defense is likely a slow death.

I agree with 100%.

You dont need a team with a bunch of offensive weapons or big names, you just need players that get it, and this team other than wall ,shelvin, singleton, mason jr don't get it. What I mean by get it, I mean players that take their jobs serious, players that would be pissed off with how many wins they had last year, players that HATE to lose, players that treat their job in a professional manner, players who are completely focused in practice, warmups before games etc. Veteran , rookie, free agents, I dont care just bring in players that get it and ship out all the other losers.I have been following this team for a very long time and would rather have the mediocre teams of the late 80's that never reached the playoffs then these bunch of clowns, and thats what exactly they are clowns at least the team in the late 80's played with heart.

I would definitely trade Wall for Durrant; wouldn't for Rose or Howard. Obviously I would for basketball reasons for LeBron...but I hate the guy, so I'm going to say no to that as well.

Wall is still on a rookie contract and opens up possibilities for us to bring impact guys in 2012 and 2013, Howard and Rose would negate that ability to bring in free agents (cap space) and I think Wall will be better than Rose once he reaches his potential.

:ols:

You're either high or the biggest Wizards homer I've ever seen.

Edited by Heisenberg

What's the point if the ultimate goal isn't to win a title?

Too have a respectable product, I loved watching Gilbert with the Wizards even if we was getting kicked out the first or second round of the playoffs its much better than watching a sucky team play.

Vesely still out.

---------- Post added January-1st-2012 at 06:33 PM ----------

@sam_amick

Sam Amick

Shocking Kings statement released regarding DeMarcus Cousins, who was sent home from the team's home game against New Orleans tonight.

@sam_amick

Sam Amick

Kings coach Paul Westphal says Cousins demanded to be traded: "When a player continually, aggressively, lets it be known that he is...

@sam_amick

Sam Amick

Westphal: "...unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team, it cannot be ignored indefinitely."