Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Under the right conditions, I think Lin might be better than Kemba. But they have to be perfect conditions. They are both underated imo. Funny how Lin can go from nonrated, to overated, to underrated in the span of a few years.

There was a zero percent chance Beal was ever leaving here. Complete no brainer on the extension. I only question the fact that there was no options written into the contract. But I full expected him here, so whatever.

Lets spend $130 Mil on a guy so we can secure our spot in the East as a routine ~45 game winner 1 or 2 and done playoff team. Sounds like a great plan.

Not to pile on with the other posters, but you know who got, not 1, but 2 max contract offers coming off of microfracture in 2015 and torn meniscus in 2016? Chandler Parsons, whose average of 19/6/3 during the last two months of the season was the highlight of his Mavs tenure. Evan Turner just got 4yrs 70 mil. How many max offers do you think Beal would have got in the open market? It is what it is

Edited by bearrock
  • Like 1

Not to pile on with the other posters, but you know who got, not 1, but 2 max contract offers coming off of microfracture in 2015 and torn meniscus in 2016? Chandler Parsons, whose average of 19/6/3 during the last two months of the season was the highlight of his Mavs tenure. Evan Turner just got 4yrs 70 mil. How many max offers do you think Beal would have got in the open market? It is what it is

And those teams haven't won anything either.

But yeah, lets replicate loser teams.

Beal was a damned if you do, and damned if you don't situation. Doesn't fix anything. But considering how wrecked this franchise is, they had to do it and hope he finds a way to stay healthy. He might...and they could still miss the playoffs. So now they do have 5 guys under contract. Hooray. 

And those teams haven't won anything either.

But yeah, lets replicate loser teams.

So preference is what? Sit out free agency until you draft LeBron/Steph/Duncan/Kobe?

Or just sign LeBron and Bosh?

Trade for two future HOFs like Garnett and Allen?

Which NBA championship blueprint was the Wizards supposed to follow at this point?

• Like 1

So preference is what? Sit out free agency until you draft LeBron/Steph/Duncan/Kobe?

Which NBA championship blueprint was the Wizards supposed to follow at this point?

He won't answer because he has no solution. I asked him earlier what he'd do with the money but he doesn't even know why he has the opinion he has. But that's typical, all he does is bounce from thread to thread and **** about everything when things aren't going right. Edited by GOSKINS_08
  • Like 2

In fairness it doesn't matter, because as long as losers like Ted and Ernie run the team we're screwed. We'll never draft well enough to be a Spurs/Warriors/Thunder type team, and we'll never be shrewd enough in FA/trades to win titles the way the Celtics/Heat did.

He won't answer because he has no solution. I asked him earlier what he'd do with the money but he doesn't even know why he has the opinion he has. But that's typical, all he does is bounce from thread to thread and **** about everything when things aren't going right.

I wouldn't spend $100 Mil of it on an oft injured never all star SG, that's for sure.

If we're gonna try to make it work with Wall and co. I'd rather spread the money around on a bunch of decent players who will actually play. We won't have stars but at least we won't have a major investment riding the bench nursing an injury a quarter of every year.

But hey, some of you are happy winning 45 games a year. Who am I to persuade you against that?

Ya, but the way some of these cats are getting paid today I'm glad nobody "big" will talk to us. Horford definitely not going back to ATL with Howard agreeing in principle, so we will see.  I don't see us getting a third star this offseason, though, honestly.

So are we just not going to have a team this year...

If only.

I find it sad that my only hope for the upcoming season is that a GM, who I think sucks, builds a competitive team so that a coach, who I think sucks, can find someway to make them better. I bet Wall is pissed right now.

Edited by MLSKINS
  • Like 1

Can Atlanta keep Howard and Milsap or will they have to move Milsap?

I think it means that they'll have to let Horford walk.

Wiz had two options, sign Beal or restart everything and trade Wall.

Pretty much. Beal has been the second foundation block in our build since we picked him in the draft. Giving up on him meant giving up on our build. At that point you have to trade Wall because, even if you are bad enough to draft high enough and get another foundation block, he'll be too young to be in the same window as Wall. And you can't trade Beal for another potential foundation block if you don't sign him to an extension.

Letting him walk would have been a pointless disaster.

• Like 1

Not loving Atlanta's offseason so far. Dwight Howard is looking significantly diminished and they're paying him double what they'd been paying Horford. Then they traded Teague and ended up reaching a bit for Taurean Prince. They've made too many risky moves and the upside doesn't necessarily justify them. They could take a step back next year.

Evan Turner got 17 million a year...

The Rockets got their entire ring of fame out to woo Kent Bazemore and he's going to make like 20 million a year.

Chandler Parsons got 24 million a year.

Beal's contract looks fine in that context.

Wall's contract looks amazing now.

Ryan Anderson's contract is going to be scary. I'm just waiting to see what the damage will be.