Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

After I've calmed down I feel a little better now. I'm still worried about the series but all we should have expected realistically is a split in the first 2. Thats still a good accomplishment. It took a career game from Hibbert and a bad game for all of our perimeter players for Indiana to escape with a win at home. Take both games in DC and we'll win in 5 or 6.

Not even angry. We split with the #1 seed in their hometown. Hibbert had his "Dunleavy" night. That guy's good but he can't sustain the mental strength to do it again in DC. 

Ariza has been locking down Paul George. Gortat has been a baller. Wall and Nene could be better but they shoulder the load well. I didn't expect Beal to have 2 great games in a row but I do expect him to shine on friday night.

We're where we need to be and we can win this series. It's going to go at least 6 games so we all just have to dig in and expect the team to have to wrok even harder than they did against Chcago. The Pacers play Chicago-style defense but they can also score. The Bulls couldn't score.

• Like 2

Not even angry. We split with the #1 seed in their hometown. Hibbert had his "Dunleavy" night. That guy's good but he can't sustain the mental strength to do it again in DC. 

Ariza has been locking down Paul George. Gortat has been a baller. Wall and Nene could be better but they shoulder the load well. I didn't expect Beal to have 2 great games in a row but I do expect him to shine on friday night.

We're where we need to be and we can win this series. It's going to go at least 6 games so we all just have to dig in and expect the team to have to wrok even harder than they did against Chcago. The Pacers play Chicago-style defense but they can also score. The Bulls couldn't score.

Well put. 

I'm not worried about losing last night.  I still think we win the series in 6.  We look like the better team.  The silver lining is that as poorly as we played last night, we still had a chance to win the game.  I like our chances going forward. 

Sucked not getting it. Making some damn free throws shouldn't be this hard. We made mistakes, but we could have had this game.

The Pacers are a different team on the road. I'm still confident.

The foul line issues are driving me CRAZY. THAT I will admit. Never ceases to amaze me how we don't see every NBA player make 90% of their free throws. They're FREE.

Big man or not. It's the easiest undefended shot in a game they've been excelling at since puberty.

Make your ****ing foul shots.

• Like 1

A little lost mojo with one loss, huh? This is second game in a row Ariza has held PG under 20 points, who is their only consistent scoring threat. Even if Hibbert does start playing better, I don't expect Wall and Ariza to combine for 12 points again like that at home.

We can play defense as well, but still have more scoring options then they do. I'm still sticking with 6 and I don't feel losing one game to the #1 seed means we're in danger of losing the series or not standing a chance in a possible matchup with Miami.

It's gonna be alright, guys : )

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

Not seeing much love for the Wiz around the media this morning. Not saying they're bashing them but really only seeing the slurping of Indy. Blah blah blah. Those suckas barely had a chance if we would have made some FTs!

LMAO, anyone see this from the other day? 
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/05/06/lady-gaga-wizards.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nba:specialsts

The foul line issues are driving me CRAZY. THAT I will admit. Never ceases to amaze me how we don't see every NBA player make 90% of their free throws. They're FREE.

Big man or not. It's the easiest undefended shot in a game they've been excelling at since puberty.

Make your ****ing foul shots.

It drives me crazy as well.

Even beyond free throws, I never really understood how players, especially guards & wingmen, can play all their life and still not have a consistent jumpshot.

• Like 1

A little lost mojo with one loss, huh? This is second game in a row Ariza has held PG under 20 points, who is their only consistent scoring threat. Even if Hibbert does start playing better, I don't expect Wall and Ariza to combine for 12 points again like that at home.

We can play defense as well, but still have more scoring options then they do. I'm still sticking with 6 and I don't feel losing one game to the #1 seed means we're in danger of losing the series or not standing a chance in a possible matchup with Miami.

It's gonna be alright, guys : )

We never really stood a chance against Miami. But I think we could give them a decent series. Make them work harder than anyone else in the East will.

It's not our time to beat Miami yet. NBA is a wait your turn league and it's still Miami's turn for now. Our turn will come when Wall and Beal get older and Miami's core gets old.

Even if we win this series, the ride stops against Miami. We can't beat them. We can probably win two. But we can't win four.

Agreed.

It was nice to get past round 1, any farther we get now is just gravy. But more importantly great experience for Wall and Beal.

Beal has been so impressive in these playoffs. He's gonna be a star. And his defense has jumped up a level, or two.

Edited by STBonecrusher21
  • Like 1

We never really stood a chance against Miami. But I think we could give them a decent series. Make them work harder than anyone else in the East will.

It's not our time to beat Miami yet. NBA is a wait your turn league and it's still Miami's turn for now. Our turn will come when Wall and Beal get older and Miami's core gets old.

We'll let San Antonio beat Miami cause they are going to the NBA Finals.

It wasn't our turn to beat Chicago, either. Still had people picking us to lose to Indiana in 5 before this series started. Idk, man, but for me until they beat us, that series isn't over yet. It's not like they've been pwning us like they used to, its been pretty back and forth the last year or two.

Screw miami, maybe its their time to loose.   People want to see us take the next step, its not impossible for that step to be this year, this playoffs, and for that step to land squarely on miami's throat. 

But first things first.. 

Edited by CurseReversed

Is it just me or does gortat have a pair of stone hands? Ive seen him bobble or out right drop some easy passes under the basket.

It's strange. He'll let one bounce off his hands that is put right in his chest. But then he'll snag one down around his knees on a pick and roll. lol

It wasn't our turn to beat Chicago, either. Still had people picking us to lose to Indiana in 5 before this series started. Idk, man, but for me until they beat us, that series isn't over yet. It's not like they've been pwning us like they used to, its been pretty back and forth the last year or two.

It's not the same as with Chicago or Indy. We're actually a better team than those two right now. The people picking the other teams realized this pretty quick. We should win these series and it would be a disappointment if we lose to Indy.

We're not better than Miami. Miami is in the top class with San Antonio, OKC, and LAC. And truth be told, they're probably the favorite against those other three teams too.