Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall didn't say anything worth celebrating. He could very easily demand Ernie's dismissal. He needs to learn that you can't do epic **** with basic people. (Wisdom of DJax) it's not enough to demand a result, he has to demand accountability. Plus, les face reality here, players aren't turning down the wiz because the team isn't offering to pay them. Ernie isn't known for low balling the players he wants.

• Like 3

Good for Wall.

It's not just overpaying sometimes. It's overpaying for the right thing. If you're the Wizards, you have to show the league and agents that you're for real. The Nats overpaid for Werth and it was Shaky at 1st. But they had to do that and go the guy they wanted who provided some of the biggest moments since the 30 years without baseball here. 

Now the problem is.....Ernie isn't the guy to pick the right guy to overpay. 

• Like 1

Wall didn't say anything worth celebrating. He could very easily demand Ernie's dismissal. He needs to learn that you can't do epic **** with basic people. (Wisdom of DJax) it's not enough to demand a result, he has to demand accountability. Plus, les face reality here, players aren't turning down the wiz because the team isn't offering to pay them. Ernie isn't known for low balling the players he wants.

I can agree with this up to the "slippery slope" point.

Should we support Wall in trying to force out a Front Office member, regardless of how incompetent the NBA feels he is? What if he decides to go after Brooks next?

Is there an "exception clause" in being okay with players publicly and behind the scenes trying to get their superiors fired?

Again, I agree Wall needs to make it clear to Leonis that at some point either Ernie leaves or he's going to another team. I'm definitely making an exception here, because I do not like it when this happens 99% of the time in other cases (players complaining to the owner about their superiors). I think we saw a million different ways that can go wrong with recent history of the Redskins.

Sources: As 12:01 AM nears, free agent Hassan Whiteside's focus is centered on Miami and Dallas. Decision could come quickly on July 1.

And Miami is on record saying they didnt want to pay the max. So does that mean Dallas, a team with no relevant pieces at all are in a better position than we are for him? Thats just crazy. Im ok with failing. Im not ok with failing without them even hearing us out.

Again, I agree Wall needs to make it clear to Leonis that at some point either Ernie leaves or he's going to another team. I'm definitely making an exception here, because I do not like it when this happens 99% of the time in other cases (players complaining to the owner about their superiors). I think we saw a million different ways that can go wrong with recent history of the Redskins.

Or a million ways it could go right with recent history of the Redskins. The issue has always been that you cant fix the team if the guy making all the problems is still around. Vinny Cerrato is Ernie Grunfield. Snyder tried just canning him, and even that didnt work. He finally did the right thing and got a top rated GM, now look at them...

If we fail to make this team a serious contender this year, Wall is gone regardless of the promises made or additional money offered. No one wants to stay a loser forever. This is the exact reason Durant is even in this situation in the first place.

Or a million ways it could go right with recent history of the Redskins. The issue has always been that you cant fix the team if the guy making all the problems is still around. Vinny Cerrato is Ernie Grunfield. Snyder tried just canning him, and even that didnt work. He finally did the right thing and got a top rated GM, now look at them...

If we fail to make this team a serious contender this year, Wall is gone regardless of the promises made or additional money offered. No one wants to stay a loser forever. This is the exact reason Durant is even in this situation in the first place.

Well, that's one more vote for "exception". Maybe my concern needs to be a separate thread all together.

And Miami is on record saying they didnt want to pay the max. So does that mean Dallas, a team with no relevant pieces at all are in a better position than we are for him? Thats just crazy. Im ok with failing. Im not ok with failing without them even hearing us out.

Ernie doesn't work every angle. He probably targeted a few players and his moves will be done quickly, good or bad. I doubt he even seriously reached out to Whiteside, he's happy with his euro center.

He's always lacked vision and the audacity needed to realize it.

This is extremely embarrassing. We can't even get a sit-down with Batum. Sigh

Might be a blessing, because he's being wildly over rated right now. He's good but probably no where near good enough to justify the deal he's going to get.