Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Boston's commentator Tommy Heinsohn is known for being the biggest homer analyst in sports so he was probably just full of **** because when Singleton was in, I thought he played alright. Of course he'll give up a few baskets here and there to Paul Pierce who is a future HOF-er but to say he got schooled is just silly.

Good tank result tonight. Maybe Blatche's near 30 point effort will up his trade value. :)

If he stays at 13.8ppg, .543 fg%, and 11rebounds he won't get max but he's going to get paid. Averaging a double double at the NBAs weakest position wont be cheap. Those are better than Marc Gasols numbers in the reg season and about the same as his postseason production.

I'd be shocked if McGee can maintain it. If he does he deserves the payday. Marc got 4 years 57.7 million. It worries me because despite the hate we have no one, and I mean no one, behind him. It would really drive me to the edge if he finally gets his **** together and walks. I can think of a few teams in the market for a center too.

Flip cut his minutes!! lol

Edited by Destino

So...when are the Wizards going to get their first win?

The 10th at home against Toronto looks like a possibility. The Wizards will have a day off before that and it will be the 2nd of 3 in a row for Toronto.

After that, probably one of the two back to backs against Philly.

(By the way, has anyone looked ahead to their February schedule? Eegads is that brutal...)

3 home games to Clips, Toronto, and NY and then 5 straight road games over 10 days

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

This team is like watching reruns year after year. Different players, same results. I thought they were supposed to be better this year according to everyone in here? What's going on?

Pretty much everyone expected this year to be another tough rebuilding year with all the youth. When you factor in basically no training camp or preseason then it'll be even worse as our young guys are in particular need of more coaching and practice time.

Pretty much everyone expected this year to be another tough rebuilding year with all the youth. When you factor in basically no training camp or preseason then it'll be even worse as our young guys are in particular need of more coaching and practice time.

No doubt. At least last night we saw a bit more concerted effort and team participation, although I'm sure that even as that trend continues it won't translate to very many wins. We are too young and not well-enough coached to grow very much in this short season.

However, if last night's play continues I will enjoy watching them suck a lot more.

No doubt. At least last night we saw a bit more concerted effort and team participation, although I'm sure that even as that trend continues it won't translate to very many wins. We are too young and not well-enough coached to grow very much in this short season.

However, if last night's play continues I will enjoy watching them suck a lot more.

I never liked Flip and can't wait until he's gone. And Jordan Crawford is easily my least favorite wizard

I never liked Flip and can't wait until he's gone. And Jordan Crawford is easily my least favorite wizard

I was a Flip fan when he arrived but I'm seeing more clearly now that he's just not strict enough to manage this bunch of young yahoos. We need a disciplinarian and a true teacher.

I was a Flip fan when he arrived but I'm seeing more clearly now that he's just not strict enough to manage this bunch of young yahoos. We need a disciplinarian and a true teacher.

I think guys like Crawford and Blatche are just too dumb to teach. The first step is brining in teachable players.

Crawford is what he is: a streaky scorer. He's basically a better version of Juan Dixon. Maybe he can develop into a JR Smith one day, that's probably his best case scenario. I'm fine with him as a 6th man bu the should not start and he should not be a primary ball-handler.

This team is like watching reruns year after year. Different players, same results. I thought they were supposed to be better this year according to everyone in here? What's going on?

I predicted 15 wins. Just looking at the roster screams "bad year". Wall and McGee are the only two players on the starting roster that belong there. Young and Blatche have games that scream bench scoring. Lewis is a bum.

Lewis is a bum.

I get your point if you mean "at this stage in his career," but if we look at his career in retrospect he was a good player. We just got him at the wrong time and we did get rid of Arenas' contract when we got him so he served a purpose in that regard.

I get your point if you mean "at this stage in his career," but if we look at his career in retrospect he was a good player. We just got him at the wrong time and we did get rid of Arenas' contract when we got him so he served a purpose in that regard.

That's exactly what I meant. Even considering how bad he's been I still think the Gilbert trade was positive for the Wizards. I was commenting on the team as it stands right now.

Getting rid of Gilbert based on him being a distraction is a better assessment. The contracts weren't really anything in the matter as Lewis signed 6 year/$118 million contract in 2007 as opposed to Gilbert's 6 year/$124 deal in 2008. Really only got rid of a year's salary.

Getting rid of Gilbert based on him being a distraction is a better assessment. The contracts weren't really anything in the matter as Lewis signed 6 year/$118 million contract in 2007 as opposed to Gilbert's 6 year/$124 deal in 2008. Really only got rid of a year's salary.

A year is significant.

No one posted it because only a blowhard like Cowherd reaches the conclusion that John Wall is the next Stephon Marbury because he did a 15 second dance in his opening NBA game.

I'd like to see Cowherd point out how many point guards averaged 16, 8 and 4 in their rookie season.

And the people who post anything linking what he has to say.

You can ignore history of the franchise and be pissed at me, or you can know the history and be pissed and want changes.

The BEST team in your wizards lifetime, and the best coach were thrown out because fans don't know the teams history.

I do, I have watched them since the day they came to town.

Here is another link for you. Truth might hurt, or it might want you to demand change. Leonsis thinks he can build this like a hockey team, he is crazy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/tony-kornheiser-and-david-aldridge-on-john-wall/2012/01/04/gIQAn6HuaP_blog.html

But hate me, not the truth.

You can ignore history of the franchise and be pissed at me, or you can know the history and be pissed and want changes.

The BEST team in your wizards lifetime, and the best coach were thrown out because fans don't know the teams history.

I do, I have watched them since the day they came to town.

Here is another link for you. Truth might hurt, or it might want you to demand change. Leonsis thinks he can build this like a hockey team, he is crazy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/tony-kornheiser-and-david-aldridge-on-john-wall/2012/01/04/gIQAn6HuaP_blog.html

But hate me, not the truth.

Both pieces are unrelated. Cowherd is a tool who had egg on his face last year when he slammed Wall after one game but John ended up having a great rookie year. Now five games into the season, he wants to pat himself in the back for really nothing. Wall got off to a slow start but he's hardly been a major problem.

You'll find most people agreeing with the Kornheiser and Aldridge. Wall will leave if he's not surrounded by good teammates. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

And please, shut up already about the history. Eddie Jordan was thrown out because he couldn't coach defense for ****. That was why Philly threw him out as well and why he's coaching high school basketball right now.

Edited by No Excuses