Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

@daldridgent - Washington, San Antonio and Minnesota in the mix for C Ian Mahinmi, who won’t return to Indy next year after Pacers’ deal w/Al Jefferson.

Isn't he ranked the worst center out of the 30 teams?  Of course he's better than my Hornets current center lol

No. Would much rather bring Nene back over him.

I'd take Nene over him, considering we lost Big Al.

If only.

I find it sad that my only hope for the upcoming season is that a GM, who I think sucks, builds a competitive team so that a coach, who I think sucks, can find someway to make them better. I bet Wall is pissed right now.

Don't think Wall is pissed, just makes his decision to bounce easier in a couple of years.

Besides Anderson, who else are we legitimately targeting? I haven't heard anything else, but could have missed something.

never fear, JMichael said we're looking to bring back 2 of 3 between Dudley, Anderson, & Temple. bright days ahead

Mahinmi was solid last season. Slightly above average starter. Quality back up. He knows his limitations and is efficient and he does the dirty work you need from a C. Fairly durable. Very good defender. You can definitely get 20 quality minutes per game from him. Only downside is he can't shoot FTs for ****.

Oh well. Maybe when we slide home with 15 wins next year, maybe Ernie will finally get the ax. Especially when it's apparent nobody wants to play in DC, let alone visit for a meeting.

We can't even get a damn visit. Batum was just gonna send a text or something lol

• Like 1

The Wizards are irrelevant. Even in the "good" years that secured Ernie a job they were playing in the worst conference in NBA history with amazingly lucky draws in the playoffs.

I didn't watch more than 5 games all last year, and that stands to decrease this year. I can't even hate the Beal contract. I don't think he's worth it, but who else are we going to bring in? Ted has long since accepted mediocrity in a super-star driven league, we have nothing that is going to draw a real winner to this city.

Wall is great, but he's not a transcendent talent like Curry or LeBron. If you're going to turn your small market team into a legitimate NBA champion, you need to luck into a generational player. 

Edited by MonkFan8
  • Like 1

The Wizards are irrelevant. Even in the "good" years that secured Ernie a job they were playing in the worst conference in NBA history with amazingly lucky draws in the playoffs.

I didn't watch more than 5 games all last year, and that stands to decrease this year. I can't even hate the Beal contract. I don't think he's worth it, but who else are we going to bring in? Ted has long since accepted mediocrity in a super-star driven league, we have nothing that is going to draw a real winner to this city.

Wall is great, but he's not a transcendent talent like Curry or LeBron. If you're going to turn your small market team into a legitimate NBA champion, you need to luck into a generational player.

Nobody knows how good Wall is because he's a true PG. It's amazing to me how much **** he gets simply because he plays his position the way it was intended to be played. The sad thing is we could be watching Wall and Harden right now but instead Ernie wouldn't trade the pick. Whatever, **** it.

5 games, huh?  *sigh, thanks for your input.

• Like 4

Horford would be a huge get. He'd put the team in the neighborhood of 50 wins. I'm not expecting it though. We're not that lucky.

Atlanta has a $$$ problem as they currently don't have enough to give Horford.  They'll have to make some trades and shed salary to get him signed.  Milsap is the guy that will have to be moved. 

While I don't think we're frontrunners for Big Al, our % of signing him is a lot better than zero LOL. 

Let's see what happens today. 

Wall

Beal

Porter

Horford

Gortat

Spacing galore....

Atlanta has a $$$ problem as they currently don't have enough to give Horford.  They'll have to make some trades and shed salary to get him signed.  Milsap is the guy that will have to be moved. 

While I don't think we're frontrunners for Big Al, our % of signing him is a lot better than zero LOL. 

Let's see what happens today. 

Wall

Beal

Porter

Horford

Gortat

Spacing galore....

If I'm them, I think I keep Millsap and let Horford walk. Millsap is a DPOY caliber PF and probably a better fit playing beside Dwight. And they have Tiago Splitter at back up C. A true PF + two true Cs is a more balanced construction than a PF/C tweener and two Cs.

But if they want to keep Horford and are trying to get rid of Millsap, I'd gladly take him off their hands.

If I were Horford, I would rather play in DC than Boston or Houston. Houston is a mess. Boston is good, definitely has a deeper roster with more back end quality. But I would rather go into a playoff series on the team with Wall and Beal than the team with Isiah Thomas and Avery Bradley and Jae Crowder. Wall and Beal would tear those guys up.

But Boston has a huge Dominican population and DC has a tiny one. That is a big factor for Horford, so I could certainly see him choosing them. If he does, I want us to go after Jared Sullinger.