Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

And please, shut up already about the history. Eddie Jordan was thrown out because he couldn't coach defense for ****. That was why Philly threw him out as well and why he's coaching high school basketball right now.

Eddie Jordan was the best coach the team had in 20 years, and we threw him out thinking our franchise was somehow the Lakers or the Celtics.

The Wizards are the gum underneath our shoes. You have to walk before you can run. We just started to walk after 20 years of being a joke and we ran them all out of town.

Ernie Grunfeld needs to be fired TODAY. Andray Blatche needs to be traded for whatever you can get for him.

You have to win now in the NBA, or your stars walk. John Wall needs to be the #2 to a top line star. There is one of those that wants to be traded in Orlando. Do whatever it takes to get Dwight Howard next to John Wall. This should have happened in the offseason. If Ted thinks he can build a basketball team the same way he did a hockey team, well he is delusional.

---------- Post added January-4th-2012 at 03:57 PM ----------

Sure it helps, but the main point was to just move Gilbert.
This team would be better with Wall and Arenas instead of Wall and Lewis.

This team would be better with Wall and Arenas instead of Wall and Lewis.

You mean the same Arenas that's not even on an NBA team right now?

Lewis ain't great either but he has his uses. Arenas is finished. On top of that, Lewis's contract situation is much better.

Eddie Jordan was the best coach the team had in 20 years, and we threw him out thinking our franchise was somehow the Lakers or the Celtics.

The Wizards are the gum underneath our shoes. You have to walk before you can run. We just started to walk after 20 years of being a joke and we ran them all out of town.

You talk about history, yet when you talk it seems like you're completely oblivious to anything that has ever happened with this franchise, or in the NBA as a matter of fact.

Anyone who followed this team closely knew that Jordan had run out of time. His brand of basketball wasn't working anymore. It didn't work in Philly either, who right after firing him, became a playoff team with pretty much no roster turn around.

The great ex-coach of the Wizards is a high school basketball coach now.

Edited by No Excuses

McGee is going to be the toughest decision facing us this offseason, particularly if we finish with a top two pick and can potentially draft a kid like Drummond.

This is the first year McGee has really started to look like a Center and not just an athletically gifted forward who can't shoot. McGee has steadily improved and so far as we know, should continute to trend upward just like Tyson Chandler did.

It would absolutely suck to have him become that type of player for someone else after we struggled for so long while he developed.

But what if he doesn't keep improving? I doubt he'd be worth the money it will take to keep him in those circumstances.

Javale has a 23.78 PER right now. That's a gigantic improvement from last season and a fringe All Star number. If his PPG was higher but his shooting %s stayed about the same, he'd actually get burn as a potential All Star.

He's going to cost a ton of money this offseason if he keeps up his pace.

What do we do with him? Can we afford to let him go? Wouldn't that basically assure Wall walks at the end of his contract?

Finishing with a top two pick would be huge. Anthony Davis/Drummond paired with Javale could be a really potent front court.

What's the potential of a DeMarcus Cousins acquisition?

One thing is clear, Blatche has got to go for us to more forward. We need to be putting together a package of all of these nift role playing guys to get draft resources.

We need to fix our forward positions. I'd consider trading Javale for someone like Cousins straight up if I could. Other than that, I wouldn't trade Javale. Wall is untouchable. And I'd try and hold onto Singleton and one or the other of Seraphin & Booker if I could. That's the core of the team I want to build.

After that, everyone would be on the table, and I would require Blatche to be part of any deal. NY, Rashard's contract, Crawford, Vesely, etc. these guys would be traded to bring in quality at positions 2-4.

And I'd pray we get a high pick in this year's lottery to get a potential franchise guy like Davis or Drummond. Then I'd try and get a second, later lottery pick to get someone like Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

You talk about history, yet when you talk it seems like you're completely oblivious to anything that has ever happened with this franchise, or in the NBA as a matter of fact.

Anyone who followed this team closely knew that Jordan had run out of time. His brand of basketball wasn't working anymore. It didn't work in Philly either, who right after firing him, became a playoff team with pretty much no roster turn around.

The great ex-coach of the Wizards is a high school basketball coach now.

:ols:

And he was our best coach in 25 years which is the point.

You were lucky enough to start watching this team right at the time they were good. So you only know then as the good Wizards.

Meanwhile that was the only time they were good in 25 years, less one year.

So you don't know the pain of being a fan.

This team is par for the course.

This is why I personally wanted a lockout.

You were lucky enough to start watching this team right at the time they were good. So you only know then as the good Wizards.

And being the best coach doesn't change the fact that he sucked as a coach and is now out of the NBA.

Now go back to your hole.

yay another priceless quote by chipwich because he has watched the wizards longer therefore he thinks he knows more!

I mean really, longing for Eddie Jordan? The gold standard of a max of 45-37 with three All-Stars. A decent coach gets us to 50 wins without question. But he decided defense wasn't important.

Sad huh, about the fondest memories in 25+ years are Eddie Jordan and the hope that Charles Barkley was going to lose weight and come out of retirement to help Jordan out and play with him on the Wizards. :ols:

Sad huh, about the fondest memories in 25+ years are Eddie Jordan and the hope that Charles Barkley was going to lose weight and come out of retirement to help Jordan out and play with him on the Wizards. :ols:

Eddie Jordan sucked. All that was, was underachieving.

And the shot Blatche just took, good Lord get him off this team ASAP. Lol.

DVR again so I'll wait until I'm caught up or the game is over before joining any discussion (if I don't fall asleep)

In the meantime: I can't be the only one who's noticed just how much the refs **** us? Every single game. All game long. No lube. We get no calls on O, we get absurd, phantom fouls on D. It's like Ted pissed in Josef Stern's cheerios and he's otu to make an example of us.

Lol. I love Buck.

"The Magic are a really good 3-point shooting team, as are the Wizards."

*go to break*

*back from break*

"Speaking of 3 pointers, did I REALLY say that the Wizards were a good 3-point shooting team? I said that?"

Lol

---------- Post added January-4th-2012 at 09:43 PM ----------

Flip has got to be on borrowed time

He absolutely is. Been said that.

It's one thing to struggle and lose when rebuilding. It's an entirely different thing to get embarrassed on a nightly basis. We're getting embarrassed out there. I don't think Flip makes it to February. But that's just me.

Lol. I love Buck.

"The Magic are a really good 3-point shooting team, as are the Wizards."

*go to break*

*back from break*

"Speaking of 3 pointers, did I REALLY say that the Wizards were a good 3-point shooting team? I said that?"

Lol

---------- Post added January-4th-2012 at 09:43 PM ----------

He absolutely is. Been said that.

It's one thing to struggle and lose when rebuilding. It's an entirely different thing to get embarrassed on a nightly basis. We're getting embarrassed out there. I don't think Flip makes it to February. But that's just me.

the whole "we're a young team" mantra is going to get old fast when they constantly go down by 20+ at points during games. Its one thing to lose, its another completely to see almost no progress from any player on the team.

I think you're right about the time frame. Particularly if this losing streak hits double digits.

Edited by StillUnknown

Ted won't fire Flip because this is exactly what Ted wants: a complete rebuild. When you do that, you get performances like this. People forget the Capitals were terrible for a couple of years too before they finally broke through. It took a few years worth of draft classes though, and unfortunately for the Wiz, Wall is no Ovechkin. Ovie from day 1 was an elite NHL player. Wall is probably not even top 10 at his position right now(though I still like his upside).