Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall is going to be fine. It's three ****ing games. Barely 70 into his career.

Dude you pegged him as the superstar, nobody else.

He may be fine, meanwhile he is not. No matter what other players have said about him, he looks lost, doesn't lead the team, doesn't score baskets, doesn't make assists, and generally is playing like a Bullet/Wizard.

You expected more from him, and so did I. Just keep it real bro.

Yes, I'm the only person who pegged Wall as a superstar. Seriously, I don't have patience for your bull**** tonight. In two months, when you watch your next game, maybe then we can have a discussion.

Now now, I have watched the Wiz/Bullets since coming to Washington. I warned you about running Arenas and early outs out of town.

I told you Wall looked lost compared to Rose in Chicago.

You mocked me.

And?

My sig makes my point. I'm not the only one who believes in Wall. And no offense or anything, but Durant's opinion means a bit more to me than some half-ass, twice-a-month Wizards fans.

Been watching since day 1 bro. Talk to me in a couple months and give an honest analysis.

Wall had a bad game tonight, dissapointing to say the least, he needs to become more consistent and the entire team does too, I think that is our downfall. Wall averaged 16/8 last year in his rookie year so I wouldn't worry about this that much, he had bad games last year as well, he will be fine. Nick Young had a surprisingly bad game, he could hit everything last game and no one could stop him, its strange to see our team go so hot and cold, Wall had 20 something points last game also along with Nick's 24 while Crawford couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. The team needs to shoot consistently, no more 70% FG games by one player and 20% for another and then it switches off next game, everyone needs to shoot consistently and not shoot in streaks like what is happening this year, this is just pathetic unless we grab some consistency this year, I really can't say it enough. It is a serious problem with JaVale, Wall, Crawford, and Young, it's not a problem for Blatche though, because he is consistently terrible. They need to get their heads straight, we have the talent. So I preach patience and understanding before we crucify Wall for having a bad game and act like the sky is falling, we knew we weren't going to compete this year.

So you're off the Wall bandwagon now?

Honestly, I was never on the Wall bandwagon.

I think/hope he'll develop into a very good player but (unlike you) I never felt that he'd become the clear cut #1 PG in the league.

Not with the likes of Rose, Paul, Westbrook, Williams etc. in the league.

PS: You were right Dray.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Mystics are more competitive than this team.

Why isn't Flip fired yet? I'd rather have Pat Summit coaching.

With the worst roster in basketball, why would Leonsis fire flip???? He wont, and it's not his style. Even Leonsis knows the rebuild doesn't start until next year. This is just a dead year for a pick.

With the worst roster in basketball, why would Leonsis fire flip???? He wont, and it's not his style. Even Leonsis knows the rebuild doesn't start until next year. This is just a dead year for a pick.

Is this really the worst roster in the NBA? Or we really just concerned about finding someone better if we fire flip? All these picks we've been getting and tis team doesn't even look competitive right now...

He needs to be fired because its pretty damn clear the players could care less what he says. This teams needs somebody who will hold them accountable, the players know that Flip either won't do it, or doesn't have the authority to do it.

Honestly, looking at Flip on the sidelines, it sometimes looks like a man who would thank Leonsis if he did fire him. Deep down, I don't think he wants to be here, but he's not going to quit/resign.

I don't want our young players going through back to back seasons in which they are not held accountable for their mistakes on the court. Its one thing to be a young team, its another thing completely when every game looks like 5 random strangers thrown together for the first time.

Edited by StillUnknown

Bull****. This team has six first round picks within the last two seasons playing on the roster. The rebuild has already started, it's just that it looks like complete crap, with a roster that has no interest in playing competitively or with any sense of urgency. Everyone expected them to suck and lose, but the effort is the problem. This entire team seems mentally checked out. That's the problem. Not the losing, but the damn body language and the pathetic effort.

Edited by No Excuses

Bull****. This team has six first round picks within the last two seasons playing on the roster. The rebuild has already started, it's just that it looks like complete crap, with a roster that has no interest in playing competitively or with any sense of urgency. Everyone expected them to suck and lose, but the effort is the problem. This entire team seems mentally checked out. That's the problem. Not the losing, but the damn body language and the pathetic effort.

Really? Which one of them is any good?

How does that change anything? You're completely wrong (once again) that the rebuild hasn't started. Six first round picks in two years, what do you call that?

I think if you ask Leonsis, he will agree with me. The rebuild has started in that we gutted the roster to the bone, and cleared up cap room. The rebuild as in building a competitive roster begins next year. You didn't really this collection of misfit toys could compete in the NBA did you?

I think if you ask Leonsis, he will agree with me. The rebuild has started in that we gutted the roster to the bone, and cleared up cap room. The rebuild as in building a competitive roster begins next year. You didn't really this collection of misfit toys could compete in the NBA did you?

Keep circling around my question. Since the John Wall drafted, we have six first round picks brought into the team, which Leonsis himself is quoted as saying part of the rebuild. Maybe you should go ask, or better yet, read what he has to say about the rebuild.

Keep circling around my question. Since the John Wall drafted, we have six first round picks brought into the team, which Leonsis himself is quoted as saying part of the rebuild. Maybe you should go ask, or better yet, read what he has to say about the rebuild.

You drop first round picks like that means anything in the NBA.

How many bad teams get first round picks and do nothing.

The NBA is about ALL STARS. You draft 1 guy like Kobe, Lebron, they change your franchise. Quality over quantity is the only thing that works in the NBA. We have quantity but no quality. Maybe these guys turn into something in a couple years, but right now they are a bunch of misfit toys on a franchise with a losing tradition, with an owner who has never run an NBA franchise.

What coach do you think can come in here and make something of these guys?

The rebuilding process started 2 years ago when we shipped everyone out it's just that's it's failing. I hope Flip is holding Wall back and making him play in this garbage offense at least i hope that's the problem.

Blatche is garbage but the point guards has too make it easier for his big men, we should not have Blatche going 1 on 1 everytime down court, we should not have McGee throwing shy hooks except for the occasional Alley.

**** this garbage offense give Wall the ball and tell him create, he should have the ball for most the possession I don't care if he gets 10 turnovers he has too learn. I can't take Blatche throwing up bricks and the super sky hook from McGee. I am not saying Wall drive too the hoop every play but run around and do something not just depend on Nick Young throwing up contested shots that happen too go in, or Jordan Crawford throwing up Hail Mary's and praying it go in.

You drop first round picks like that means anything in the NBA.

How many bad teams get first round picks and do nothing.

The NBA is about ALL STARS. You draft 1 guy like Kobe, Lebron, they change your franchise. Quality over quantity is the only thing that works in the NBA. We have quantity but no quality. Maybe these guys turn into something in a couple years, but right now they are a bunch of misfit toys on a franchise with a losing tradition, with an owner who has never run an NBA franchise.

What coach do you think can come in here and make something of these guys?

Keep deflecting and building up strawman arguments. I have never argued that the NBA is not about All Stars or that the coach can make something of these guys.

You said we weren't rebuilding and to ask Leonsis. You were wrong, because we are rebuilding and Leonsis even acknowledges it. We were stacking up on first round picks to build up depth, find role players and to get younger. Leonsis acknowledges that.

No one said a new coach will make these guys better. But a new coach can possibly bring out a little more effort than the current.

Sometimes its good to just admit you were wrong and move on, this is a good time for you to do so.