Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

It's hard to believe EG could put together a team this horrible and still have a job.

Even Leonsis will tell you he is faithful to his GM's.

In EG's defense, he is doing exactly what he was told by his owner. Gut the team to the bone then rebuild it. Rebuilding starts next year.

NBA has the worst reffing in all of sports, easily.
wow these refs are idiots.

So pissed at the refs tonight. We get absolutely no respect.

Wall played a ton of basketball in the offseason. Is it possible he's fatigued?

It's the type of basketball he was playing.

Ernie has actually drafted extremely well when you get down to it.

NY and Javale were bargains at the point they were drafted and Wall, Booker, Seraphin was a terrific haul. Singleton, Vesley, Mack was another great draft considering where we picked. Contrary to what we think Wall was not a no-brainer pick. There was significant support for taking Evan Turner on this very forum. EG could have easily screwed that up.

And he's made some brilliant trades. Flipping Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong for Mo Evans, cap relief, Jordan Crawford, and a first round pick? Stunning. Pawning Gilbert Arenas off on a division rival for Rashard Lewis? Unbelievable. How the hell did we manage that?

Ernie has done an amazing job reshaping the roster in just two years. You're just being impatient--prisoner of the moment syndrome.

Older post but always relevant. I just roll my eyes at the Ernie hate.

That was the scouting report on him coming out of school.

So you're off the Wall bandwagon now?

Seriously, DC has the most impatient and fickle sports fans in the world. Doesn't matter the sport or the team, every ****ing discussion goes the same. Blah blah blah. We suck, we always suck, fire him, cut him, trade him, BUST!!!, so on and so forth. Wonder what OKC fans were talking about when the Thunder struggled to win 20 games Durants first two years in the league.

This team will be fine. It's young as ****, it's a bunch of raw talent literally learning to play basketball, they're only going to get better, our draft pick next year in a draft that might set a record for awesome is going to be the key, I'll panic in a few years if Wall doesn't develop (won't happen) and we bomb this upcoming pick (probably won't happen). Until then, I'll enjoy watching young players figure this **** out slowly but surely. I got all the faith in the world in Wall (spare me the Derrick Rose comparisons and how Wall lacks. Rose was drafted by a team that would've been picking 15th in the NFL draft. He went to a ****ing playoff team. And he will still never win a title). I'm excited to see how McGee develops. Crawford is going to be fun to watch grow. I fap to the thought of Blatche being dumped (it's coming). Really curious to see what Vesely brings. Singleton is fun. Booker is going to grow. Wondering what Seraphin can do--if he can put it together. I mean there's a ton of stuff that's positive.

The only question I have is Flip. He all but officially lost me tonight. That **** with Mason tonight is embarrassing. It's one thing to struggle as you rebuild and grow. It's another thing to look like amateur hour. I give it another month (too close to Christmas) then fire him and see what Cassell can do. The NBA is so tough with coaches though. How big of a role do they have? What type of personality would get the most out of your young talent? Is he a coach that can not only develop players but also win big with them after the development? Kinda wish Avery Johnson was available. And if the Heat fail to get a title again this year and Spoelstra is fired, he's still my #1 choice.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

The really disturbing thing about Wall's shooting this year is that he's had TONS of open shots and chances to finish at the rim.

It's a bit distressing but I think all the games he played in the summer with no defense played really limited his chances at improving on skills necessary as a PG.