Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Wall sucked too.  A god-awful 4th quarter, we had a better chance to win with Andre Miller in with how bad Wall was playing.  It's not so much the terrible shooting, but he did not push the fast break nearly enough tonight.  He settled for Indy's style of play.

Edited by Sticksboi05

Davis West is a DIRTY player. Amazed opposing coaches don't send plays to league for review. Bows to the head, chokes...

He pulled Wall's arm to get the inbound man open. Then he hugged Gortat to get the second pass open. Consecutively. 3 seconds apart. Out in the open.

Probably could have won but we didn't deserve it. I wonder how the game turns out if Wall instead of chucking a 3, takes the layup on that fast break.

Yeah man. We shot three straight three pointers. It pissed me off lol

Oh yeah, when the Pacers took that one point lead, we should have called a Timeout. They came back down and got a dunk, and the momentum was completely in their favor.

Undisciplined play late.  Cannot act like a middle school player and chuck up 3's with 2 minutes left on the clock.  All we need was points and they are out there like they are going for game winners. 

Regardless, I still like where we are this series, we did what we needed, took a game on the road.  Now time to protect our court.  Hibbert isn't scoring 28 ppg the rest of the way.

Ugly game. Played like ****. Hibbert had a career game. And we still almost won. We still got this

Well, no ESPN for me for the next day or so. This free throw thing is a serious.

Exact same thought. Just imaging the coming Hibbert circlejerk is making me nauseous.

Man, we only shot 41% from the line? No wonder we lost.

I didn't see the game until late, but from what I'm seeing, it looks like we beat ourselves...

Yeah, we shot 41% from the line but the real issue was only having 12 attempts.

And fwiw, 4 of the misses were by one man. Nene.

Agreed with STBonecrusher that Nene should consider taking a step back and shooting jump shots for his FTs given his ability to hit medium range jumpers from the field. Frustrating loss given that we shot ourselves in the foot and still only lost by 4. This series is ours for the taking, but we can't beat ourselves.

• Like 1

John Wall has been getting a lot of love lately and it's been well deserved but if he wants to be the best PG (his stated goal), or even top 3 in the postseason, he's got to improve on his scoring. He's shooting an abysmal .352 from the field and .214 from three in the postseason. If you think that bad, through two games in this Indy series he's .222 and .000, yes zero, as in 0-7 from three point land. His all around game has been great but his scoring... If he even had a mediocre scoring night the team wins tonight. 6 points on 13 shots? His shooting isn't the only thing that went wrong tonight, not by a mile, but it certainly is one of them. Not saying he isn't good but his shooting in the postseason has been ugly.

Game three is a must win to avoid letting them get two much confidence. John needs to be on a damn mission that game. This team goes as he does.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

Yeah there is no reason why Wall shouldn't be at least trying to attack the basket every time. The chances are pretty good that we'll get either an open shot or a foul attempt.

I'm still confident in our chances though. I mean it's probably not reasonable to expect to go 2-0 on the road two series in a row. Hibbert played a God Mode game, Wall had the worst game basically ever, and we still would have won if we shoot even 55% from FT line instead of 40% or whatever it was.