Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't think Curry or anyone on GS actually campaigned for Durant.

The hell they didn't. Him, Iggy and KD planned this during the World Championships in 2014 I think. And if I'm wrong about that, which I doubt... They were definitely present, along with Draymond, for the meeting with KD and the team.

I'm not saying that's what Wall needs to do, I'm just saying that the Warriors did it for KD.

I think players would want to play here now, we just don't have the money anymore.

Okay I'm ready to talk about this now...

What's the possibility of a sign and trade with Indiana for Otto Porter? What's the possibility of making that work?

Also, same question applies to Blake Griffin... Can there be a double sign and trade between two teams?

11 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

The hell they didn't. Him, Iggy and KD planned this during the World Championships in 2014 I think. And if I'm wrong about that, which I doubt... They were definitely present, along with Draymond, for the meeting with KD and the team.

I'm not saying that's what Wall needs to do, I'm just saying that the Warriors did it for KD.

I think players would want to play here now, we just don't have the money anymore.

Okay I'm ready to talk about this now...

What's the possibility of a sign and trade with Indiana for Otto Porter? What's the possibility of making that work?

Also, same question applies to Blake Griffin... Can there be a double sign and trade between two teams?

Trading our first for Bogs made any trade with Indy unlikely. There are other teams that will be able to package more role players and picks.  We have very little of either. 

• Like 1

The decision to not even try to campaign for Whiteside last summer was depressing. I get that they were going for Horford, and that I have a hate that runs deep with him. But Whiteside would have been the edge we needed. That was squashed because no one wanted to hurt Marcin's feelings. 

Anyways, the bogs trade killed any real package for the upcoming year. I expect the team to have a Luke warm approach to the offseason and take fliers on whatever vagabond pg's are available. They will most likely go into the season with the same starting 5, and a minor change to the bench. 

Speaking of Bogdonavic, I have to believe that he was suffering from an undisclosed injury the last month of the season. He went from lights out to missing free throws. We would be better off trying to bring him back and pairing him with a better 1/2 core. Jennings was awful in just about every way. No he wasn't as bad as Thornton or Burke, but his defense and hesitancy to shoot the ball can not be paired with a guy like Bojan. 

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Of course, NOW the Celtics can't hit 3s. After hitting 8 of 14 in 2nd half of game 7 they are 1 of 14 in 1st half against Cavs. And they are wide open 3s. 

3-17 from 3 so far.

That's pretty putrid. 

The Cavs offense is so much smarter than the Wizards, they aren't allowing Boston to hide anyone on defense.  If Kyrie, Lebron, or Love have the more favorable matchup they instantly have the ball.  If none of them do, they force the Celtics to switch and create a mismatch before attacking.   

• Like 1

Draymond Green is the one who lobbied Durant to come to GS.  Then when FA hit, the core of the team flew out to meet with Durant, including Curry.

John has a bunch of good relationships with other players around the league.  If it came time to pitch another star on coming here, he'd be an asset.  I have no doubt that he'd be in on any face to face meeting if we asked him to do it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Probably, because he'll get a SL invite as a non-drafted rookie.  With only the #52 overall pick, EG and the rest of the FO will have to go dumpster-diving. 

16 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

John Wall wins 3rd team All-NBA. Isaiah Thomas is 2nd team. I'm glad Wall got on, but I feel some kinda way about IT getting more votes for second team than him. 

Wall should be 2nd team.  IT is about as one-dimensional of a player as you'll find in the NBA.  For as good as he is on offense, he was HISTORICALLY bad on defense.  I guess that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.  *shrugs*