Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I now it's hard to separate 40 years of suck from simply the frustrations of the Wall era, but we seriously need to just go ahead and do what we should've done 3 years ago (build around Wall and stop sacrificing his prime and our roster on pipe dreams). If we cannot even get Durant to even talk to us, the odds of us being able to just sign another star are slim to none.

Edited by Renegade7

Signing Beal to a super max was a forgone conclusion 3 years ago. Seemed to be anointed his rookie season. But without any injury provisions? smh.

Anyways, everything is going just about as expected. The fact that Portland has offered Parsons a 4 year max leads me to believe one of either Crabbe or Leonard could be snagged. Thats something positive to look at, I guess. Im rooting for Crabbe, personally. I think we can still land a strong roster roster though.  Our surprise move will be a trade for McBob.

The Lakers...haha. That's hilarious.

The Lakers just shelled out 16 million a year for four years to a little used player off Cleveland's bench who was just about the only center in the league that had a worse season than Hibbert last year. Nick Young is the voice of leadership and maturity in their locker room. They're pinning their hopes on two kids: one whose most notable achievement as a rookie was snitching on his teammate and getting shunned by the locker room, and another who is a real life Jack Skellington.

And this doesn't even cover the debacle that was the end of the Kobe Bryant era.

These teams will be remembered as the ****-show-time Lakers.

• Like 1

Y'all know Durant is gonna be a FA again next year right?

You can put your eggs in that basket if you want, but I'm done.

I don't expect to see him in a Wizards uniform until he has a ring or two and well past his prime (sort of a last couple years close to home) at best. I suggested he move out to Loudoun County if he really didn't want his past drapped all over him living in DC, but Ernie and Ted are acting buckets of green slime right now.

Time to focus on the House of Guards again and building around that to see how far we can get. It's not perfect, but I'm done with this "Grass is Greener" nonsense.

• Like 1

I was just pointing out that all this hand-wringing about Durant's visit and whatnot was pointless. He was never gonna do anything this year but sign a two-year/opt-out and hit the market again next year. We've got three pages of dudes jumping off a ledge about something that was absolutely never gonna happen. Furthermore, Bron has the East on lock for the next 1-2 years anyway...time to take a more reasoned approach.

How much money is Ryan Anderson going to get? I am having anxiety about this. In this market 14-15 million would be a huge bargain. We need to step back from the frenzy and see the top 20-30 free agents are going for ruinous amounts of money. Everyone is buying at the absolute highest point and our risk profile is already huge from the Beal contract. Just get the hell out of the marketplace, focus on trades, and wait for everyone to run out of money so that you can sign a Cole Aldrich or a Zaza Pachulia for a sane dollar amount.

• Like 1

How much money is Ryan Anderson going to get? I am having anxiety about this. In this market 14-15 million would be a huge bargain. We need to step back from the frenzy and see the top 20-30 free agents are going for ruinous amounts of money. Everyone is buying at the absolute highest point and our risk profile is already huge from the Beal contract. Just get the hell out of the marketplace, focus on trades, and wait for everyone to run out of money so that you can sign a Cole Aldrich or a Zaza Pachulia for a sane dollar amount.

Reasoned approach.

I was just pointing out that all this hand-wringing about Durant's visit and whatnot was pointless. He was never gonna do anything this year but sign a two-year/opt-out and hit the market again next year. We've got three pages of dudes jumping off a ledge about something that was absolutely never gonna happen. Furthermore, Bron has the East on lock for the next 1-2 years anyway...time to take a more reasoned approach.

our ****ing GM spent 2 years preparing for it to happen. literally kept the team in stasis and he couldn't even get a pity meeting. you stay reasonable when we roll into next season with the same starting 5.

**** reason

**** ted leonsis

**** ernie grunfeld

**** the king

**** this franchise

Edited by StillUnknown

Also the one thing we absolutely can't do is commit a ton of money to bench guards. That is the only position in this free agency period that has enough competent back up caliber players to go around for the entire league. If we do have to overpay for a bench position, make sure it's a PF or C.

And we'll have a zero percent chance again next year.

Even IF the Wiz managed to pull it together some kinda way and look like a legit basketball team and won 55 games and got to the conference finals, we STILL have our owner burning bridges and taking shots.

Found the Ernie and Ted plant. Bruh take this ish somewhere else. No one is buying "reasoned approach".

Even IF the Wiz managed to pull it together some kinda way and look like a legit basketball team and won 55 games and got to the conference finals, we STILL have our owner burning bridges and taking shots.

I honestly think that even if Westbrook left next summer, the Warriors were destroyed in an earthquake, and RC Buford and Greg Popovich inexplicably take over the Wizards such that we were left standing as his only good choice for pure basketball reasons, he wouldn't sign here. I think it's clear he doesn't like our ownership and management and does not want to play in DC.

I honestly think that even if Westbrook left next summer, the Warriors were destroyed in an earthquake, and RC Buford and Greg Popovich inexplicably take over the Wizards such that we were left standing as his only good choice for pure basketball reasons, he wouldn't sign here. I think it's clear he doesn't like our ownership and management and does not want to play in DC.

Did you read the article a few months ago about KD not wanting to play in DC?  

It wasn't out of his mouth, but someone from his inner circle said that said DC is home for him and he enjoys playing in front of the hometown crowd when he comes through once a year, but that he does not want to play for the Wizards.  That he didn't want the pressure and expectations that playing in DC would happen if he signed there.  

I'd think that if you had better pieces in place to make a legit run to make the finals and your front office handled it differently, there would have been a shot, even if he truly feels that way about playing there.  

I don't understand why people thought contracts would stay the same after the cap went way up. These are just inflated contracts keeping up with the cap. These contracts probably won't even look bad in the near future as the cap is expected to make a big jump again

• Like 2