Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

for about 10 minutes this team looked great...then a crucial mistake by McGee ended that. If we could just increase our basketball IQ, I swear we have a chance..

McGee is playing well, Blatche is hurting the team it looks like his confidence is shot and he's playing hot potato.

Wall is doing great he need too stop and pop more you can't just force the ball with 7 footers and josh smith down there.

Nick Young sparked the team I think he was takin out too quickly.

Singleton is a beast on the defensive end.

for about 10 minutes this team looked great...then a crucial mistake by McGee ended that. If we could just increase our basketball IQ, I swear we have a chance..

Of course #7 was on the bench for that stretch.

Nick's shooting cut the atl lead to 2, blatche re-enters, and they now lead by 13.

Wall has lost his poise. He's not running an offense. He's not taking good shots.

We need to settle him down.

Also we're pretty bad at playing zone. I don't understand how zone can be so difficult for a professional basketball player to grasp when all they have to do all day is play basketball.

Maybe it's because defense was one of the only things I was good at when I played, but am I wrong that we shouldn't be making it look this hard?

Bad foul call on McGee. But he makes some ridiculous ass faces when he gets bad foul calls.

Our zones are just subpar IMO. Too many lanes on the whole. We're a step slow.

If we're going to stick with this defense, I hope we start picking it up. This is just painful.

And god we give up waaaaaaay to many offensive rebounds.

Goddamnit McGee, picked up too many fouls too quick. He was doing so well going almost the entire first half without a foul and then he gets four in a span of about 10 minutes. Lost his composure.

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 09:19 PM ----------

Wall telegraphed that pass. Turnovers and offensive rebounds galore. We're giving away far too many possessions.

---------- Post added December-28th-2011 at 09:24 PM ----------

Ugh. Story of our life. Rashard makes a really nice hustle steal but can't hold onto it and Atl recovers and drains the open J before we can reset.

Edited by stevemcqueen1